Review: RSL is back and Titi is on fire!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by EL MONO MARIO, Apr 2, 2012.

1. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Week 4 is in the books in MLS and One of the best games of the week was no doubt the Timbers against RSL. You will not see a better game in any league in the world! Out of the 5 goals, 4 were really world class finishes. Darlington Nagbe is one to watch. A great match that any team could have won it was the much more together and calmer RSL side that took the match with some great finishing and some smooth passing. RSL plays (along with the Sounders and KC Sporting) the best soccer in the league. Fluid and nice…

The Toronto FC – Crew rivalry took another page of the usual as Toronto FC, the CCL semifinalist, went 0-3 out the gate… looking luck laster against a Crew side who got a win and nothing else. Milovan Mirosevic has the makings of a MLS star and the Crew are a work in progress… Time will tell.

Cheers for Titi Henry for a hat trick and some cold water on what has been a bummer week for the NYBD officially losing Luke Rodgers for the season.
    What’s wrong in LA? Is the Da Bruce sending a warning sign? Benching Becks at half time? Maybe he sees a lot of sloppy play wants more from his DPs?

Golden Star: Titi Henry. Hat trick baby!

Silver Star: . Darlington Nagbe two world class goals.

Wooden Spoon: Luke Rodgers: Who is Luke Rodgers? Someone who couldn’t get his VISA renewed.

2. dsirias

dsirias Member

Oct 26, 2007
    This is MLS so every team has an achilles heal. It's just a matter of who has the fewest

RSL's weakness is that Paulo Jr is not impressing and Saborio runs hot cold. Right now he is cold. And they can be beaten by a track meet team like KC or Vancouver

KC's problem is that that one of their main attackers has to be Convey or Bunbury-- the former who is clearly past his prime and ineffectual from what I can see, and the latter, never with a high soccer IQ, who seems to be regressing. Love to watch them play. 4213 is really how they roll. They will be in all games because, in combination , Espinoza and Cesar are like Medusa, knocking off most anything before it gets in front of their well organized back 4

Seattle must get healthy. If they do they will be fine. If not, big trouble.

NYRB is fun to watch because Henry and Cooper will score ton of goals. But their center midfield is a joke. Rafa Marquez refuses to move off the ball-- never moving to space to provide your teammates options and playing defense with minimal effort. Effort is no longer in his vocabulary. Coupled with Dax McCarty's inability to pass the ball cleanly.....to anyone except the opponent, this team will eventually disappoint.

Finally I think Bruce has run out of magic in LA. I really do. Beckham should have gone to Paris because he is too old even for MLS.

My darkhorse team is Houston, because they are grinders and seem to do just enough to eek out wins. Not pretty but effective.