RSL 2018 Game 26 Thread: RSL @ LAFC 8/15/18 8:00 pm MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by andyslc, Aug 15, 2018.

1. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jordan Harvey was absolutely unmarked on that corner.

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andrew Putna = Man of the Match. Props to him for coming into a difficult game and playing calmly, and being in the right place to stop the shots that came his way.

RSLer and pate repped this.
  3. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Why was Rimando subbed?

4. pate

pate Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    Provo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the radio crew said a left leg strain.

5. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL is just what the doctor ordered for LAFC. We were never in this game.

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're bad on the road, but the tactics Petke rolled out in the first half pretty much ensured we were doomed tonight.

15 to 32, rslfanboy and RSLer repped this.
  7. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He took a shot to the nads. I’m not sure that leg strain is really the reason.

8. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are quite a few teams who can come out parking the bus and earn a point. We are not one of them. Especially tonight. Marcelo Silva is the key to our back line. My main complaint against him is that he misses too many games.

Ismitje repped this.
  9. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    We will finish 9th-10th in the West. Petke is not the answer. Neither is Waibel.

jessyca, 15 to 32 and goobx1 repped this.
  10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the POV that we had no chance in this game so let’s experiment, I’m ok it. However, the experiment totally failed against a side that has been struggling lately. Let’s see what they do in the next game.

Todorojo repped this.
  11. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tv showed him icing a leg

12. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    His leg? Because if he came out to help the “trainer” I’ll be pissed.

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we experimented? Rusnak, Baird, and Beckerman were still all on the pitch. Same with Glad. Petke's "experiment" was to slightly change where he drew x's on the board.

14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. We suck
    2. Petke has taken a team that was fighting with anybody last year at this time and has neutered every ounce of fight out of them.
    3. To that point, do any of the players give a ******** we're losing? They all look to be going through the motions
    4. I saw a joking tweet last night that was a bit too honest. In summary: If Jeff Cassar gave better interviews, he would have been kept on longer. Take that for what it's worth
    5. ******** Craig Waibel
    6. Aaron Herrera at LB is really painful to watch. We have a guy with a left foot who has proven to be good at LB, why the hell are we making Herrera play there instead?
    7. Besler was really bad. So was Glad. So was pretty much every player in a red shirt
    8. Good thing we roated the really old players in this game and let the younger guys go... wait...
    9. The scoreline was REALLY generous to us
    10. This is not a playoff team. In no way shape or form. I don't give a shit how good we look (at times) at home. To be THIS bad on the road is a sign of a really mentally weak team.
    11. The last 5 points would just be me saying shit on specific players. I really miss being able to type "Nicky is God"

andyslc, SpiffCoug, RSLer and 1 other person repped this.
  15. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot about this game until my phone notified me. I'm not even sad I didn't turn the game on. I just feel like anytime KB is in the lineup, odds are we're going to look like crap. Even when he's out we aren't looking miles better.

Todorojo, 15 to 32 and goobx1 repped this.
  16. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'll give you 2 out of 3. I think Petke is stuck with a squad that is missing $3 million worth of talent. (Pool Boy and Yura). No quality forward, no team speed, too much youth, too little soccer quality other than Rusnak (whose form is off.) With the lack of talent, perhaps we should be lauding the job Petke has done?? (I don't really believe this, but wanted to get 15 to blow his top about Petke's tactics.)

Waibel should already be on Linked In and Indeed looking for his next job. Small market teams cannot afford to swing and miss on DPs. Just hearing that MLS rejected RSL's attempts to sign folks because of salary cap issues shows how poorly Waibel has managed things. The only reason the team has been even remotely competitive is due to the academy products at fairly low wages.

JZK316 and SpiffCoug repped this.
  17. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    feels bad man.

18. SpiffCoug

SpiffCoug Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Orem, Ut
    Yep. If you're a struggling MLS club in poor form, a visit from RSL to your stadium is just what you need to get back on track.