RUCKRUNDE: 2020

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by LuckyStriker, Jan 25, 2020.

1. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently, play resumed in the league. 2 played. Loss at Seltzer (saw) Win vs. Mainz (didn't). Flo with a 50 yd. chip the highlight I'd guess.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and kgilbert78 repped this.
  2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ill give Lars an " A+" for attitude...but highly doubt we can cripple them on home turf...something we havent been able do accomplish at BORUSSIA PARK.Somehow they match up against us superiorly and they take away the wind from under our wings from the very start...it takes something special to take this RBL down and steam roll them back n forth.Its been 7-0 so far if am not wrong in their favor to this point....well they are also funneling down loads of Euros into this club...not my style nor would i wanna be a supporter of such !
    Gladbach captain speaks before the summit in Leipzig

Stindl evades: "We want maximum success"

Gladbach captain Lars Stindl wants to compete with Bayern, RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund without, however, speaking openly about the championship. A victory is the declared goal at the summit in Leipzig.

[​IMG]
    Wants victory in Leipzig: Lars Stindl.imago images

The competitors from Munich, Leipzig and Dortmund strengthened again during the winter break and reached deep into their pockets. BVB, for example, caught Erling Haaland and is on Emre Can; RB got Dani Olmo and wants Robin Koch . "These transfers clearly show how different the clubs' economic opportunities are," says Stindl in a kicker interview (Thursday). "What Dortmund and Leipzig could now invest in winter is a house number that would go beyond the scope of Gladbach."

Even without costly new additions to the winter, Stindl sees Borussia as a "super troop with a lot of quality" that wants to "compete with these clubs". The goal for the top game in Leipzig is clear: "We want to win on Saturday."

On the other hand, the championship is not spoken openly in the third place in the table. Why? "We don't have to convey our goals to the outside world," explains Stindl, without wanting to confirm that the title is the internal goal. "We are ambitious and want maximum success," he says only, and demands to remain realistic: "In Gladbach we certainly don't have the obligation to become champions. Other clubs move in completely different spheres."

You can read the complete interview in the Thursday edition of the kicker. In it Stindl also expresses his future.

:Do_O:sneaky::D:cautious::eek::D:devilish::devilish::ninja::alien::ninja::devilish::devilish:

3. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I guess Rose's project "how-weak-can-midfield-get-if-I-try-really-hard" at Wagner's S04 t-o-t-a-l-l-y captivated your attention ;-) [speaking of Wagner, maybe we'll witness a 'real' US-American coaching in Bundesliga next season... if VfB is promoting, of course]
    (if this didn't flash you I guess at least Monteiro's permanent move did)

well, Flo's chip came in smashed in pretty strong, not that easy (at least for a chip)
    turned out he announced it by clean execution in training some days prior to the game

it's all about tomorrow's match against Leipzig now
    in winter break the majority of supporters, players/officials and media expected RB to win the league (some percent points ahead of Bayern; BVB and us barely mentioned at all)... Nagelsmann did not: "We're not good enough."
    of course, in our unsettled times this all changed after the first two matches: L'zig had poor phases against Union and got fought down by F'furt (while Bayern looks like Bayern again... even better :-(
    and Nagelsmann in the meantime discovered a mentality-problem: he isn't sure that all of his players have understood that less than the max isn't enough...
    well I don't expect to see anything of that tomorrow... they will come strong on us (after us they face the Bavarians, if they'll loose both championship is more or less gone... says Werner)
    and quite different from what some observers expected (Rose's flexibility proved them wrong) months ago we are much much better at home (8 consecutive wins!) than on the road...
    I do not see us win there but then again it's Rose's hometown and he and his players are not gonna cave in I suppose

4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Werner is odds on to destroy them. No illusions tomorrow. BMG simply doesn't match up-nor seem to care to. Readily apparent after rd. 1.

5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still,
    there's a reason you play the games. We have often been outmatched by Bayern--on paper. But we've won our fair share against them.

