RSL 2018 Game 14 Thread: Seattle at Salt Lake, Sat. 2 June 7:30 MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, May 31, 2018.

1. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The wins might be against bad teams, but they're wins, and something to build off of. The confidence has to come from somewhere, and it feels like things are starting to finally improve.

BalanceUT repped this.
  2. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tifo is good too. I want to grow up from my adult skeptical supporter and become a fan like that kid. I hope there is more good times ahead to cheer like that kid.

15 to 32 repped this.
  3. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle is not a bad team. They went to 2 consecutive MLS Cups and won one . . . Ok they are a bad team this season. But a win against a bad team means we are slightly better than a bad team and safe in the table from relegation

4. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL is currently in 3rd place in the west. Granted we have played 14 and most are at 13 matches played. But no team below the playoff line has more points per game than us. We also dont have the worst goal differential in the west. That belongs to Colorado

RSLer and BalanceUT repped this.
  5. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was shocked at how good we were to start the 2nd half. Even during the fun parts of last year we didn't see the team that fired up after the break

RSLer and BalanceUT repped this.
  6. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5th in the west by PPG.

Winning is fun, but Open Cup is Wednesday and we all know that a children's rec team could beat us in Open Cup so ... meh.

BalanceUT repped this.
  7. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32 RoyalNonesuch, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Being up in the standings sure as hell beats having to boat race for the last playoff spot.

Stephen Sunday, Dani Acosta and Bofo and Silva returning as a starter have made a difference, the end.

More speed, more aggression, more compactness.

Kyle also played one of his best games in recent memory IMO.

The new/re-new faces mentioned above are the kinds of players (fast, move off the ball) that make KB5 better - it's all gelling right now, against mediocre opponents.

9 points in a week, 6-1-0 at home - nothing to sniff at...even if we're squeaking wins out - we're holding up late and scoring often. Instead of blowing leads we're recreating them.

upper_v, goobx1 and PumaJohnny repped this.
  8. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO, it was the best of KB and the worst of KB. He also had some HUGE giveaways in dangerous areas that gave Seattle some of their best chances. I think KB's field awareness has dropped a level.

9. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean this kid?

acima, rslfanboy, eckeric and 7 others repped this.
  10. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, bad giveaways are this team's hobgoblin right now, and it's all over the field. Hopefully that abates once we have a more consistent lineup...Dani and Sunny had at least one each too.

goobx1 repped this.
  11. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Each of the 3 wins have featured very different starting lineups. I don’t know what to make of that tbh. Normally I would say it’s a bad thing to have 3 greatly different lineups in a row at this point in the season...except the results do not allow me to say that.

12. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want the team to continue to rotate and rotate and rotate the lineup. That way, by the end of the season, entering the playoffs (which I assume we will enter) the team will be less fatigued and handle any midweek games that are part of the playoffs better. They will also have learned the tendencies of all their combinations through that consistent rotation. Seriously, if the team is playing a philosophy, it shouldn't matter who's out there. While not literally plug and play, when a new player comes in he should adjust to fit what he knows the plan is.

13. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Except the back line has been consistent throughout these three games - and less prone to stupid through-ball errors that have plagued the team this year.

RSLer and Ismitje repped this.
  14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. The backline being consistent has helped a great deal.

15. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    The weakest link in the back has been Rimando. He has put the back line under pressure with terrible distribution recently. He needs to clean that up.

BalanceUT repped this.
  17. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's an unsung great touch in this game. If you watch the highlights of the game (the ~four minute version), then watch the ball girl on Harry Shipp's shot in the second half. She is sort of between a couple of the sign boards, and she one-touches the ball so that it pops straight up into her arms. It's very impressive.

GoRSL, BalanceUT, pate and 2 others repped this.
  18. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Yup. Nice to touch for the young lady. If it wasn’t for the bery, very happy kid that could have been the shot of the night.

19. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Oh, so there was a game on Saturday...