RSL/Goat Lite; 8/6 Pre,PBP& Post[R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Isn't that Arias? The Goats player who was ejected?
    I like the fact that the picture is named kickdunseth.
    Is that like whack-a-mole at ChuckeCheese.

2. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    If you can get fined for diving, then there should definitely be one for this. Those guys deserve to be on the bottom of the heap.

3. neophyte

neophyte Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Chivas USA displayed an appalling lack of sportmanship during the entire game. Their FO should fine their own players for the crap they put out on the field.

How bizarre to fake a fall from an imaginary punch from Mathis when he was already red-carded. What was there to gain? And to do it in front of both benches and the ESPN cameraman was beyond stupid.

Chivas' sportmanship is an embarrassment to their squad, to Chivas Guadalajara, and their fan base. It their fans who should be complaining.

On a different subject, it was great to see so many shots on goal for a change. Too bad so many were just a little off.

Deseret News is reporting that Jason Kreis may be out for the rest of the season with a broken foot. Once he got his cleats off he couldn't walk. He looked fine doing the postgame interviews on the field. What a bummer.

4. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Who are you talking to? the guy calling me a 'pendejo' because I think Chivas played like classless hacks?... I just called it how it is.

Sorry, if I don't feel sorry for them that we got a marginal call in our favor - it's not like it didn't happen for them in our first meeting. It's not like it didn't happen for them when Clint was sent off - the only guy who should have been going off was Romo and that wankor with the Kung Fu kick on Dunseth.

Reread my posts, I never get upset - I just don't agree with him.

Sorry, if I don't have anything good to say about Chivas - what I saw at the game yesterday was beyond pathetic. I think the ref didn't manage the players or the incident well, but it's not the ref's fault that Romo did what he did or the other BS that went on by the other Chivas players.

5. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was goal #5000 and first one in the North Goal. Does it count as "poll stuffing time"?
    More like a "given".
    :D

GO REAL!

7. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    That sure was an exciting game.

Chivas organization plays some cheap stuff. Did the same in Colorado.

But man ... that was a TERRIBLE PK.
    A. it happened outside of the box
    B. it was shoulder to shoulder

But hey, that ref lost control long ago. He should have just stayed home.

Here's to seeing you OFTEN :)

8. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't disagree that it was a bad call, however, I do have to say that the contact was in the box. It happened right in front of me.

9. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Go have a look.... http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/sights/

10. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Afraid I have to agree with those that felt the PK call was quite harsh and one of the most generous I have seen in some time. 9 times out of 10, we don't get that call. If the same call had been made at the other end to give the Chivas a PK, the home crowd would have been screaming bloody murder.

Still maybe it was poetic justice when you consider the calls (and non-calls) in the box that occurred in the first match at the HDC.

I guess sometimes you get the calls, and sometimes you don't.

11. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I have seen it in person, and on the web, and still believe the hardest part of the contact happened in the box. Though, as I have said, it was a bad call.

12. b_rad82

b_rad82 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Slick City
    The PK was a bad call, I had a great angle in section N25 - when it happened I turned to my date and said, "That's a weak penalty kick. . . but I'll take it."

My personal opinion is that it was essentially a make-up call. Which sucks, but the ref was obviously a gutless piece of sht anyway.

By the way, Romo deserves to be hog-tied in front of the loyalist section on pointy-object give-away night. Did you guys see at the end of the fight when he ran up behind DJ Countess as Countess was walking back to his goal, Romo bends over and puts his head near Countess' arm and then falls down writhing on the ground? wtf?

13. DadOf6

DadOf6 Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is true but the foul is where the illegal contact starts.

Randall

14. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    come on folks, it's neck and neck with Ruiz. Vote for Andy!

15. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    This I know. My point is the fact that the hardest part of the contact came within the box. AAARRRRGGHHH!

One could say that the contact became illegal after the players were in the box. It was just a bad call.

16. Steve H.

Steve H. Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    OK, I realize this is a little late, but I've finally seen the highlights from the web site.

1. I still think Williams was wearing a shortsleeve jersey in the first half (as shown by the missed shot early in the game, and milling about after the scrum), and a longsleeve jersey in the second half. I guess being from Jamaica, the conditions were a little cool for him Saturday afternoon. Anyway, I'm glad he warmed himself up for the second half.

2. Isn't it funny how Mathis's shin or whatever stopped hurting him, and he was able to stop writhing around on the ground, the second he was struck by the ball that Arias kicked at him?

3. I agree with those who said that Mathis did not hit Romo in the nads.

17. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your right about #1. williams WAS wearing a short sleeved jersey in the first half. go look at the photo gallery on mlsnet.com for the game and the picture of the scrum they have shows williams with a short sleeve jersey on.

#2.....ya thats common in soccer. in fact i would say that most fouls and calls like that are called due to a certain amount of acting by the player. its just part of the game, if you want to get a call sometimes you need to sell it. besides who wouldnt have wanted to take a little breather, it was freaking hot out there.

#3..... mathis did NOT hit romo at any point. romo grabbed mathis' arm and flopped over. what a complete joke, hopefully mathis and rsl appeal this god aweful decision by the league. this makes me sick.

18. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Also, for what it's worth - my I was growing up (about 14 years old), my younger brother and I were fighting about something and he kicked me - he didn't mean to kick me hard, but I turned into it and it dislocated my jaw... (I was getting up from watching TV)... At first my thoughts were about pain and how bad it hurt, but then my desire to kick his a$$ over-rode the pain and I had no problem going after him - not realizing the pain again until after HIS butt whoopin' ... :D

So, for those, who don't get the point - when you are mad you can overlook a lot of pain. Personally, I grew up in the school of thought that you never show the other guy that he could hurt you - no matter how bad it hurt... then you paid him back later, trying to make it look like you were only coming at him 50% (so he'd wonder what FULL THROTTLE felt like).

Now, despite playing organized soccer for 27 years (club, highschool, etc...) - I understand why some guys embellish, particularly if you are getting hacked a lot... it's the only way the stupid ref is going to understand that what they are doing hurst - AND can injure you. However, it's never worked well for me... I always prefer to handle paybacks personally - but that's just me. :eek: