Royal League 2. and 3. round

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by junkmastaflex, Dec 2, 2004.

1. junkmastaflex

junkmastaflex New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Norway
    Here are the latest results from the 2. and 3. round of the Royal League:

Esbjerg 1 - 2 Rosenborg

Valerenga 3 - 1 Djurgarden

Tromsø 0 - 0 FC Copenhagen

Brondby 0 - 1 IFK Gothenburg

OB Odense 2 - 2 Halmstad

Brann Bergen 4 - 1 Malmø FF

As we can see here, the Norwegian teams dominated.

2. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Which isn't a suprise, concidering it seems like we are the only one who is taking RL seriously...

3. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    savan: Each club fielded their best team. There's no excuses. The Norwegian sides were better. MUCH better.

4. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does this competition have a group stage or is it purely knockout?

5. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    There's first a group stage and then a knock-out stage.

Here's it's main site: http://www.royalleague.com/

Check out "stillinger" for results and standings.

6. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I admit that the Danish results look very poor in this round, but what games did you watch ? or match reports did you read since you claim that the Norwegian teams were MUCH better ??... Even Tromsø admit they were lucky to get away with a 0-0 draw at home against a FCK team that I quote was "FC København was better than us in long periods - both individual and as a team"

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=257088

Also both VG and also the Rosenborg players admitted on Danish TV that they were very lucky to win 2-1, since Esbjerg dominated most of the match... so the fact is that results dosnt always speak the whole truth about a game ...

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=257086

As for Brøndby then they surely did not field their stongest team against IFK, they rested 4 of the key-players, Morten Skoubo (Brøndby topscorer), midfielder Jonas Kamper (just voted 2nd best Danish league player of the half-season behind Zidan), 1st keeper Casper Ankergren and central defender Dan Anton Johansen, probably because they were thinking more of the match vs. FCK in only 2 days, it surely looked like it, since they played the poorest match this season.... Also FCK rested some of ther usual first 11 ... e.g. the young talented South African international Elrio van Heerden got to play, despite he normally play for the FCK 2nd team in the Danish "Conference league".... As for OB, then they had to play with only 10 men for almost 60 minutes vs. Halmstad...

7. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Lets just face it okay, the Royal league is definitely something the Norwegian sides takes more seriously (sad to say). But in all fairness they should be applauded for their strong performance so far, all in all when all the games in the group stages have been played, then we can all see what the end results will be no sooner no later.

And before people start jumping to conclusions, winning over one side one time does not automatically mean that you will beat them the next time.

And for the likes of Bruiser, how do you know that Malmo played with their strongest team (not taking away your clean victory against them of course)? If you look closely Malmo FF; probably the best defender "playing" in Scandinavian leagues; Patrik Andersson is injured, Malmo FF's best striker Afonso Alves is currently injured and of course the irrational Grahn (with many pros and cons of course) is still injured.

8. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Well.. Even though RBK played HORRIBLE last night.. They won.. And that's actually what counts at the end...
    RBK have had games like Esbjerg even in the Champions League.. Look at the match in Greece againt Panathinaikos.. RBK lost 2-1.. But defienetly had deserved to win the match, with both the best play and the biggest goal chances.. (Even the Arsenal players who watched the match thought RBK had deserved the whole 3 points, or at least 1 point..) But as Panathinaikos is a better team then RBK, they scored on their chances and won the match. Even though how undeserved, they did!

This is the same with the match yesterday, Esbjerg played best, but RBK (as original the best team) won.. And this is what often happens in football..

And for the record, Esbjerg did face a very weakened RBK team, since the injury list with some of their most importan players are quite long:
    Ørjan Berg (RBK's definetly most importan and best player at the midfield)
    Vidar Riseth (The most importan defender)
    Christar Basma
    Jan Gunnar Solli

(All of these players play for the norwegian national team...Except for Berg who don't want to, but would have been in the squad if he said 'yes')

But anyway, we won! THAT'S WHAT COUNTS!

9. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Bruiser do you understand what this mean below?

Sören Larsen, långtidsskadad
    Stefan Bergtoft, långtidsskadad
    Abgar Barsom, långtidsskadad
    Sölvi Ottesen, ljumskar
    Kári Árnason, fick en smäll på foten på träningen, förhoppningsvis tillbaks mot Esbjerg
    Matias Concha, knäskadad, borta året ut
    Tomas Backman, förkyld
    Yannick Bapupa, förkyld
    René Makondele, förkyld

These are the players missing for Djurgarden against Valerenga, but heck well each team of course played their best sides right!

