RSL 2017 Game 2: Salt Lake at Chicago, Sat. 11 Mar. 12:00 MST

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Mar 6, 2017.

1. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't mind if a new coach came in some time around May, said these guys work for my idea, these guys don't and we IMMEDIATELY made moves to get rid of the players that don't fit. If we try and drag our feet for the sake of satisfying some minimum benchmark this season, we'll fail the next season. Forget trying to make some random formation or tactic work if it's not exactly what the new coach wants to do. Even if it means casting off guys like Beckerman, Beltran, Yura, Plata, etc, fans will be pissed (much like they were back in 2007 when Kreis took over and immediately sent off Cunningham, Klein, etc), but I'd much rather bring in a guy who knows what he wants to do and thinks he can do it and will execute his plan the second he takes the position. I'm over this whole "we believe, family, blah blah blah" crap that's gone on with this team in the last 5 years, ******** that, I want to win and if we are going to continue on this path of sacrificing overall team success to placate the fanbase by keeping the band together it ain't gonna happen any time soon.

TheBiff, andyslc, pcny and 4 others repped this.