News: RSL 2019 Season News

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by kirsoccer, Mar 1, 2019.

1. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the weather forecast closely prior to making my ticket purchases. There’s no doubt that it impacted sales. The cheapest seats I found in the upper east deck were $32/each. For 2 tickets with taxes and fees it cost $72. Add $10 for parking. It’s about a 40 mile drive each way for me. If you go by the IRS formula of over $.50/mile to operate a car, then add $40 more. Dining is optional if course, but we grabbed a sandwich at Schlotzky’s. So approximately $15. My son got a soda and hot dog at the game, $7. In all the Caps game cost me almost $150. I had been seriously considering getting a couple of half season tickets prior to the game, but deep sixed that idea after calculating the total per game expenditure. For the local folks who have access to public transit it’s probably more reasonable, but not cheap.

Allez RSL repped this.
  2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Bobby Warshaw on MLSSoccer.com - 24 Observations on 24 Teams after Week 2:

"Aaron Herrera was excellent on Saturday, taking care of all the little actions we don’t notice about an outside back unless he or she messes them up. He followed his runner on the back post; blocked entry passes into the box; and handled 1v1 situations. He and Brooks Lennon have the chance to make a top-tier outside back pairing this season."

georg, 15 to 32, RSLer and 1 other person repped this.
  3. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. As a tandem they aren’t top-tier right now, but if Lennon can take the next step they have the chance to be.

4. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corey Baird gets called up for the Chile and Ecuador games.

RSLer repped this.
  5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are still people in this fanbase that want Herrera to move to RB and Lennon to play FW and an injured Beltran to play... LB?

RSLer and irondeepbicycle repped this.
  6. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    There are still people in this fanbase that dont? ;)

RSLer, DrownedElf, georg and 1 other person repped this.
  7. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    Adam Henley is still on the roster!

rslfanboy repped this.
  8. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LB would be Donny Toia.

9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

PumaJohnny, irondeepbicycle and RSLer repped this.
  10. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the answer is to make the event a bit more affordable. $2.00 hot dogs, $5.00 beers for example.

rslfanboy repped this.
  11. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I think the beer prices are a no-go. They already have enough problems with drunken antics in the stadium.

However, lower prices for concessions in general is a great idea, even if it's a hot dog.

georg repped this.
  12. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Granted that I do not go to many games, but I can honestly say that I have never observed obviously drunken behavior at a RSL home game.

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, do you not remember the whole Braun's Mom debacle?

PumaJohnny, trackrunner, RSLer and 3 others repped this.
  14. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe making the beer affordable would lower the number of drunk fans entering the stadium. Personally I would like to enjoy a beer each half, but at $9.00 I am going to drink four $2.00 beers in the parking lot.

RSLer, Allez RSL and 15 to 32 repped this.
  15. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those guys were not getting drunk in the stadium. And I doubt $9.00 beers played a role in her behavior either.

RSLer and 15 to 32 repped this.
  16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are some folks that sit in the seats just north of mine that drink a beer or two at every game. I have no idea how they afford it. I guess they figure with the free food in the section (which they rarely actually eat) they can go get it and live with it?

17. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I won a couple tickets off the twitter from DJ and gave them to our friends that didn't pick up season tickets this year.

The tickets were in Section 35 and the wife was pretty stunned when we stopped by at halftime that the guy next to them offered them a shot of whiskey out of his flask.

They'll drink however and whatever they can and want whether beer is $2 or $9.

I could definitely go for lower food prices that's for sure.

18. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was also the post-game scuffle in the SG's tailgating lot where Prolific chipped his tooth (IIRC).

19. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    After an early-season loss to Vancouver threeish years ago a couple of drunk guys on the top row of the balcony started yelling and kicking seats in disappointment. They were angry enough to have started something if anyone else was stupid enough to confront them. Another guy was barely making it down the stairs with his flask in hand but was really chill otherwise.

I don't drink, but I thought the same thing as georg. Lower beer prices could possibly lower the number of drunks in the stadium.

20. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but I did not observe it.

21. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does one get a flask through the security check at the gate? Asking for a friend.

22. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most drunken behaviors I’ve seen at MLS games were at the Dick when we played them several years ago ( and that was in the parking lot following the game when several groups of RSL and Crapids fans almost exchanged hands ), and at a PTFC/Whitecaps game in Portland. This was a great atmosphere, but Holy Cow at the booze influenced behavior. Nonetheless, that place has to be a top soccer experience in the USA.

23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    before the metal detectors it was really easy. You've been to a Utah football game, yeah? Same concept

24. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s been 10+ years since I’ve been to a Utes game. It’s my understanding that the flask in question has no metal.

25. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plastic flask in the pocket of a hoodie, piece of cake. Or give the flask to your 12 year old kid. Parent of the year award goes to......

rslfanboy and RSLer repped this.