10. Jombajomba

Jombajomba New Member

May 23, 2002
    Only Concha could possibly be classified as a regular.

11. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I of course meant that the clubs fielded their best/most fit players for the match. Each club has stated that they take RL seriously, and I think it was the danish side Esbjerg that stated that they even focus more on the RL than the danish SAS League.

All that whining Ceres, about Copenhagen deserving a win and Esbjerg deserving not to loose, is effortless. What matters in football is scoring. And yes, I have checked all of the match statistics. Rosenborg had an off game, and still won the match. They even played without three of their best players in Riseth, Basma and Berg.

I'll quote EuroSports: "The main goal in football, is scoring the goals". If they're not good enough to score the goals to win the match, they're not good enough..

SK Brann played yesterday without one of their best strikers, Robbie Winters, who started on the bench, and still played around with the swedish gold winner Malmö, who's coach has said they took the game very seriously.

There's no excuses not scoring the needed goals, Ceres, and you others. And you should've known that about now.

12. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Not really, You are considering things that might not be true, I would expect Soren and Kari and maybe even Agbar to fight for a first team place if they were fit enough.

13. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    #1 Norway: 20 points in 11 matches - teams out of season
    #2 Sweden: 14 points in 11 matches - teams out of season
    #3 Denmark 8 points in 8 matches - teams still in season

NOTE that -all the clubs- have been taking the matches seriously, and has played with the best players fit to play.

14. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Well, Tromsø has played like crap since they sold Gamst Pedersen and Kovacs, so now they're not any better than a bottom-dweller in the Tippeliga league once more, as they were last season.

15. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Agreed on that one!

16. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
  17. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    bruisers posts are the most ignorant biased piece of crap ever! All his posts IMPLY! that the norweigans are the Gods of football.

look beyond your own ignorance and ego before posting the next time.

I basicly became a member just to post this, his posts infuriated me and they are complete B.S

18. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Well.. Always nice to see a constructive and friendly message.
    I don't know if you need glasses or something, but Bruiser did for sure never state any of the things you are implaying...

And welcome to the board, you've made a he** of a good first impression! ;) :rolleyes:

19. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    And he has to be excused, he's from Bergen! :rolleyes: ;)

20. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,557560,00.html

"Såg en match i Royal League. Jo, det är sant; jag satt en glöggfri torsdag i december och tittade på Royal League i Femman. Berätta inte det för någon." (Sydsvenskan, krönikören Åke Stolt)

"6 265 är ingen dålig publiksiffra i en cup alla nog inser inte har något högre sportsligt värde. Gissar att minst hälften var där för att få se när en pokal och dess erövrare finner varandra. "
    (Sydsvenskan, krönikören Åke Stolt)

"Så där ramlade det in en miljon drygt. Det är ju vad den här lilla anspråkslösa ligan handlar om; en icke föraktlig bonuspott med vinstpengar från sponsorer och en liten tv-kanal som letar efter objekt för att få synas och märkas. "
    (Sydsvenskan, krönikören Åke Stolt)

”Jag är rädd om mina ben”
    (Joseph Elanga, MFF)

Some Swedish views on Royal League, you norwegians and danish understand it i hope...

nobody cares about RL

21. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Well.. That only sums up my point...

I think it's very bad that the Swedish teams are so ignorant and don't take this seriously.. This is actually a good chance to get more money, and maybe even Sweden can come up with a team that can get to the Champions League 9 times in 10 years? (---> RBK!)

What's their problem? Are they scared to actually not be what they claim to be ----> Best national league in Scandinavia?!

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=257200

Basically:
    - Swedes fighting
    - More attendance in Norway
    - Almost no attendance at all in Sweden

22. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    And you actually say it as if you are proud of it?

23. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    no team can play at their best after 40+ matches and in freezing temperature. It's just redicilous

24. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Well.. Frode Johnsen scored the winning goal for RBK last night and he has played 52 matches this year, including Champions League.

And it seems like the only match with freezing temperature, was TIL vs. FCK, and they were a Norwegian and a Danish side, so I don't get it why you as a Swede (I assume), is complaining?
    And as a fan you should only be glad to see more importan matches!

What's ridicilous is actually you using this as an excuse, and that the Swedish sides don't take this vast opportunity to get a better echonomy and a better team!

And I understand that the teams are tired after a long season, but come on, with only one scandinavian team (Rosenborg) managing to achieve anything in Europe, Sweden and Denmark should use this opportunity just as well as the Norwegian sides!

25. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    frepnil doesn't seem all that bright... :p