RSL 2015 Game 3: Toronto at Salt Lake, Sun 29 Mar 5 pm

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Mar 19, 2015.

1. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that honor still belongs to Luis Tejada. :D

SoccerPrime and 15 to 32 repped this.
  2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We won the game. Why all this discord?

3. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not? This is BigSoccer after all.

4. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    [​IMG]

Welcome to B.S. - bring along your hot dogs and marshmallows and make a fine evening enjoying the discussion...

BalanceUT and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  5. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Isn't that what Bigsoccer is for? Discussions about soccer?

On a different note does anybody know why we played Toronto at home two years in a row? I thought it was supposed to alternate.

6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waltzing into another team's forum and saying "man you guys sucked but sucked less than us" is pretty ridiculous
    especially when your team shows the resolve of a U12 team in maintaining a draw.

RSL is struggling with the 4-3-3? No way... It's like they've played a certain style for over 5 years and are transitioning or something.

Yes, your defense looked really useless on the game winning goal. Not going to argue with you there. They were going up against a top notch USL striker and two wingers with about as much chemistry as your back line.

I wonder where the goals will come from for TFC without Jozy. Dike and Jackson combined well, but it was a pretty bad defense sequence by RSL on your goal. Outside of that, you've got Giovinco, but he's not an out and out striker. He's great at building, but someone has to put the ball in the net at the end of the day.

If you've watched this game for any significant amount of time you know you get some breaks to go your way and you get some to go against you. I'm sure with some minimal research I could find where TFC potentially earned points off of a referee decision. I'm not excusing the bad officiating. It was bad, both ways, the ones in our favor happened to involve goals. However, with humans as officials, it's going to happen. Learn to deal with it. Your team fought back and got the point they probably deserved. They then showed zero ability to maintain it. That your bench celebrated scoring a goal to tie the game they did was reason enough for you to lose. Seriously, I've never seen a bench at the RioT explode for such an ultimately meaningless goal. I don't even think Monterrey freaked out like that and they won the ********ing CCL with their goal...

7. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something I've realized following sports. If you're saying "The bad calls/luck cost us X" then you're not really good enough to win X. You were close perhaps, but not enough to make it happen. Nobody makes all their layups and free throws, finishes all their sitters, never lets the striker get behind the D etc.

The Dempsey comparison to Jaime is interesting. I remember laughing at the "Has Clint Dempsey Scored Yet" website that said "NO" and featured a picture of Clint grimacing...that went on for weeks and became highly comical.

Lowering my expectations for this year has almost - I take that back - has - made this season more fun for me so far. It's a growing period. We'll see where we go. I can get attached to outcomes and suffer later if I want to, but for now, I'm ok with what happens.

TheBiff, BalanceUT, Allez RSL and 2 others repped this.
  8. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did you get this photo of Chivas USA's last season?

acima, BalanceUT, EvilTree and 2 others repped this.
  9. MOS5

MOS5 Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like they think it should have been a red card.

Where are the TFC revisionists on that one?

11. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much the exact same tackle that resulted in Javi getting his destroyed ankle. Glad nothing that horrible happened to Jaime, that's a ********ing bush league tackle right there.

13. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    Like what happens every year. Sorry RSL, it should have been a red card, but we'll suspend him.

14. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at the bright side! Rsl is no longer on the bottom of the west!

15. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all the arguments about the goal called back and whatnot, had that actually been called a red as it should've, then we would've been a man up from the 20th minute. Likely means us winning becomes quite a bit easier.

BalanceUT repped this.
  16. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    But, but...Sandoval [mumble, mumble] offsides...blind ref [mumble, mumble] phantom call...hard done by refs.

RSLEast repped this.
  17. Kratisto

Kratisto Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Objection! With 11 vs 10, RSL would have every advantage to win. When RSL has every reason to win, RSL loses. That no-card on the Jaime tackle saved us a certain loss.

TheBiff, BalanceUT, Allez RSL and 4 others repped this.
  18. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That, sir, is embratsu. Tip of the hat to you.

BalanceUT repped this.
  19. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said likely, but in my mind I was thinking we'd manage to lose by being up a man. Realistically TFC would've packed it in a bit more, and we all know how good RSL is at breaking down a bunker. Probably would've wound up 0-0 or us losing 0-1 when TFC either scored on a quick counter, or on a set piece.

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean the season where they did better than Montreal, Chicago and almost as good as San Jose. A lot of burning still needed apparently.

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if he would score and assist I am sure the haters will retreat. Usually works for Sabo detractors.

22. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to clarify! Gil needs to earn his spot. But Jaime needs to be given a few months. This post may be a combination of multiple threads, hard to keep track sometimes.

23. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long has Gil been with the team? How long has Jaime been with us? Mulholland has clearly looked better than Gil so far, and including last year. As far as Olmes, Jaime, and Allen go, I wouldn't say any one of them are playing out and out better than the others.

24. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allen has a goal in one start, and Olmes has been active and involved in the run of play. Jaime as much as I hope he becomes a major contributor with this team Has so far been a bust! In my mind, Jaime gets moved to the bench or to the Monarchs, if he begins to produce with the Monarchs or as a sub with RSL bring him back into the starting eleven. Until then he is taking minutes from players who should be given a equal opportunity as Jaime has gotten.