Rui Patricio appreciation

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by ---Z---, Jul 12, 2016.

1. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Like the man this thread is about. He's been mighty cheered throughout his career with the Portugal.

[​IMG]

Even in this topic there are people saying Anthony Lopes is better. He isn't, anyone watching both of them play and forming unbiased opinions will tell that Patrício is better than Lopes at the moment and has been so far, maybe in the future Lopes will be better. And the funniest thing about it is that Lopes and Patrício are really similar with almost all the same qualities and flaws, but Lopes is more inexperienced, much like Patrício was when he was his age.

2. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He was like THE REASON we got through the first two knockout games. When you want to talk about somebody who did zero, talk about Mario.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    People have the right to have their opinions. Who cares if someone thinks Eduardo or Lopes is better, Rui was the winning keeper. The other two guys were on the bench.
    If the opinions are biased because of the team the player plays for then we don't need these types of fans.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #54 ---Z---, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    if Joao Mario was bad why did he play every game? If you understand the game you'd realize he kept his spot because he helped our midfield retain the ball and kept us compact which Santos wanted as he built us to be a resilient side difficult to defeat. Or are you guys a better coach than Fernando Santos?

by the end of the tournament FS was starting all the SCP players and it worked. Cant argue with results.

Before none of them were good enough

lets not mention Nani, Ronaldo and almost everyone else from SCP

and all of Portugal making fun of Patricio his whole career, like the signs joaommx posted.

Im happy Portugal won but not happy Benfiquistas and Portistas got to enjoy this win and now get happy about Sporting selling all their players

just remember Portugal won this cup mostly due to Sporting, even the international press has pointed this fact out. Only the biased media in Portugal sweeps it under the rug.

in my mind Portugal has 1 Euro Cup but it also basically counts as a de facto Sporting Champions league title, especially since if the club had Money to retain the players all those players would play for them.

theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm not trying to be a dick but look at it from my perspective

I love Sporting and always defended them, Sporting is always the joke in Portugal, Patricio was almost hated on by the non-Sporting fans as much as friggin Eder

and then the same people who shit on them all the time celebrate the Euro cup win? and then suddenly Sanches was the hero?

honestly it was a TEAM effort by Portugal to win the cup, Ronaldo was important as captain and with his important goals and assists but it was the Team that made us win. Santos used every outfield player.

but the fact is 4 SCP players eventually started in the KO rounds and over half the squad was formed in SCP, which is a great achievement for the club.

but hey we aren't tricampeao and haven't won the league since 2002, but at least we played a major role in bringing joy to an entire nation.

Now excuse me well I await the 2016/17 season and all the haterade.

Benfica had Eusebio's Tears in 1966
    Porto had the blue and white Greek victory of 2004

Sporting had THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN PARIS!!!!

I celebrated a bit in Toronto too when Portugal won the Euro. But I immediately realized why I have few Portuguese friends, most of them are idiots who do nothing but shit on Sporting . so I went home and just basked in my own glory.

SCP_16 repped this.
  6. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    #56 BatatasFritas, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Do you want Porto and Benfica fans to hope Patricio has a shutout when they are playing Sporting? Do want us to cheer on Joao Mario when he is playing for Sporting? What a joke. You are confusing the league with Portugal.

If is wasn't for ADC Ademia and FC Oliveira do Hospital forming Eder, we would all be talking about another Portugal moral victory :p

Sumol repped this.
  7. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its not about cheering them on, It's about the complete and blatant disrespect that is shown against Sporting , the club, its players, and the fans and this permeates in Portuguese media, to the people and culture (anyone who is not a Sporting fan).

8. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    As a Porto fan, we don't really have that rivalry hated towards Sporting so there isn't a big disrespect towards the club. The disrespect would only be because your club is from Lisboa and we are suppose to hate Lisboa :D
    Let's be real though, your team hasn't won the league in years so you can't command respect if you haven't won the league.
    I think your issue here is just the Benfica fans who are your rivals and you guys talk just about every same smack about Benfica so not sure why you are so sad about this.
    Do you think The Benfica media respected Porto when we won the CL? They barely reported it and you didn't see us crying about it.

NewLaw83, theFOOTBALLlover and ---Z--- repped this.
  9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    fair enough. It is mostly them.

the truth is I am a bit bitter with the onset of a new season, and the way the last ended. feeling like Sporting should be benefitting more from all of this over the years. Hopefully we have a good season and win the title.

Forca Portugal! Bottom line Portugal deserved this as a whole.

10. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's very evident that Z is just psychologically traumatised by the fact that his team hasn't won since 2002, so much that he is basking in a moral victory for something that players that originated from various Portuguese clubs collectively accomplished. I'm not giving one club more credit than any other. If Vieirinha didn't save that goal, we wouldn't have made it out of the group. It's just so stupid and childish to attribute this championship to one club more than any other. This was achieved collectively.

nickslb14, VERDINHO, NewLaw83 and 2 others repped this.
  11. nickslb14

nickslb14 Member

Oct 23, 2014
    NJ
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Typical Sportinguista mindset. When everything goes well, Sporting is the reason it went well. When it doesn't, its never because of Sporting.

Not a mention from Benfica fans saying they won the Euro because of Renato's equalizer that pushed Portugal through. Or Braga fans because of Eder's goal to save Portugal from PKs.

All hail Sporting. Thank god they provide Portugal with such phenomenal talent. Talent that leaves Sporting because they realize they'll never win sh!t.

You guys take credit for Cristiano yet he was only there for 6 years. He left at 18, which in my opinion makes him more of a Man United product rather than Sporting. Nani was at Real Massama nearly as long as he was at Sporting so one could argue he was developed there.

Sporting fans are nothing but a bunch of pigs.

vaiamerda, BatatasFritas and Sumol repped this.
  12. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    fvk me it started

maybe we should have a poll on which member to receive the first yellow and red cards this new season ;)z:whistling:

eurodad and Michael F repped this.
  13. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    LOl some are going into the season already with a yellow lol

Michael F repped this.
  14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That pic Tells
    You all you need to know why some fans (and I don't include all Porto or benfica fans only the idiots ) didn't deserve to celebrate this euro title

15. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I got it in the Barca forum

Michael F and eurodad repped this.
  16. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Post of the year. Extremely well said.

17. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    LOL Just teazing
    LOL Ok that one does not count. We start now.

Michael F repped this.