Rowan Simons?

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Mar 17, 2007.

1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Which Chinese channel does he work for? :confused:

2. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    BTV International Channel :eek:, he is also chairman of a very famouse ameturish club in Beijing, here is their website

ClubFootball All-Stars
    http://www.wanguoqunxing.com/cms5/index.php

" Clubfootball All-Stars" is a very famouse football club in Beijing, the first public football match in Beijing, was a ameturish match between "Clubfootball All-Atars" and Beijing Municipal Gov. club in Gongti and the attendance was 15,000 :eek:

3. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I've played with the ClubFootball people a few times and been to their "centre" (they used to just call it a bar) to watch matches a few times. A nice setup and anyone whose in BJ and wants to play soccer should know about the group...

4. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I mean the first public match after the SARS :)

5. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    "The criticism is probably deserved, because the professional game is corrupt and bankrupt in China "

yeah, the game is corrupt in China, but so is in Italy (i.e. Juve, AC Milan, et. al. past season) and England (i.e. managers getting "cutbacks" from transfer agents) and pretty much everywhere in the world.

6. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    England isn't even in the same ballpark and while the Italy corruption scandal is bad, but somehow doesn't come off as blatant as the Chinese one which included outright match fixing and idiotic tactics to achieve the desired results.

However, what he said was true for the game a few years back, but I think it is slowly gaining its respectability and that's shown by the fans coming back to the grounds.