RSL Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by CrazyJ628, Nov 12, 2014.

1. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Anyone renewing? I am but my seats are more expensive this year. I kind of wish they'd cut you a slight break when you renew.

2. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's why they allow you to lock in for 3 years. I would've locked in prior, but sometimes my work schedule isn't what I hoped for, so I didn't want to be on the hook for tickets I couldn't use. I did renew again, but I was on the fence about it.

15 to 32 repped this.
  3. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're still in Sec. 25 with the rest of the cool kids next year. I'm not sure if 15's going to chicken out and go back to the cozy, protected confines of Section 14 or wherever he came from.

If you're looking for a new home, you could do worse than 25.

4. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he's just trying to get away from you crazy people, and the free hot dogs was the final straw? :D

I'm really hoping I'll be able to go to most/all of the games this next year. It'll be sad if I can't, but it'll be for good reasons at the very least.

5. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They haven't given me an option to lock in a price since my last one ran out in 2013.

6. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hadn't looked into the lock in for awhile. I figured it was still something you could do. It would seem like good business on both ends. You're guaranteed someone in the seat for 3 years, even if it's at a lightly reduced price the final couple of years, and it keeps the customer happier by saving a few bucks over those years.

7. realsparta

realsparta Member

Jul 22, 2008
    All over
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were able to block in last year for another three.

15 to 32 repped this.
  8. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Renewed in section 25, but leaving the option open to move to different seats within the section. Wish 15 wasn't leaving. I will miss the confetti (along with the "can I pick confetti off of the guys head in front of me without him n0ticing" game).

Also considering 24 because they get shade sooner. Not sure if I want to deal with self-righteous people in non-drinking-land or a larger possibility of small screamy ones, though.

15 to 32 repped this.
  9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The move to 14 has been put on a hold as, get this, there are (according to my rep) no seats available in 14. Not like no seats on the top row (where my group has to be as we stand and are obnoxious) but none. Zilch. Nada. It's a weird little game we're playing with the rep right now. I call BS on the whole section being locked up. We need 4 seats so that might limit, but no way in hell that place is full.

What is interesting is that the supposed deadline to keep your seats wasn't anything like advertised. I got in contact with the rep the day after that happened, hoping that something would have free'd up. Nope. They didn't release anyone. People that didn't renew still have their tickets locked up.

So, long story short, it sounds very likely that we'll be in 25 again. There is nothing wrong with the seats. In fact, with this new board in the south end, they just got better. However, I just prefer the angle on the top of 14. It's higher and not as flat to the field in terms of length. Allows better depth perception. I do enjoy that the seats I'm in now have a good chunk of seats in front of it that aren't STH. New people every game that get to have the confetti experience.

10. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    We at least put some money down to save our current seats. I asked about moving back to Section 3 if we only bought 2 seats instead of 4 this year and the closest they had were in row Z. That's a bit to far away from the field for my wife so we will probably be back in 25 with either 2 or 4 seats next season.

Looking forward to excellent replay visibility.

11. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'm in Sec. 33 and love my seats. Most of the people around me renewed and the family behind me is pretty cool. Family not "family". With the new video board it's going to get even better. If they'd just go ahead an upperdeck/roof the whole north end we'd be in business. :)

12. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My Dad and I are renewing with a possibility of upgrading.
    If not then we're probably staying in section 4

13. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Been years since I bought seasons. Would like to snag some in the upper deck. Best seats in the house.

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  14. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird. I just talked to my rep and he said there's loads of tickets left in 14, especially at the top. I wonder if your reputation precedes you?

;)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15 to 32 repped this.
  15. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I regret never actually buying the Section 25 horde beers. Let's try and make that happen next year at the opener.

2nd Mouse repped this.
  16. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    @goobx1 and @15 to 32 . Never could quite figure out how to go up to someone and ask if they have heard of BigSoccer without coming across as some sort of strange stalker-dude.

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  17. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I'm not too hard to find. [​IMG]

Lizzie Bee and 15 to 32 repped this.
  18. WasatchDuck

WasatchDuck Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Downtown
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I see that flag all the time and it ********ing rules.

How did you make it? Where did you get your materials?

19. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    We bought the material at Joanns. It's light fabric liner my wife says. We bought about 40-60 yards of it in the three colors, I cut them out and my talented wife sewed it all.

We did the same thing a couple years ago with two smaller flags about 5x8 that I gave away. One to an RSL fan in Portland and lizzybee at the airport after RSL came home after the MLS cup last year.

I needed a reason to make a bigger flag. It worked. The new flag is 8x12. It's about as big as I dare go not sitting on the front row.

I think I can sweet talk my wife into making another one with the other half of the fabric we bought and haven't used. It's a long off season.

20. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be in section 34, cooking in the sun.

15 to 32 repped this.
  21. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just come up and say hi
    I'm fairly certain y'all know who I am now with my confetti and colorful language (sorry to your children)

22. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Words can't describe how much I love this flag. If the wind is blowing to the east, we try to nail it with confetti.

I will bring flags next year. I really didn't bring my A game this year.

Oh, and dude looking down on top row left likely ripping up confetti or reading twitter = me

23. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'd also like some flag info. Thinking of making one for next season.

24. WasatchDuck

WasatchDuck Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Downtown
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Awesome man, thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to have to make me one for next season.

25. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    We also sewed a strip of heavier fabric down the side that connects to the pole and attached the grommets. You can get a grommet kit at Joanns too. Pretty simple stuff.