RPI Update is updated for 2018

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by gauchodan, Aug 1, 2018.

1. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    My website rpiupdatemenssoccer.blogspot.com is up and running for 2018...scores, schedules, conference standings, Tournament Projection and the most accurate tracking of the RPI in NCAA men's soccer.

Note that 4 schools have yet to release schedules with 23 days remaining until the start of the season: UC Irvine, Florida Atlantic, Green Bay and Saint Peter's. I've built their schedules based on the other 202 teams and their releases.

Some changes: Cal Baptist joins the WAC as it begins its move to D1, Hartwick dropped to D3, USC Upstate went from the Atlantic Sun to the Big South, Liberty did the opposite, Belmont associates with the Southern now and not the Horizon and IPFW (Fort Wayne) split into two schools...they will now be known as Purdue Fort Wayne.

2. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Welcome back GauchoDan
    Always an honor and pleasure to access your RPI site.
    I wish you a great college soccer season.

fknbuflobo repped this.
  3. WolverineFutbol

Aug 1, 2012
    Thanks gauchodan! You are amazing.

I wish everyone a great and healthy season. Let the games begin!

fknbuflobo and OverseasView repped this.
  4. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    UC Irvine and Saint Peter's have posted their schedules. The website is updated. Still waiting on Green Bay and Florida Atlantic.

6. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    FAU posts its schedule. We are waiting on Green Bay.

7. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
  8. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Yes, caught that...all schedules are uploaded...there is one discrepancy: I don't know who the home team is for Gardner-Webb vs. Furman, so both are listed.

9. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Gardner-Webb blinked. The game is now listed as at Furman on both websites, and has been updated accordingly in my database. I believe all 206 schedules are correct.

The next bit of business is to figure out whether Cal Baptist counts this season. Past practice has been that, in the first year of re-classifying, that team is treated as a non-D1 for RPI purposes. I wasn't really thinking about it, but if I have to adjust for them it's going to be complicated.

Fitballer, espola and OverseasView repped this.
  10. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    I knew there was 4 years of no tournament. I didn't know (or didn't even think of it) about no RPI.

11. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Past practice is that in the first season of reclassification, the school is an RPI non counter. In seasons 2-4, they count.

12. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    That could make for some interesting RPI discussions if they do really well in, say, year 4.

13. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Grand Canyon and UMass Lowell recently exited the process. UMass Lowell was 13-1-2 (5-1-1), won the AE regular-season title and had an RPI of 4...in 2016, year 4 of its re-classification. They were ineligible for both the AE Conference Tournament and the NCAA Tournament.

14. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Fitballer and WolverineFutbol repped this.
  15. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
  16. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
  17. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
  18. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016