RSL 2017 Game 9: Salt Lake at Kansas City, Sat. 29 Apr. 6:30 MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Apr 26, 2017.

1. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    thanks wingert

2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another defensive nightmare from Wingert, tell me again we are ok with him in the field

RSLer repped this.
  3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was that? Looked like Wingert ran past where the ball was dropping, and inadvertently trapped it right into the run of Dwyer going toward goal. Awful stuff from him. What was Demar so mad about that he earned a yellow for arguing on that?

4. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is Silva the new Sandoval yet?

5. Callgolf

Callgolf Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    #WAIBELOUT - he created this mess, Wingert and Schuler should never be playing as starting MLS CBs. So ridiculous.

stucknutah, RSLer, 15 to 32 and 7 others repped this.
  6. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Just tuned in to see Zusi not get a red card. WTF was that!?

rslfanboy and Todorojo repped this.
  7. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Only good thing today is that Sunny hasn't been crap at least.

8. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    Why Waibel is not on the hot seat is a huge mystery, and if this alleged signing doesn't happen or is not a quality CB he should be given walking papers. This need has been glaringly obvious for over 2 seasons and he has failed to address it. Worst performance from an RSL GM since Pastorino decided to trade away 2 intl spots.

There are also other needs, and this will be a challenging hole for him/RSL to dig out of. It's early yet, but plenty of signs that this team will struggle to make playoffs.

RSLer repped this.
  9. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Just replace everyone but Rusnak and Lennon.

10. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Said it before all Duny needs is a skirt and a tank top? He is totally full of shit!

11. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would really love it if Dunny could just shut up about his twitter fights for one game.

RSLer and 15 to 32 repped this.
  12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will fight you on Twitter about that!

13. pcny

pcny Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    If we would just stop playing professional soccer teams, we might look ok.

15 to 32 and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  14. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Dunny keeps mentioning injuries, but that really doesn't explain our shit offense.

RSLer, 15 to 32, TheBiff and 1 other person repped this.
  15. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ironically I wonder how the Monarchs would do in RSL's stead......part of me now wants to say "lol, jkjk"....but only half-joking. Now would be a good time for DLH to be pimping the hell out of the Monarchs, who appear to be playing quite well and much better soccer overall. RSL is a ********ing dumpster fire.

DrownedElf and pcny repped this.
  16. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone want to place a friendly bet we see Vela back with the first team before the season is over?

17. pcny

pcny Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I am telling you, every Wednesday night the Monarchs should play RSL and the winner plays the MLS game that weekend. I would go to those Wednesday games!

15 to 32 repped this.
  18. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Promotion/Relegation...at a player level.

pcny repped this.
  19. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a 5-1 team, I highly doubt they'd be much worse.
    Man, as much as I've said he'd never see the first team, I have to give him credit on a good season so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see if he got called up for a bit to see if he can handle the MLS level.

How is Plata still getting starts? The guy has been terrible for the better part of this season. I'd much rather see Saucedo get some time. It can't be any worse. And Silva? Dunny must be drinking the Kool-Aid, because he claims he's had good performances in his cameos. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He's been terrible and should've never been brought back. Chalk him up as another player that this FO signed that they never should've. It really makes me question who Andy has been scouting, and/or why Weibel has been signing them. This team is average on a good day, and bad outside of it.

And honestly, Dwyer can F*** off. While it's probably not enough to call a foul on his goal, he clearly had full intention to play Wingert instead of the ball. Then, you've got to love the fact that he full on dives, despite SKC being up 2 and having full control of the game. Seriously, F*** off.

20. wrennywren

wrennywren Member

Jul 15, 2004
    San Antonio TX
    I am not a fan of being a fan of a sucky team.

21. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Just caught the first half of the game from yesterday. I guess they had a few minutes of looking dangerous and shooting the ball 10 feet over the goal, thanks Plata. This team just really sucks.

I will be really curious to see if this team actually comes together once everyone is back from injury if they ever get back from injury. My gut tells me that this season is nearly over already.

Trade Plata, play the young guys.

22. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Also, the first goal I put on Mulholland. Let's just watch the play develop and stand around. Luis Gil plays for Orlando now, let's keep it that way.

