RSL 2017 Game 22: Kansas City at Salt Lake, Sat. 22 July 8:00 MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Boz, Jul 21, 2017.

1. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yura was on the bench for this one. We had an obviously gassed attack that needed subs. Yura didn't come in. That's about as much as you need to know there

UPinSLC and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yuuuupppp, Yura was the towel boy (literally handed out cold towels during the water break, why the ******** are we having water breaks again?), IMO he's gone as soon as Waibel/DLH can swallow the terms of whatever crap deal they're going to have to make to get him off the team. If RSL can play well with Yura's high priced ass on the bench doing nothing then RSL can eat a chunk of his salary to get him off the team, open a spot, and shuffle things around a bit in preparation for the next offseason.

RSLer, goobx1 and 15 to 32 repped this.
  3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tend to get along with other fan bases on here. For many games I even venture into their game threads and offer some thoughts/lineups/comments from an RSL perspective. I've done this for years. I used to do it with SKC. The Wingert/Kamara collision changed all that.

I can't stand a lot of their posters and fanbase. I know there are great fans over there. I know the boards/people I've interacted with don't represent the whole. But not other fanbase, in my experience, has such a large/voiceful presence of dumbass fans. There was a handful of them in section 14 at the game that thought me throwing confetti was similar to bullying their child (who actually loved picking up the pieces of paper...) or some other heinous crime.

See the below from their game thread:

The bolded emphasis is mine
    Because ******** you - y'all won 2013 MLS Cup because your CB wasn't sent off like he should have been. That same asshole goes and scores the tying goal AND winning PK. You can go ******** right off. You want to talk short sighted? Your lot won the biggest game of the year via bad officiating. If that isn't "short sighted" I'm not sure what is.

Todorojo, acima, DrownedElf and 3 others repped this.
  4. andyslc

andyslc No Longer a New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Fargo
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We still have one more game with these Bozos, don't we?

5. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I managed to get exclusive footage of Petke getting those slides ready for the press conference, only to be foiled by the printer....

[​IMG]

jessyca, Ivensor, RSLer and 6 others repped this.
  6. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, last game of the season, Sunday, October 22nd. Would that be great if the stars align so that a RSL win would send us thru to the playoffs and dump SKC into non-playoff oblivion?

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unless SKC goes on a run of poor form, I'm doubting they are in that kind of scenario. I would love it, though.

My bet is the game is a jockeying for playoff position for them and a chance for us to ******** with 'em

El-ahrairah repped this.
  8. SpiffCoug

SpiffCoug Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Orem, Ut
    I believe this was like his 14th game as a center ref and just 5th this year. He's a very inexperienced official who clearly wasn't prepared to be in a match destined to be this heated.

PumaJohnny repped this.
  9. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like this is another failing of MLS and/or PRO. They keep assigning new refs to ref small market teams, which just isn't fair to those teams. Especially throwing them into a game that has a high chance to be a heated affair. I get that they need experience, but they should be getting games that are less likely to be as bad as this, and they should have to ref for all teams, and not just the small market ones.

PumaJohnny repped this.
  10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like their fan you quoted posted, they were without 3/4 of their back line.

11. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I complained to the league about it for years and they keep doing it. Honestly, I don't freak out over the officiating anymore. Its simply part of the MLS experience. I just think teams need to be smarter about taking advantage of the tendencies of the officials like SKC has done for years.

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and they still drew with us.
    They're a good team, we're not going to be battling them for a final playoff spot unless something goes wildly wrong for them and we play well above the norm

13. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or they trade their #1 goal scorer to Orlando.

RSLer, The Franchise and Allez RSL repped this.
  14. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they use all those GarberBux for someone productive, it could be fine. But they knew he wanted to be in Orlando, so it was about timing and maximizing what they would get in return.

15. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    About the game. Regardless of the outcome it's the first time in the last Couple seasons where I was fully engaged in the game.

For a long time I've watched at home and at the RioT with a large amount of trepidation and detachment believing that disaster was waiting just around the corner.

RSL was the better team for much of the game and I was actually expecting them to pull out the win and not give away the game for a change. The energy in the stadium was like nothing I've felt during the entire Cassar era. That may be an exaggeration but not by much.

I don't want to get too worked up but I'm kinda getting optimistic.

Knock on wood.

jessyca repped this.
  16. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #66 KopRules, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    More complaining. Thanks for yet another example. It's in your club's dna. Its a part of your culture. I wrote at length on this before the 2013 Cup in the skc forum.

No comment on confetti other than they probably should've chilled.

EDIT: fair enough, you bolded a portion of my post. But the full post stated clearly that if I were RSL I'd feel hard done by the officiating in this game.

*Also, don't forget, the ball moved just a tick on Palmer before he struck it. I chalk it all up to that tiny breath of God.

17. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    This guy.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lizzie Bee and KopRules repped this.
  18. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    F*ck off with you already.

KopRules repped this.
  19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I chalk it up to your pitch being frozen
    which is also why Javi's shot somehow didn't spin in after hitting the post

20. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'll buy that. Tantalizingly close. So close.

21. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. And atomic bombs.

BTW, How do you feel about trading away Dwyer to Orlando? Who is going to step up and fill his shoes?

22. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    re. your avatar:
    [​IMG]

Ivensor, KopRules and The Franchise repped this.
  23. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    To be consistent, if it were truly in our DNA, the complaining would be across the spectrum against all RSL opponents.

So let's be clear in stating that we hate Vermes, we hate his obvious strategy of poor gamesmanship aka the SKC diving team, we hate the constant whining of Benny and Dom, and we hate that it's all working so well for you.

jessyca, SpiffCoug and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  24. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But now we can focus all our vitriol on Benny since you traded away Dom.

KopRules and goobx1 repped this.
  25. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    15 quoted him in our forum. He should be allowed the opportunity to respond.

Too bad he wasted it on unsupported assertions and other dipshitery.