RSL Fan Experience

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by CrazyJ628, Sep 16, 2015.

1. dstorm

dstorm Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've noticed the past few games that La Barra has disappeared.... no more drums, no more chanting and singing from that group in the South End. Anybody have any insight as to what happened? They have been around forever.....

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bring Back Samba Gringa!

SpiffCoug, BalanceUT and goobx1 repped this.
  3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

UPinSLC, DrownedElf and rslfanboy repped this.
  4. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Email I received today. Posted without comment.

5. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    They want you back on the waiting list?

DrownedElf and Allez RSL repped this.
  6. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, each of these things is absolutely true. For those who did not buy tickets this year primarily due to the team's struggles, poor coaching, or perceived indifference from the front office, this season should have properly addressed their concerns.

TheBiff and Allez RSL repped this.
  7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed
    this isn't a bad tactic. Weird? Certainly. But it's not a bad one.

TheBiff and Allez RSL repped this.
  8. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Seemed like a reasonably classy way to do it, for me.

No #family nonsense, no whoever-runs-twitter "we've always been awesome, you are disloyal and suck as a human being" childishness. Just a simple, we fixed stuff and would like you back.

TheBiff, jessyca, DrownedElf and 5 others repped this.
  9. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad email at all. I like that it's quick to the point, and none of the usual marketing speak. And the points brought up are actually true, so extra points for that. I haven't received an email myself, but that's likely due to not renewing for next year, so it'd probably be a little weird for them to try and bring me back.

10. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was a season ticket holder in 2005. Where's my email?!

11. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    traded with our international slot to the cRapids

Todorojo, rslfanboy, El-ahrairah and 4 others repped this.
  12. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    They sent out an email to season ticket holders asking for feedback as well. At least they sent me an email and I assume that my opinion is not the only one they were interested in learning about.

It was fun.

13. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That explains why I get a call from the cRapids sales reps EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. AT. LEAST. ONCE.

Ismitje repped this.
  14. pcny

pcny Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Yeah, I figured the email wouldn't come to me because I didn't select "The Coach" as reason for not re-upping last year. But if you did, then the email highlights we have moved on!

Maybe when they decide to take down the "networking club", I'll get one saying, "OK--you want your seats back?"

15. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We kind of get a kick out of the DC United ticket reps looking at a screen that says we live in Washington while we explain we are not local. The NYCFC folks are less confused but still try to pitch us on a mini-package.

16. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get emails and occasional phone calls from Columbus and DC ticket folks. At least we are reasonable for the DC folks, being only 2.5 hours away. But, the Columbus folks are fishing deep to contact someone 5 hours away. Don't they have a checkbox that says they are fans of the opposing team at the one game attended 2 years ago?

17. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Columbus is trying to make up for 20 years of ignoring the rest of the state with a new, popular team on the rise just 2 hours down the road

18. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but I find that on game day, I am looking for reasons to not attend and that I regret buying season tickets.

Is it the obvious quality difference between the recently completed world cup and MLS? Maybe just soccer burnout from so many WC games in a short time span. Frustration with all the team injuries and failed striker signings? Stadium experience getting in a rut? Just the summer heat? Bad reffing that doesn't look to improve soon?

Honestly, I don't know if it's some all or none of the above.

More importantly, I don't know how many of the above I expect will reasonably change in the future .

Have any of you just needed to take a soccer sabbatical? Did it help?

19. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tend to just have the game on in the background while doing something else. It frustrating that I feel that way, but it's hard to want to tune in and give it my full attention anymore.

20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing I feared with the Monarchs and Royals coming into the picture, especially with how fast they did, was fan fatigue. I'm suffering from that. I look at my flashseats account and see so many games now that I struggle to see a reason to attend. Much like you, I look for excuses to attend. Honestly, I've been passing up attendance for reasons I historically would not have.

A major factor in this is how much "fun" these games are to attend, currently. The Royals, in particular, are excruciatingly painful in the lack of pace. This isn't a knock on the women's game - I can watch other women's team just fine - it's the Royals 100%.

For RSL I am struggling to enjoy this current iteration of the team. There is too much old players mixed in with the young players to get excited about, for me. What is funny is that games I do attend I almost always enjoy. I just don't have the drive to go like I did in the years of 2010-2013/14.

21. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took a soccer sabbatical for a few years after the first two seasons. I'd invested so much time and energy into it, and BS and the supporters groups had become super toxic. I had nothing to give for quite a while.

Taragui and 15 to 32 repped this.
  22. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    When you came back (and I'm glad you did), did it seem that the environment had changed or just your ability to react to it?

And thaks in advance for the free therapy. It's the only kind I can afford.

In payment, I can only offer this:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1929176113795308&id=253406494705620&__tn__=,g

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  23. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha, already saw it and reacted this morning. Dayum.

I believe BS is not nearly as toxic as it used to be. The supporters groups? I'm no longer involved because ******** that, but I still see too much ego to feel like they're progressed as much as they should have.

That's a very, very outside point of view, though.

24. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you're not involved with RMC anymore, are you? Who handled that this game?

25. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This hawt female handled it this time. She'll also be taking it to Colorado next month. IMG_20180721_202936_370.jpeg

15 to 32, Ismitje and RSLer repped this.