RSL/Goat Lite; 8/6 Pre,PBP& Post[R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Aug 2, 2005.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Come on, one of those by Perez had to be a foul.

2. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Why did Martinez do that? First he aqrgues over nothing and gets a YC.

And now he hacks Watson down.

Seriously, ref BLOW YOUR WHISTLE!

3. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Salazar needs some remedial class before he hits the pitch again as a ref

4. rapscallion

rapscallion New Member

May 1, 2002
    Andy Williams - MOTM

No other candidates, really.

5. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    That's full-time.

RSL 2
    Chivas 1

Another win at RES. Better yet the curse of the north end has been broken.

6. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not exactly the butt-whupping I was looking for, but I'm happy nonetheless. The officiating blew, the Goats were ugly, but we got two in the north - and the 5000th for MLS! Andy's definitely my MOTM!

7. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Paul Broome had another nice game. Seems like a good pick up on Ellinger's part. Too bad we couldn't have had him in their from day one instead of the Rojas / others experiments that went on at LB during the first half of the season.

8. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLSnet Game Stats

______________RSL__CDCUSA
    Total Shots:......22.....11
    Shots on Goal:..12.......6
    Total Saves:.....5.......10
    Fouls:..............8........18
    Offsides:..........1.........2
    Corner Kicks:.....3........5

9. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    I fixed your post.

;)

10. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    How did the announcers on 1280am do? I heard some other folks complaining about them earlier this year.

12. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I listened online because I'm at the office today. They seemed OK. Homers, but who isn't. Liked the "in the kitchen" reference the first time. The next 100 times it got tedious. Hey, any time you hear the goats losing its good. I hope the league does nothing to Romo for his buffoonery, which then allows players to take care of that little fvcker on the field.

13. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I think Ryan Hatch has improved a lot. I didn't have anything visual to grade the PBP against, but I thought it was easy to follow - and easy to get into. I'm going to give Hatch props. And I always enjoy listening to Wayne Scholes commentary. Today was no exception.

14. Steve H.

Steve H. Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Was it just me, or did Williams change into his long sleeve jersey at halftime?

It seemed to make a difference, because he was on fire for the second half. Coulda and maybe shoulda had one or two more, but he was exciting as hell. Did everyone catch the backheel between the defender's legs along the sideline?

15. kkmmtt

kkmmtt Member

Jun 2, 2005
    he was also on fire in the first half !

16. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    WOOO HOOO! Just got back from the match! RSL KICKED GOAT ASS!

All the Chivas fans chanting at the match were shut up pretty damn quick. They tried to drown out the Loyalists, the Rogue Cavalier Brigade and the Jesters, but to no avail!

ReAL ReAL ReAL!!!!!!!!

Andy Williams is the man. At the end of the match he came and grabbed a Loyalists RSL scarf, said thanks, slapped some skin, and took off!!! He is THE man!

Our fan base kicks serious ass. These are the kind of results we should expect.

BTW, the red on Mathis was a joke, not to mention that some of the Chivas players are extreme poor sports. At one point during the scuffle, one of them just fell to the ground grabbing his head, yet, there was absolutely NO contact. PVSSY!

I know that Mathis is a bit testy sometimes, and tends to bitch and moan a lot, but he did not deserve that red card in my book.

VIVA ReAL!

17. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal

Kreis had already started the play and gave it to Watson. Martinez then ran to get the ball away because Watson was taking his sweet ass time. The ref, which doesn't suprise me one bit, didn't see that Jason had already moved the ball. So, again, ref sucking big time. The refs here in this league are HORRIBLE!

18. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    That makes sense.

Overall I wouldn't give the refs in the league too much flack. But today was very, very frustrating.

19. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  20. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like he's missing his right hand.

21. UTmorMAN

UTmorMAN New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Ogden
    I was also at the game and brought a first timer with me. We both had a great time. RSL games very entertaining. I simply do not understand why some people will not give it a chance. The fight in the first half was awesome. I felt bad for the FO because they were handed out numerous bags of streamers which were subsequently used in the mele to throw at all of the players in front of the bench. I also saw Pastorino walking around in the second half by the Loyalists. He seemed just as excited as the rest of us when they scored the first goal on the north end. I like that about RSL. I have met many of the FO people just in passing walking around the stadium before, during, or after games. How many teams/leagues have their GM hanging around the cheering section of stadiums? I assume not many. My hats off to the team for a great game/experience, and the FO for their style.

22. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Didn't you hear? He lost it Luke Skywalker style: to his father.

:D

Okay, that was dumb....

23. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is he going to have it replaced? Normal-looking duplicate, or Golden Claw of Death?

24. the Bardguy

the Bardguy New Member

May 15, 2005
    Utah
  25. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    The game today was pretty good. Hot as can be on the east side. Too bad it will be my last one for a while since I'm moving to Vegas. Some of my thoughts...

1. Rusty Pierce was getting killed all game long
    2. Andy Williams didn't change into long sleeves, he was wearing them the whole game.
    3. Romo and the LB who has the Fabio hair are perfect examples of why people hate soccer players.
    4. The last two games had 20,000 +. Do people really care that much about fireworks?