RSL 2014: Chivas USA at Salt Lake, Weds. 22 Oct. 7:30 MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I personally would like to see how Plata would do long term in the AM role after Morales. He's very creative, and his speed could cause opponents problems with his late runs on counter attacks. If we had a speedy striker with some decent skills to chase down long balls and set him up, it could be quite productive. Maybe Jaime is that guy, I don't know.

I just think Plata is a great creator and likes to take defenders on. He can whip in good crosses and facing DMs would be physically easier for him than a typical central defender I think. Not that he's struggling up top. I just see that we have a lot of striker options, maybe he's our future AM playmaker.

2. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Also, why is it every year we go into doom and gloom mode before the playoffs. We matched last years season results, and last year we made the final. We aren't the only team with glaring weaknesses going into the playoffs. Seattle's defense is held together by 1 guy (Chad Marshall) otherwise it's pretty bad. And they are looking at the supporters shield still.

That last Chivas game I saw a team that WOULD NOT allow themselves to fall to Chivas again. They created some great chances, some of the best I've seen in a month. The last touch just wasn't there. If Sabo gets his crap together with his finishing, and a couple of things go out way, that game is a blowout on the scoreboard as much as the stat sheet

Obviously LAG and Sea aren't Chivas, but RSL shows up during big games... As long as it's not the final.

JLaw repped this.
  3. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    That's what I'm trying to say. If all of us were at a bar talking about this subject, I could make myself clearer with about 5 pints in me. I suck at message boards, I'll admit it.

4. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  5. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree completely. Also, while the Portland tie didn't help us in the standings as much as we all would have like, we saw some extremely committed, determined defending. I'm not saying we're for sure going to do well, but anything can (and usually does) happen in the MLS playoffs, and we look motivated.

6. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    The defending was good, but not great. Rimando is the reason we preserved the shutout in Portland.

7. ShaggyReAL

ShaggyReAL Awesome is my middle name

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and Gil.

8. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Maybe you just need 5 pints before you post?

15 to 32 repped this.
  9. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portland up in 61st minute... Dallas threatens, but so does Portland... no telling how it ends up.