Royals 2014-2015 Season Preview

Discussion in 'Reading FC' started by Nyghtewynd, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, pretty quiet in here. I'll probably start writing stuff soon, once this WC hangover goes away. I really want to do better at keeping track of Reading, although it's pretty difficult to do from the States. If I find interesting stuff, I'll put it here, at least for now.

2. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. brewcity77

brewcity77 Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karacan was named new club captain.

Have to admit, this season is kind of terrifying to me. Alfie is gone, McAnuff is gone, Leigertwood is gone, and Drenthe never really panned out, likely gone too. There's definitely still some talent left, I feel decent about the keepers, the defense is okay, but the midfield is pretty pillaged and I'm not sure who'll get the goals up front. I guess Pog, but there's zero depth there and I'm not sure he'll be happy spending another season in the Championship.

Definitely need Bunditkitsada to get an injection of cash in there soon so Adkins can delve in to the transfer market before everyone is gone. I really want at least one striker added...as happy as I am with Andrija Novakovich joining Reading, at this rate, he might actually have to play this year.