RSL 2017 Game 34: SKC at Salt Lake, Sun. 22 Oct. 2:00 MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by El-ahrairah, Oct 20, 2017.

1. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whelp, looks like FCD is going to sneak in on the backs if a gutless league who couldn't even enforce their own rules. If I were DLH I'd seriously consider filing a suit against the league for the lost money that would have resulted in rsl playing another game, whatever that might have been.

DrownedElf repped this.
  2. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SJ with a late goal to win it!

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing finish in San Jose. They haven't been in the playoffs since their magical 2012 season, so it has been a long time coming for those fans.

RoyalNonesuch and Beerking repped this.
  4. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well when you put it like that, it's kind of hard not to be happy for them.

All in all, this was a memorable season with tons of great moments. Thank you, Mike Freakin' Petke for making this a team that almost squeaked into the playoffs. Freakin' amazing. We didn't deserve it, so I'm not bitter about how things turned out. I hope Petke is free to make this team his own in the off season and become serious contenders in 2018.

5. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back when 8/12 teams made the playoffs.

bsman repped this.
  6. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Had to toss this in while I'm thinking about it. My kids watch this show and I've grown to love it. They're just over the top.

15 to 32, El-ahrairah and BalanceUT repped this.
  7. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teen Titans is fun!

8. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We beat KC and that's all that really matters.
    fukc

9. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And sent them to a midweek playoff game at Houston.

RoyalNonesuch and 15 to 32 repped this.
  10. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Houston.

11. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Mid day game suck. I hate to sit through the shit display that was Utah/ASU so I wasn't exactly excited to come to this one. Even if the weather was, again, really nice
    2. So, we were supposed to start at 2 but the players were finishing up warmups at like 2... This is a dumb pet peeve, but I would love if the league would actually start at the time they say they're going to. It just feeds the late showers.
    3. Rusnak was off this game. His first touch of the ball was telling of the game he was about to have. He tried a 3 yard pass to Wingert and it went straight out of bounds. Still, in his off play, he managed to scuff a shot, turn it into a meg and assist to Silva.
    4. Brooks made about as good of an argument to stay in this single game as he could have. Lots of energy like always, but his vision and connecting play were much better than recent performances. If we can keep him without using a DP tag, I'd be for it.
    5. Wanna know a good way to open up cap for him? Sell Plata. Plata showed in this game that he's reached his ceiling. He's a good player, but not a game changer. If the ball is in the air, he's never winning it. And 1v1s are in the favor of even mediocre defenders now because, despite how quickly his feet move, he isn't fast.
    6. Please, god, don't let Vermes become the national team coach. I really don't like that man
    7. Whatever was said at halftime - don't do it ever again. We looked like ass for the first 15-20. Not sure how we didn't give up a goal in that sequence.
    8. Nicky made one hell of a case to sign him to another 1 or 2 year contract. Some ridiculous saves and, more importantly, his timing on coming out/cutting off angles was spot on.
    9. Imagine if we could bring Luke off the bench instead of having to start him. The guy is a good player, just not a 90 minute MLS contending player. He'd be 12th man of the year material, though. We have to upgrade that position this offseason.
    10. The second half was boring as ********
    11. ******** Benny. Waste of space
    12. The development of Danny Acosta this season might be one of the most underrated things. We can dump Phillips and Wingert comfortably, IMO, because of his progress.
    13. Yura sucks ass. Please tell me that was the last time I ever have to see him in an RSL shirt.
    14. The minute of silence for Kevin gave me goosebumps. Well done by all the fans/supporters groups.
    15. In his post game comments Petke was excited to have a full off/pre season with the team. I am too. Can't wait to see what he does and how he works with Waibel (please) to fix some flaws in the roster.

stucknutah, TheBiff, DrownedElf and 7 others repped this.
  12. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I've got to say, that I agree with all of this. I think it is time to move Plata and let Lennon and Bofo fight for that spot.

RoyalNonesuch and pate repped this.
  13. pate

pate Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    Provo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think these two points are bang on, and the most important of the batch.

The Franchise repped this.
  14. gretnapie

gretnapie Member

Jun 23, 2008
    nr gretna
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A man after my own heart, trash trample the opposition especially SKC and Rapids and to hell with the big picture

Ummmm if you beat every opponent you ..err... win things

15. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After neglecting our youth for two seasons we found a good balance this year of acquiring and developing young talent around a set of veterans. Reminds me of ramping up in 08-09 though this RSL isn’t yet that 2010 RSL peak team.

Allez RSL repped this.