RSL 2019 Game 20: Philadelphia at Salt Lake, Sat. 14 July 8 pm MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Jul 12, 2019.

1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he needs to see more minutes if we cannot move him.

trackrunner repped this.
  2. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. It seemed pretty clear cut to me on review.

Either way, we'd be up 3-1 at this point even if it stood. And all 3 goals have been pretty.

3. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    July is history Plata prime time to score and get stats

4. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just quoting this for emphasis. He's a hell of a talent.

DrownedElf, georg and RSLer repped this.
  5. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    How unfortunate. Such a tie. But call on the field should stand. Great play by Everton all around. He deserves an assist for that hustle.

3 VARs go our way!!!

Well. Alright!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::laugh::inlove:

Instant karma is gonna be a bitch later this season...:cautious:

15 to 32 repped this.
  6. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Dunny is correct. There is no angle that clearly shows the ball to be out. Nevertheless, Petrescu made the correct determination. Refs should be able to make “judgement” decisions.

7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think this is a clear and obvious one. Too close. No goal.

Just kidding. Goal. :)

rslfanboy and RSLer repped this.
  8. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bedoya Bedoya Bedoya, that's all folks!

[​IMG]

9. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For perspective, we now have 29 points. More than half have come at home against the East.

rslfanboy repped this.
  10. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I think he should have left it. the judgment call already occurred by it not being called during the run of play. It should have stood and resulted in a Philly goal.

We soooooooooooooooooooo lucked out in this one. Could have been down to 10men in the 25'. Could have been 2-1. Could have stayed 3-0. Damn lucky here, but I think 3 points is fair-ish (if you look passed the possible red early in the game).

goobx1 repped this.
  11. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Kreilach and Wooten enjoying a light hearted conversation after the game. I guess they know one another from Bundesliga 2.

12. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
  13. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disagree completely just look at the location of the player’s foot when he plays the ball.

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair-ish? I know I didn't see half one, but we allowed *zero* shots on goal.

Three shutouts and only two goals conceded in our last five is remarkable.

15. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Agreed. But we had just barely scored goal 1 right before Kreilach's possible red. If we are down a man from minute 25, I'm guessing that 0 SOG stat would not have held.

16. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    If that’s called a yellow on this board against an RSL player I think we’d be pretty pissed.

Damir oh so lucky to stay on the field and I don’t think there was a clear enough picture on the goal to overturn that one for Philly.

Overall a better game for RSL than Petrescu if you ask me.

The east is pretty weak.

I’ll take the points.

RSLer repped this.
  17. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I'm a bit biased against VAR interference after the WWC. I really feel that ref mistakes are a part of the game, and VAR should only be there to reverse obvious mistakes due to the inability of the refs to have a good view of what happened.

If the ref has a great view and blows the call.... well.... that's my experience with soccer. You roll with it.

18. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ifs and buts.

RSL played decently and took advantage of atrocious play by Union. Well done, RSL!

RSLer repped this.
  19. wrennywren

wrennywren Member

Jul 15, 2004
    San Antonio TX
    Best part of the victory? Finally no longer in the negative for goal differential.

20. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ll call that and raise it a “The best part was the arrival of a motivated Savarino”.

trackrunner and pate repped this.
  21. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching with Philly announcers and they both were completely in agreement with the VAR overturning of the Philly goal. They were both certain the ball had gone out before the slow-mo showed it.

22. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think VAR got it right. I thought Damir's foul was red worthy but watching it again after the game was over I think sticking with Yellow was right. The difference for me was the lack of follow through. Damir gets him with the studs but immediately tries to pull out of the challenge. Philly's goal was clearly over the line for me. If you freeze frame the point of contact with the ball and note the location of the line, each foot of the attacker and the ball it's obvious the ball if over the line by at least a foot.

So many bright spots this game. Damir with the goal and the fantastic volley that Blake saved. Rusnak was solid. Everton was mind blowing. Sava was lights out with fantastic finishing. Herrera with another 50+ yard assist.Glad with some good looks on the corners. Even Silva didn't make me cringe today.

Just ok was Beckerman and Lennon. Also Bofo. Although he was dangerous at times his antics were annoying, should have been shown Yellow for embellishment.

Least valuable player for me was Baird, when he replaced Bofo I don't think his name was called more than once for the rest of the game.

RSLer and DrownedElf repped this.
  23. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That volley was easily out.

The team played really quickly from the start (fast restarts, quick touches) and seemed to relish the cooler temperatures. They were more accurate than usual (I say now - I'll have to check the box score) and clearly wore Philly down. FWIW I thought I saw numerous yellow (and red) cards go un-awarded for both teams...but FIFA/Soccer/MLS/WTF?

Crazy good shooting from RSL. Another crazy good assist from Herrera, and more production showing from our high earning players...

RSLer, DrownedElf and Ismitje repped this.
  24. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is literally the point of VAR. In real time? Definitely hard for the ref to judge one way or another. I honestly don't know how anyone with a replay doesn't see that ball being in bounds. It's literally at least 80% out of bounds when it bounces. ANYTHING after that bounce is 100% out of bounds. You don't need 17 angles to see it. It's plain as day.

trackrunner and BalanceUT repped this.
  25. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just from the replay on the MLS site. You can clearly see it's on/slightly over the line as it's bouncing. Unless you believe it somehow bounces backwards (it doesn't) it's easily 100% out of bounds by the time it's played.

And this isn't even the angle they showed on our local broadcast which made it far more easier to see.

Attached Files: