Rumor: Forlan to Inter Milan

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by 760Epicenter, Aug 17, 2011.

1. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard he is more of the 2nd option if tevez deal is not struck which is directly connected to whether or not Eto'o leaves for Anhzi

honestly besides creativity and being a good striker not much...he doesn't have any great dribbling skills and his 34 yrs old.....
    and if Gasp is gonna use anything with wide forwards or if he wants pacy, good dribbling support strikers then we should look elsewhere

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This should really go into the transfer thread.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looking at Diego Forlan playing his 100th game for Uruguay and scoring, I can't help but think what happened to him at Inter? Was he out of form or simply injured or were they just saying he was injured because he couldn't' adapt? Too bad he didn't really make it big in Italy bu he is still an incredible player at 34 years of age.

5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say a combination of the above coupled with expectations of "replacement of eto'o" as well as a high wage with very little goals
    Had the club brought him in with a lower wage we could have seen him stay, forlan was brought in for peanuts: 5 mill or less