RSL v Houston 8/5/17. 8pm Kick

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Aug 4, 2017.

1. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #51 RSLer, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    We have forwards. They create chances. What we don't have is a forward or two who can punish mistakes like a cold-blooded killer. We have a hard time even getting shots that are on goal. That's the difference between 9 points and three points in this home stand. I give Houston a ton of credit. They played a a smart game. But we broke them down several times. We did everything but score.

21 shots. NONE on goal. Some of that was because Houston packed the box and many shots never made it past the guy marking the shooter. A lot of it was because we have no true striker other than Yura....and he isn't contributing.

Allez RSL and BalanceUT repped this.
  2. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tonight was his worst outing recently. His passes were not accurate tonight. His late shot was not on-frame, but, honestly, that's what he does with his shots. Of course, when Yura had his opportunities he looked like he was running in molasses. He isn't sharp at all.

3. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Fail.

Ismitje and RSLer repped this.
  4. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So incredibly frustrating. The only good thing is this: The team is playing for Petke. They care. Beckerman had his best game I can remember. PUT THE BALL IN THE EFFING NET!!!!!

5. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are definitely more fun to watch these days. The effort is there.

BalanceUT repped this.
  6. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, more fun to watch, but now we get our hopes up. And that sucks.

BalanceUT and RSLer repped this.
  7. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most boring game of the year, by far, I nearly fell asleep on multiple occasions. 21 shots, 0 on goal, I mean jesus ********ing christ, how do you go an entire match (at home no less) without even one single shot on goal.

RSLer repped this.
  8. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you really want to watch that game again? Because that's how. :)

BalanceUT and JLaw repped this.
  9. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we have to try Yura over Silva now. Silva does a decent job of holding the ball up and laying it off but he also sucks at finishing/scoring and that's kinda what we need that position to do most of all.

10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Yura did anything when he is in I would agree. But he doesn't. Silva doesn't finish well, but he's not our biggest problem in that regard.

PumaJohnny and BalanceUT repped this.
  11. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #61 KendaReal, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    He whiffed multiple chances today, and we kept a clean sheet so I would say it's our biggest problem right now. I'm not saying Yura is better, but when our attackers are Rusnak, Savorino, Plata, and Silva and we can't score then we need to change something up and I think it should be Silva. How many minutes has Yura actually played since we've had that midfield trio anyway? We just played a full game at home, up a man for a third of it, and didn't ask their keeper to make a single save. How much do we really stand to lose by starting Yura?

12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish Wade Barrett was healthy - and that is a remarkable statement.

13. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Why would you want a wrestler to be healthy? I think he already is.

Chad Barrett on the other hand, yeah.

Ivensor, 15 to 32, DrownedElf and 5 others repped this.
  14. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Early in the season Dunny said that the worse thing that happened to RSL was Chad Barrett getting hurt, because it left no competition for Yura. Of course, Silva has come through to provide competition because he has chemistry with our current set of playmakers. Barrett, though, is more of a pure striker. It would have been interesting to see how he meshed with this group.

15. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    From the local broadcast, just as the match ended, Petke can clearly be heard saying "Embarrassing. F*cking embarrassing" while walking in disbelief toward Cabrera to shake his hand.

RSLer repped this.
  16. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, so you want to play Yura, a guy who can't finish despite the good opportunities he's been given AND doesn't hold up the ball/lay it off/help his teammates, over a guy who can't finish but does those things? Wwhhyyyy?! Yura's strengths right now are coming on to the pitch waving his arms around trying to get the crowd riled ip, then running around like a chicken with his head chopped off, being "energetic" and dramatic, and then shanking the one or two good chances he gets. Basically he's a very expensive cheerleader.

17. Kratisto

Kratisto Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Are we seriously pinning hopes on Chad Barrett, the strong positioner known to shoot over crossbars from 3 feet out? The guy has terrible aim.

We need a sabo =(.

still salty about losing him.

15 to 32, goobx1 and Allez RSL repped this.
  18. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Truth.
    More Truth.

The Franchise and goobx1 repped this.
  19. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who?

I know who... but, um... how many minutes has he played for us?

20. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not. He was trending downward. We were rid of him after his maximum value had passed. He's retired now.

RSLer and andyslc repped this.
  21. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    But like phills said above, we need a striker on the team. One who can score when given the opportunity. Like Sabo.

22. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I want to go to the dimension that has RSL at the top of the table, and szechuan sauce. Where's Rick when you need him?

Good news is, I guess I'm fully off the minor playoff hope train. All I can do is hope we've got a couple strikers lined up for the offseason, because we need both a starter and a backup.

jessyca repped this.
  23. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need both of those. Another need that popped up last night replacement for Wingert. When Houston substituted speedy guys into the game Wingert was out of his league. He also lost track of them allowed them to receive passes with a ton of space deep in our end. I think going down to 10 men was the only reason they didn't take full advantage.

Allez RSL repped this.
  24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Why don't we player Schuler or Maund at left back instead of Wingert?

Acosta and Phillips have to be above Wingert on the depth chart, right?

Allez RSL repped this.
  25. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing Schuler means being down a sub since we'll have to use one when he gets injured.

Wingert never should've been here the 2nd time around, so we will for sure need someone. I'm fine sticking with Acosta for the future. We really do need at least a backup, or I'd be fine if we got a quality starter and used Acosta as the backup. If the FO is smart, we'd get rid of both Phillips and Wingert in the offseason. There has to be better choices out there for the salaries they make.