News: RSL 2019 Season News

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by kirsoccer, Mar 1, 2019.

1. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the 23rd minute tonight Dunny told us that ‘the Athletico San Luis President had a verbal and written agreement with RSL and with Joao Plata. The paperwork was sent down but was not signed. So Joao is now back with RSL’. Does anyone know more about this? Dunny’s story seemed inconsistent and I’m not sure it’s the whole story.

15 to 32 repped this.
  2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Yes and Plata is handling it like a true professional he said.

Everything is peachy keen.

RSLer repped this.
  4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    getting paid a pretty lucrative salary to not play soccer has to be a nice gig

I can't wait until the town hall next year when we hear how hard these things are, how agents are the worst (even though it appears the agents had nothing to do with this falling apart), how Mexican teams are such a struggle to deal with, etc etc.

The last sentence in that article I sent makes a hint that possibly because Petke played Plata while the deal was being formed it impacted the deal. Because Petke has to be a fault in this somehow, right?

goobx1 repped this.
  5. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    My new favorite is "MLS rules prohibited X, Y, and Z".

Maybe there's a reason MLS keeps blocking your signings. Maybe your signings keep violating the MLS rules.

goobx1 and 15 to 32 repped this.
  6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nicky named to the All-Star roster as a Commissioner's Pick, along with Paxton Pomykal.

RSLer repped this.
  7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for Nick to get that recognition, I guess. Certainly isn't because of this years work

RSLer and goobx1 repped this.
  8. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See the post above your’s. Dunny’s delivery of the story seemed too nonchalant, and he did not make any comments. He just reported what the club said. As soon as he was done, I was all ‘WTF was that garbage?”

goobx1 repped this.
  9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry, totally skipped over your post.
    I don't get this club right now. Is it just me or is this whole team just kind of boring

Further, I deleted all forms of social media in my life - something I would highly recommend to people who feel they are losing time to stupid mindless actives (as he types on bigsoccer). What is being said in those areas? Especially twitter

RSLer repped this.
  10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can’t help you. I don’t tweet, I don’t instagram and I don’t follow RSL on facebook I’ve never missed them either tbh.

Ismitje and 15 to 32 repped this.
  11. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Based on the total salary outlay, the infrastructure outlay for the development side of the club, and the outlay for improvements at the stadium, Fearless Leader has got to feel that he is not getting the performance to match his investment.

I'm not sure how Waibel talked himself into his extension, but he needs to start utilizing those skills to upgrade the talent and improve the result post haste.

DrownedElf, RSLer, goobx1 and 2 others repped this.
  12. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The easiest way to unplug is not install Facebook on your phone. I check Facebook once a day (if that). I don't have Twitter or Snapchat or any other types of social media except Instagram (because that's where all the cool cat photos are). I also don't follow idiots who flood my feeds with spam about every minute of their vapid lives. Back in the day, we wasted our times in front of the TV, nowadays, people waste their time on social media.

RSLer and 15 to 32 repped this.
  13. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say I'm pretty lean on social media. I follow some stuff I like on twitter, but that's easy enough to look at a couple times a day and be caught up. Facebook I might check once a week, if that. Snapchat and Instagram are mostly friends and not a lot of posts, so I don't mind them.

14. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #389 RSLer, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    This is off-topic, but I don’t know where else to put it:

If Pulisic is not on the field the USMNT cannot score. It’s that simple.

And Jozy Altidore never got any better after coming back from The Netherlands.

15. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic is by far our best player, but Arriola and Boyd have been really good on the wings...McKennie can play. The speed of those guys works better with Bradley (he thrived with DMB and LD)...the defense is solid...there's a lot to like in this newer iteration. But I agree Pulisic is the creator.

RSLer repped this.
  16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there is a lot to like - if only we had a coach that seemed to have an actual idea

acima and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  17. Paleworm

Paleworm Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are now outside the playoffs.

18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    deservedly so
    our GD is especially embarrassing this year. Only one team in the west (cRapids) has a worst GD and only 3 in the East, who are all pretty awful this year. This team isn't fun to watch, doesn't score enough, gets scored on too much, and just generally is boring.

evilradar and goobx1 repped this.
  19. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Probably to stay.

20. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't look now, but the Rapids have been playing at a better clip than most any other team since our game. They are definitely closing the gap in the standings.

15 to 32 and RSLer repped this.
  21. evilradar

evilradar Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Apr 4, 2019
    My season tickets are starting to feel like a chore.

goobx1 repped this.
  22. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    We're in 8th and I don't see a realistic way that we stay ahead of Portland - they have 4 road games and 15 home games the rest of the season.

We have a home heavy schedule too, so basically we have to catch 2 of San Jose, Dallas, and Minnesota. Minnesota may be possible, but San Jose is absolutely on fire right now and we're 6 points behind Dallas...

I have a really tough time seeing us in the playoffs. And if we miss the playoffs I have a tough time seeing Petke as our head coach next year.

23. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    upload_2019-6-27_16-3-2.png

I really have a hard time seeing RSL stay in front of SKC and Portland with a resurgent San Jose and a steady MUFC making the playoffs is a tall order for this team.

With the constant lineup "adjustments" and players almost getting traded for weeks on end this team will not be exactly that, a team.

I think their only hope is actually Obi Wan Kenobi because this team needs help on every level, even the mystical.

Hopefully they have something up their sleeve for the summer transfer window but if everything turns out par for the Waibel course the only thing we have to look forward to is excuses.

EMBRATSU

15 to 32 repped this.
  24. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    I vote we try to trade veteran players for younger prospects. Someone like Onuoha could be valuable to a team that's contending but could use CB depth.

We completely botched our rebuild and are no closer to contending now than we were in 2016. Let's sell who we can and load up with prospects.

25. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States