RSLer, 15 to 32 and The Franchise repped this.
  23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for Albert Rusnak. To come into this team and have the shit go on around you like it has... man, I'd be livid. It's so unprofessional.
    2. Tim Melia is not as good as FuKC fans like to make him out to be. Good shot stopper, god awful distribution. There were people saying he should get looked at for national team caps. I didn't see it.
    3. Chris Wingert is the epitome of the CB search at this point. He is Craig Waibel's performance as a GM in a physical playing form.
    4. Sunny wasn't awful. Sunny wasn't great. This is progress, I guess.
    5. Luke Mulholland as a starter on this team also sums up Waibel's inability to address certain parts of the pitch. While we sign multiple wingers we don't bother to find depth for our box to box players.
    6. Luis Silva is the biggest waste of cap space on this team. I didn't think the forward position could have been played worse in this game than Yura was playing it. Silva was like "hold my beer".
    7. FuKC's first goal was a great result of high pressing and pushing numbers. Something RSL could learn from. Something else RSL could learn from it? Our two man midfield gets abused by teams that can pass the ball. Espinoza just flat out bossed our two middies, Benny made a good delayed run and hit a pretty shot. Good goal for them. Bad defending from us.
    8. FuKC's second goal was an event that I see becoming more and more rampant in soccer and I hate it. It used to be more unique to this league, but I've seen it internationally more and more lately. A forward that doesn't care to play the ball plays the man on long balls. The center defender is then forced to not only position himself to win the header, but also to not get pushed out of the way by a streaking forward.
    9. This isn't to take away from the shitty defending Wingert performed on the play. Even if Dwyer doesn't make the run he does, Wingert is at best trapping that ball out of bounds. Just dumb positioning. And then his recovery? Pathetic. It reminded me of his touch in the Atlanta game that lead to their second goal. He screws up and then can't even make a foul to stop the play because he is so ********ing slow.
    10. I was really excited about Jose Hernandez from preseason. In his appearances this season, though, he's been a complete nonfactor. Part of it is that he gets very few minutes. However, he needs to make an impact. I want him to get more time, but its hard to justify
    11. Lennon is a hell of a player, we need to find a way to build around him this season if we want to salvage anything. He really struggles defensively, though. He puts in the work, don't get me wrong, he just isn't a good tackler of the ball.
    12. That tackle by Zusi should have been red
    13. That tackle by Schuler should have been red
    14. Petke ball, thus far, isn't very fun to watch. I want to give him time to get the right guys to do it, but as of now it's brutal on the eyes.
    15. This was the first game in a stretch of five that will really be hard for RSL to get much of any points in. Buckle up for a rough May, folks.

24. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #74 RSLer, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    I'm old enough to have watched Der Kaiser play several times. "but had perfect timing and reading the game well was able distribute the ball with telling passes" is a key difference between European sweepers of old, including Beckenbauer, and all defenders on the RSL roster, including Beckerman. Our defenders are pretty terrible at completing telling passes. The other difference is dribbling skill. Der Kaiser could actually dribble the ball downfield and initiate attacks.The closest thing we have to a dribbling defender is Phillips and he seems to be out of control half the time he dribbles.

gretnapie repped this.
  25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've reached the point of the season where, inevitably, people get upset. Whats funny to watch here (and by no means is it unique to RSL/Soccer) is how people react to things said or posted. As an example, some people take questioning the team and its management as "jumping ship". Dunny goes and posts something along the lines of "I hope you guys don't roll an ankle jumping off the bandwagon" on twitter. Because looking at this team and saying "This isn't good enough" is jumping. I can't stand it.

The team sucks. You can make all the excuses you want, but bottom line is we suck. We've got our asses kicked at home and on the road. Our lone "good" result of the year came in a ********ing snow storm against a gassed team playing roughly half of their regular players. Our other win was in a god awful performance. So we're 9 games into this season and we've logged one performance that I would even remotely consider "good".

Don't pull the bullshit on me of the Chicago game being "fluky". We generated few chances despite seeing a ton of the ball and then looked inept in finishing. The TFC game was lucky as hell, too, as Giovinco decided to let us off the hook on a pk. We've sucked this year. Don't sugar coat it. Things have to change. Not admitting that is furthering the problem.

PumaJohnny, El-ahrairah, TheBiff and 4 others repped this.