RSL 2017 In-Season News Thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Or does league wide parity make the tipping point of success and failure that close to one another?

Allez RSL repped this.
  2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for those that haven't read it. The claim in that article is that Waibel is better than Lagerway

3. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, since the MLS propaganda website says he is, then I'll believe it. Now, where's my Koolaid?

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  4. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PumaJohnny repped this.
  5. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    It appears that the presence of RSL helps a bit. As all MLS cities are still in the running. RES is potentially getting a minor expansion some day. So maybe getting the capacity up above 50k could help them land a game or 2.

Allez RSL repped this.
  6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sort of. It claims he's had a better 2017, and I cautiously agree (not having looked more closely at everyone Seattle has acquired).

Allez RSL repped this.
  7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know of a soccer shop that has a good selection of cleats and which is open on Sunday in the wider SLC area? I will be in town for a few hours and my attempts at getting a new pair through the mail that fits well are not working out.

8. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The three shops I go to (Team Gear, Scoreboard Sports, Soccer International) are all closed on Sundays. Your best bet might be Dick’s. If you like Nike cleats, the Nike Outlet Store at Jordan Landing usually has some good deals (I got a $200 pair of T-90’s there for $50 a few years ago).

Ismitje repped this.
  9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My problem using the mail is my foot is wide, and many cleats are narrow by design. But I had some reliable manufacturers until recently.

10. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what they say about a man with wide feet...

11. Paleworm

Paleworm Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sigh* What do they say about a man with wide feet?

Allez RSL repped this.
  12. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was an oblique reference to genitalia, because there is a moderate correlation between the two. The (poor) joke is to say something else in response; i.e. "...big feet? Large shoes."

In this case, I'd probably mention poor-fitting shoes, since that was the topic already.

I've heard explaining the joke is a bad idea. But sometimes I can't help myself.

rslfanboy, BalanceUT and Paleworm repped this.
  13. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Franchise repped this.
  14. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve got the same problem, only my feet are also flat. Most cleats are narrow with high arches. The cleats that fit me the best we’re the Nike T-90’s. I bought them from the first time they came out in 2001 until they stopped making them a few years ago. The Nike CTR 360’s fit really well, but I think those were discontinued as well. Now I wear Nike Tiempos. Adidas and Puma don’t fit or feel right, and the only other cleat I’ve liked the feel of is Diadora Scudettos, but those are hard to find. Good luck!

15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have wide feet as well. I can only fit in k-leather shoes. I love diadora but getting them around here (or online anymore, for that matter) is difficult. Go to Nike. They should have some tiempos.

If that doesn't work for you go to Ross. I'm not joking. I have a dad on one of the teams I coach who stops by Ross' on his way home from work quite frequently just to buy the cleats they have and resale them. He got me a pair of k-leather tiempos for $25.

SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm confused on your playoff remark. Is that to give Rusnak more opportunity to make a case for himself? If I remember right, we signed Albert to a 3 year deal. I think we keep him next season unless a bonkers offer comes in during the summer. Then look to move him in December of 2018.

I'd love the kid to be here forever, but this kind of attention already means his career here will likely be short but profitable.

pcny repped this.
  17. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    If anyone needs Air Jordans, or wants to see my collection, let me know.

(okay, I know that nobody is going to take me up on that. Just trying to boast.)

18. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I'm saying that we need to make the playoffs because if he does well in WC qualifying maybe he gets that bonkers deal that can't be turned down in January.

I would love to see him here forever as well but would be happy if he made it through all of next season at the very least. With what RSL has gone through this year his numbers are even more impressive.

I would just hate to see him go before this team has a full off season and pre-season because next year looks like a good year for RSL. At least from this point in the season.

That's all.

pcny repped this.
  19. jessyca

jessyca Member

Jun 8, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At home sick with the flu so I'm re-watching some of my favorite old RSL highlights. Anybody else remember this one?

SoccerPrime, Ismitje and Boz repped this.
  20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we used to have some really crazy games with FCD.
    sorry about the flu, that SUUUUUCKS

21. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    They are good swimmers?

The Franchise repped this.
  22. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Is it something salacious and ribald about requiring caution when ordering shoes online?

23. UofRSL

UofRSL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember this Yura
    He would shoot from anywhere and miss most of the time, but at least he was putting himself in dangerous positions.

24. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    With your frequent change of avatars, I am tempted to feign interest just to see what you actually look like in person.

But in all honesty, I am an incredible cheapskate and am currently sporting $19 tennis shoes bought at CostCo.

Boz repped this.