Russia 2018: FanID Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by MarquedMan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Decided to give it a shot - looks like you can get a FANID if you were successful in phase 2 random draw

2. azevedof

azevedof Member

May 1, 2014
    Natal
    Club:
    America Natal
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The number is the Request ID. You can see it on your request on FIFA's website or when a ticket confirmation email will be sent, this Request ID number will be on the top of the email.

NickK and BuddhaWake repped this.
  3. So, I made a different request for a guest:

02 Feb Applied
    03 Feb Approved
    07 Feb Arrived at the Post office (Moscow)
    08 Feb Arrived at the customs of Russia, Sharapovo
    09 Feb Released from Russia, Sharapovo
    16 Feb Arrived at the customs of USA (JFK)
    22 Fed Attempted Delivery in Chicago

20 days from applied to delivered!

In comparison, when I requested mine
    07 December Applied
    08 December Approved
    04 January Arrived at the Post office (Moscow)
    05 January Arrived at the customs of Russia, Sharapovo
    10 January Released from Russia, Sharapovo
    23 January Arrived at the customs of USA (JFK)
    30 January Attempted Delivery in Chicago.

I guess they take their holidays seriously, because USPS took more or less the same amount of time to take it to Chicago from NYC(JFK).

4. VaiBrasil

VaiBrasil Member

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    In case any Canadians are waiting ... it took approx 2 weeks from submitting my FanID app to receiving it in the mail. Thumbs up Canada Post!

5. xelaseyer

xelaseyer New Member

Pachuca
    Mexico
    Feb 15, 2018
    Anyone get a FAN ID via tickets from StubHub? Says

"Once the details needed to obtain a FAN ID are available, our customer service team will get in contact with you."
    Don't exactly know what that means as far as when they would provide confirmation numbers.

6. They are asking sellers to provide the ticket request id.

Don't know how they are planning to get FAN IDs though.

7. Jallare123

Jallare123 Member

Dec 12, 2013
    USA
    I keep hearing that visitors need to register in Russia in every city visited. Usually, the hotel takes care of registration as a courtesy. However, my Airbnb host in Moscow wants to charge me $150 per person for registration (outrageous!). The registration should not be more than a few dollars.
    Thoughts???

8. Tell them to go ******** them selves. ( ебать себя if you are wondering.)
    And find out here in the forums how to do it.

wixson7 repped this.
  9. Jallare123

Jallare123 Member

Dec 12, 2013
    USA
    Unbelievable!
    The problem is that we can't register ourselves. The Russian host/hotel/hostel needs to register the visitor. So, I was wondering if anybody else have encountered this problem or have thought about this.....Besides following "Y tu mama tambien" (btw - great movie) advice, are there any other suggestions?

10. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    you can register yourself per the 2018 blog. @Licho has it I believe. is in the 2nd paragraph. www.welcome2018.com/en/guide/2414007/

11. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well one of the hotels I will be staying said that it will charge me for the registration, but just 600 Rubles per person (10 bucks aprox). I will not argue over that amount, but $150 per person is nuts.

12. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    600 is acceptable and on the low end from what I gather during non WC. They have to pay 350 to send the thing in the mail. So not bad.

13. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Only one way to find out.

14. Mrmagu

Mrmagu Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Nov 14, 2017
    Anyone in Brazil received fanID? The tracking number shows that it is stocked in São Paulo airport customs since beginning of the year.

15. Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez New Member

Barcelona
    Colombia
    Feb 22, 2018
    Have a quick question about Fan ID. I applied for two yesterday, one for my father and one for me. I used the same ticket request # for both and yesterday I got the approved email for my application but nothing for my father? It has been a day now and still nothing. Just think its strange because mine was approved in a few hours. Should I send another application?

16. Chill homey.

It is the weekend in Russia too you know.

17. keksonline

keksonline New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    #242 keksonline, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    The host can be punished if he does not register you. It's not your job to take care of it. You might need to pay a small fine if a policeman stops you, but this is very unlikely to happen. At the border the registration is not checked. There should be no problems when leaving the country. Collect all your flight and train tickets to document your itinerary. Also, print the Airbnb booking confirmation. Probably the host cannot or doesn't want to register you. Usually this might be because they don't have an official registration at the apartment, or if they don't pay taxes and don't want the officials to know they have foreigners staying there. So he would need to pay a agency to do the registration, that's why he charges a high premium of $150. Usually the registration is free of charge if you do it at the migration police (FMS) or $5 if to do it via a post office.

18. Jallare123

Jallare123 Member

Dec 12, 2013
    USA
    Thank you!

19. Araujo

Araujo Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Jan 28, 2010
    My FAN-ID was in Guarulhos since Jan 4th, last week it was transfered to Curitiba.

22/02/2018
    14:46
    CURITIBA / PR Objeto recebido pelos Correios do Brasil

02/01/2018
    07:36
    RUSSIA /
    Objeto encaminhado
    de País em RUSSIA / para País em BRASIL / BR

20. That sucks. Brazilian Post must suck.

US Postal Service got my FAN-IDs from New York to Chicago in 6 and 7 days respectively (including 2 weekend days).

21. heysoph9

heysoph9 Member

Bayern München
    Australia
    Oct 10, 2017
    Anyone know if we can apply for a Fan ID for a guest that isn't listed on the ticket application? ie, I will be changing the names of one of the guests when that is available, but can we do the application now using the request ID even if her name isn't on it?

22. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    My understanding is that no one got it in Brazil yet. I suppose you can get it if you go to GRU and pick it up yourself. Still, very annoying.

I remember I sent some keys express to Brazil to my aunt, and she needed them fast. Nope, stuck in GRU customs for like 2 weeks.

23. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    delivery state: printed.

Anybody in Aus know approx how much longer it's going to take?

24. Ashaab Alam

Ashaab Alam New Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Feb 23, 2018
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have a similar question. Any inputs on this would be appreciated

25. anson1023

anson1023 New Member

Shanghai Shenhua
    China
    Feb 21, 2018
    Question for Fan ID

My Fan ID has been approved 8days ago.

But delivery status still shown “not processed”.

All of my friend get printed, issued and shipped within 2-3 days after approval.

Any idea ?

Thank s