BTW, while not the head coach, Jesse Marsch coached at RB last season.

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #6 Bananenflanke, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Werner is not Lewa, not even close... yes, he's fast like a Jamaican but if their typical game doesn't unfold and he doesn't get the space he can't show...
    the problem is: L'zig isn't all about Werner, there are other dangerous players as well
    :-(

at least they 'cared' about having won as much matches as the best teams, being best comeback team, fielding best defence, being No1. at set pieces (goals after free kicks) etc..... don't be so insatiable, you can't have it all, at least not with Gladbach ;-)))

7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #7 Bananenflanke, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    backbenchers don't count! ;-)))))) (Cherundolo 'co-coached' too, or? and some 'head-coached' in lower leagues like Goulet or Enochs)
    still impressive what Marsch did at Salzburg... the team got totally plundered but they stand up to L'pool (and others, saw them against Genk in CL: 1-4!) quite well...

8. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    we have NEVER won against L'zig...never ever... pretty embarrasing...

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then sport is nothing but an exercise in futility for all concerned.

Me?

I'm in it to win it. Hate the status quo. Will never settle. "and.........what is it?" Everything. It was never about a game. Sorry 'bout that.

10. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    me?
    of course it's "an exercise in futility"! (at least for a supporter)
    what else? it's like life ;-)

I'm in to tease the big teams (and the parvenus with all their donated money, and the Goats of course, but I dislike them less than the first-mentioned)... and to watch their donkeyfaces afterwards... much better than silverware...

anyway, no need to be sorry at all, I hate 'Friede, Freude, Eierkuchen' (~ total conformity)
    that's why I can't avoid falling into the temptation to contradict when I think they actually d-o c-a-r-e
    and the status quo by the way i-s c-h-a-n-g-i-n-g (not radically, of course... well, regarding 1on1s or sprints it is)

and out of brotherly love ;-))))) I feel obligated to protect you from total disappointment (well, I guess you can handle that)!
    because we - most likely - will not "win it" no matter how much we yearn for it, no matter how much 'they care', no matter who is coaching us and so on
    at the moment scoring efficiency and ball control are not good enough to do so (and when they are we'll have lost something we have now)

my table is:
    1. Gladbach 38
    2. L'kusen 34
    3. S04 34
    that's how unambitious (or realistic) I am... I'm in for 4th place (overall) as you see... if this happens it's pretty good... and the good thing: there is still a possibility to make it orgasmic!

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Btw anybody paid attention to Fabian...seems like he is getting back he's form...if he can fire on all cylinders we have some good strength to compliment both our M & D & O Line

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They seem like they have our number..but most of the games so far...we didnt want the "W" bad enough whereas against Hollywood something really gets under our skin....i guess the club somehow somewhere does not take EBL seriously even tho each time they have been hammered inside out by them...something should bring the "MAN" out of them...i wish we could send Ray Lewis in the Cabin before the game....but wait a sec Ray most likley would think soccer is for chicks :(
    :eek::D:ROFLMAO::whistling::speechless::cautious::x3::x3::whistling::whistling::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ninja::ninja::alien::devilish:

13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We wrote the book on "sporting disappointment". Probably why I just choose to refuse to lose....................
    something mentality, dead man in a copter kind of thing that permeated long before he made it famous in certain circles...............

Total disappointment.
    I fervently hope that one day there will come a time when good men can finally sit down and compare notes.................

Here's hope for the Foals and the little guy:

The world is changing all around you.
    Victor - no longer victim.

My focus is lasered on the time when all playing fields are leveled.

I promise: there'll be no dealing with us then....................................

