RSL 2018 Game 16 Thread: SJ Earthquakes @ Real Salt Lake, Sat. 23 June 8:00 MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by andyslc, Jun 21, 2018.

1. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fair point - those movements look to probably all have been schedule congestion related. Though, you would have hoped he watched during the game and was like "man, the other team isn't killing us down the middle today..."

2. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s what I mean. He didn’t learn anything because he already knew. Try looking at this from the RSL FO Executive POV. We already are wasting $3.1MM of salary in 2 players who aren’t playing. If you sit KB, that raises the total to $3.7MM, which rounds up to $4MM. All of which shines an ever brighter light on FO player management incompetence. Plus, KB is popular with the fans and, to an extent, is the face of the club. I’m pretty sure someone above Petke has told him KB will start under normal circumstances. It might even be guy at the very top of the org chart. If not, it has his blessing.

3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KB doesn't fall in the same category as Yura and Pool Boy, though. KB wants to play. KB provides energy. The problem is the systematic approach of the team asks far too much of his aging legs. When KB came off the bench a few games ago you could see him able to keep with the game and be a difference. That should be the norm. He should rotate.

I'm not calling for KB to be shipped off to some ********ing small Euro league and to forget about him. I really like the guy and what he does for the club. However, the mental block of the staff and front office is that he HAS to be on the field all the time. It's ridiculous. KB should have had his lower number of starts this year but it won't happen unless he picks up a horrible injury.

Ivensor and RSLer repped this.
  4. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not calling for him to be shipped off either. He should start maybe 3 of every 4 games and be a frequent sub in the others. But that’s just my opinion. I don’t even mind him keeping close to the same salary in that role.

BalanceUT and 15 to 32 repped this.
  5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all of the faults I saw in Petke at NYRB, he benched Thierry Henry; there's no way he's kowtowing to the FO to start KB.

15 to 32 repped this.
  6. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he might have learned a career lesson there. I’ve seen it’s like several times in my life. A person in a job takes a brave and laudable stance. Stick to their convictions. In the end they pay for it. In the next job a similar situation arises and the stance they take isn’t quite as strong.

Todorojo, stucknutah, BalanceUT and 2 others repped this.
  7. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just about to post the same thought

RSLer repped this.
  8. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s sad, but it’s the real world. I’ve been there. “The big guy wants so and so to start. Don’t say another word. I guarantee he will start. But y’all understand that this weakens the team. If we lose because of it don’t blame me. Also, you can count on me to be discrete to stay silent about it.

You have a family to feed and, after all, they are your bosses.

BalanceUT repped this.
  9. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DLH says start KB, fine, but don't start Kreilach next to him. Make an adjustment to the system that KB can play in. No matter how you cut it this is on Petke.

15 to 32 repped this.
  10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before, he was tactically naive but strong in making his own decisions. Since playing Kyle and Kreilach together is tactically naive, I don't see a disconnect between then and now.

acima repped this.
  11. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, if that happens he won't be available for bench play nor will he come back as effective as he has been. The single best thing to do with him is start him on the bench and move him into the game to replace Sunny after Sunny has picked up his inevitable card and get fresh legs in. Beckerman's aged legs coming in at about minute 65 are equal or better than young legs at that point and he will be able to consistently boost the team then. Right now, he's not making as much difference as he could if he came into games later.

Up the line folks need to realize that even though fans love Beckerman, they love winning more and will always cheer for him coming on at the 60th minute.

RSLer and trackrunner repped this.
  12. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this is stalker status level but Petke lives close to me. Should I place a banner on the overpass saying " petke use KB as super sub"

BalanceUT and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  13. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes... if overpasses can be used to welcome home missionaries, they can also be used to bring a reality check to a professional coach.

Todorojo, DrownedElf, Ivensor and 2 others repped this.
  14. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    We should start a go fund me for the necessary amount of red solo cups for the overpass sign.

Todorojo, Lizzie Bee, BalanceUT and 2 others repped this.
  15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a hookup on straws

Ismitje, Todorojo, RSLer and 3 others repped this.
  16. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we could just weave in all of the extra straws that 15 has.

BalanceUT repped this.
  17. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll contribute to this fund, mostly just because y'all are hilarious.

Todorojo repped this.