RSL/Wizards exhibition in Tulsa [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Merlin172, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    My name is Chad Reynolds and I'm the new Wizards writer for Matchnight.com. I was at the exhibition in Tulsa last night and I've posted my summary of the match here while we're still in the process of getting the KC Matchnight site ready.

http://www.hoasoccer.org/Wizards/exhibition.html

It may also appear at the RSL matchnight page.
    Hopefully we'll get the KC Matchnight site up and running in the next few days/weeks and we'll have a proper place to put all of this stuff.

2. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Some thoughts on the match:
    To be perfectly honest, your boys looked pretty bad. Mathis looked genuinely disinterested during his 45 minutes of the match, and the team had problems creating chances all night. Kreis was largely ineffective, mostly due to lack of quality service out of the midfield (Williams was all but invisible for the entire match).
    Countess made a couple of quality saves, but still has the same old problem where he looks like he loses his concentration for minutes at a time. He also doesn't hold the ball very well on shots. He was lucky that KC wasn't following their shots tonight, or the scoreline could have been worse. He just spills too many simple shots.
    Kreamalmayer is going to be very good. He's got great speed, and an amazing motor to go with it. The kid just doesn't stop running. Between Kreis and Kreamalmayer, you could run all day on slower back lines. And his cross for the goal was absolutely perfect. Probably the best pass of the entire match.

Chad

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Much gracias, senor. I'd love to add to your comments, take issue with some things, and compliment others. But it's hard to do that when I didn't see the match. Not that such a detail stops it from happening on BS.... :)

Thanks for taking the time to post the links and share some of your comments on the match!

4. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wizards 4
    RSL 1

OUCH!

5. Brilliant Orange

Brilliant Orange New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    TX
    I agree with Merlin's report. I was at the match and I went specifically to see Mathis, Kreis, Williams and Pope and I was happy to see them up close, but they just didn't play well.