Rowdies News and Updates

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by speedcake, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Luis_Rancagua

Luis_Rancagua Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Guys, this is straight from the official FaceBook site of the Tampa Bay Rowdies. And you know what, it's Lotto the maker of the kit.

[​IMG]

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As part of the agreement, the Town & Country Hospital logo and the Westchase Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation logo will be prominently featured on the Rowdies official Event Jersey, which is the team’s uniform jersey for all games during the Rowdies Preseason Tour, official warm-up jersey for all Regular Season and Playoff games, worn for all public practices, Rowdies Night Practices at local youth clubs, and various camps, clinics and other grassroots player appearances. The Event Jersey will be available for purchase, along with the new 2012 Rowdies kits, beginning in March.

So basically it's a warm-up jersey.

3. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah this is the pre-season/warm up jersey. This is not the official match jersey, not even close. But I kind of still want one.

4. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Pretty decent looking practice jersey. I assume the match jersey will have the traditional hooped sleeves.

I don't see the point of putting sponsor logos so small that they can't be seen. If they are going to have sponsors, put them on the back of the jersey, below the number so at least they can be read at distance. I think it clutters up the jersey they way they have it done here.

BTW, why can't this team ever have a photo of a shirt, why is it always a mockup?

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably because the shirt would have to actually exist to be photographed. It may not actually exist in that form just yet.

6. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    If only that was the case. At no point in their history has the club had actual photos of jerseys in their official online store. Go look right now...I will wait. See the drawings of last year's shirts and scarves? There is hope, however, because they do have some photos of the one and only tshirt they impressed us with when they announced the name change awhile back.

Just can't get too excited about slapping a classic brand name on an amateurish organization. Reminds me of lipstick on a pig.

7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I meant now. But if they've never taken the time to do it even after the fact, yeah, that's not the way to go.

You get your most attractive interns to put the stuff on, you take their photos and you put them online. There. Sorted.

9. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I really question an organization that can't figure this out. Maybe they can't afford decent looking interns.

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I haven't lived in Florida in 20 years, but I know your colleges have attractive interns hanging off trees like Spanish moss.

11. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finding interns in Tampa Bay really, really shouldn't be a problem. The Rowdies should have an army of them, but they don't. Much less an army of very attractive ones.

12. MadAdam4

MadAdam4 Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They DID actually have them modeled on both a male and female before. It has been changed at some point between the Name reaquisition and now. I remember that because it was Jeremy Christe "modeling" the jersey for their store while he was injured. Just be a little patient.

13. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good news on both player signings for us. Happy to have Ambersley committed for a while and excited about signing this new kid, looking forward to seeing what he's got during the preseason!

17. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A player with NCAA eligibility remaining wouldn't be able to be "called up" to the NASL team (not and keep his eligibility). I don't know how many of Portland's players are still in college (I would guess most), but to get from one to the other, you'd have to exhaust your eligibility and then go through the proper channels to get to the Rowdies.

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not talking about eligibility. I mean have any of the PDL players for Portland ME ever even tried out for the Rowdies or got signed to a pro contract with Tampa yet?

Besides some talk of combined coaching styles, what is the purpose of this?

22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then "called up" wouldn't be the right terminology, would it?

Can't think of anyone who went from playing in Portland to eventually playing for the NASL team. There's no real straight-line connection. And, honestly, no real point to any of these PDL "partnerships" that aren't strictly under the same organizational roof, seems like.

23. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't it more of a developmental aspect, if some diamond in rough is found I'm sure he will be signed.