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    AMEN to that..b/c you know on how many levels I can relate to the sentences above my friend. Totally agree and i can feel this chance/change thats in the air...not going to mention date and location but 110 sure that change can be smelt everywhere...and seems like it always has and will continue as such....am talking about the slow turtle that made it to the finish point despite all odds!
    Lucky that piece above was another one of your Marino - like TD's...well-spoken
    brother. As for tomorrow, they cant always press us down to the core like they did last time...we just need to add a few kilometers of speed and distance on the agenda ( each MGB player) that collective will be the only thing we need against those commercial bottle cap/tin foil drink pushers...it does not even need a Jurgen Klopp like coach.Each and every time it was their extra speed and milage superiority on the pitch that caused us trouble!
    A 0-1 Victory will be the best revenge for Die Fohlen.Dirty and smooth and only with 1...well that's my prediction anyways

:ninja::ninja::ninja:
    :alien::alien::alien:
    :devilish::devilish::devilish:
    :D:D:D
    :ninja::ninja::ninja:

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #15 Bananenflanke, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    would start like this I guess:

.................Thuram-----------Plea----------Hermann

...........................................Neuhaus

Johnson--------------------Kramer-----------------------Lainer

...................Elvedi--------- Zak-----------Ginter

might be nonsense depending on Nagelsmann's choices
    usually I would not exchange Wendt, but...
    very curious about what Rose is coming up with, he certainly has more decisive hard facts than I have...

p.s.: BIG SOCCER is barely usable for me at the moment... continous error messages (bad gateway etc)... am I the only one? no problems with other websites at all; checked two Browsers

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No issue here.

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thomas Broich is doing color commentary in English today on FS 2.

18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1. Ok guys been around for years here so tell me please..did and Plea really deserve a RED??? Despite calling the ref potana...but hey the referees must also have the right capacity during high octane games like this....so yea for me those plastic sugar water selling self-entitled brats and their coach that the only thing he was missing was the diapers he left home before coming to the game we're playing with an extra man...they were constantly complaining and pointing fingers...each one of those acts could have been a yellow card.

2. Sommer could have not picked a better game to pull off a "JAY FIEDLER" on us...what a fumble :(
    3. Hats go off to the entire team tho...they showed these wannabe's WHOS BOSS..even with a man down...we were almost there done and dusted but....

We pretty much delivered a master class for the entire game...each player had a clear idea of what to do...and boy we covered and closed all the boxes and spaces...RB was like a deer caught in the headlights...they simply got lucky with that JAY FIEDLER move and the red card that followed!

And instead of being 2nd ...now we are even below those yellow jokers from Dortmund and their slimmy coach!

:(:(:mad::mad::mad::whistling::whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::mad::mad::mad::sick::sick::sick:

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    +1

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As my coach always said, you can't put yourself in a position where the referee can influence the game..

23. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't seen the game.
    So; Mrs. Striker is a bit of an overzealous bargain shopper. Every so often, she likes to exchange my satellite for something cheaper. Usually that means I lose channels. One of those was what the game was on here. Watched some hoops around chores while she was out of town today........................and then doubled back to check out an EPL game while I waited for her to come back from out of town. After finishing with laughing at Man United, I was somewhat surprised to see it had recorded a couple of additional games.

One of those was BMG. Different channel-so I'll make a note going forward so as not to miss any more. Phone showed RBL rallied on a red card and a bomb from distance. 2 yellow cards in 7 seconds for dissent. Impressive.......................

24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On further review, it seems the ref was at a UEFA ref clinic over the winter break where they wanted them to crack down on this kind of behavior by players.

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You an i are old school..and am sure you respect manners very highly just like i do...but there comes a time and place during a certain game...that i think no amount of Clinics and workshops can teach you how to handle it....the ref simply ruined the game! There and then during the RBL game was not the best place for the newly turned "Man of Ref" to apply he's new taught code of ethics:mad::confused::mad:
    Especially looking at Plea he's track record and how polite and even keel he is...am sure he deserved a very very serious talk once the boiling point had dropped vs ejecting him out of the game.
    Anyway, it's done and this is not the first time a less than efficient Ref has ruined a very very important game!

:thumbsdown::whistling::eek::cautious::sick: