Round 12 Matches 2/26/7

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by bkn0528, Feb 25, 2007.

1. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all, congrats! Best of luck finishing out the season strong.

As someone who promoted out of VI after their 2nd full season, with an average HS in the 135 range, I would encourage you to give it a shot. I know there are advantages to sandbagging, but really... we play to promote. That's my attitude at least.

Now grant you, I landed in a top 10 series in V and am on my way back down (not before having punched above my weight), but I learned a LOT from this season and will be much stronger when I promote again, hopefully soon.

2. Paul2005

Paul2005 New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    NYC
    Finally, after 4 matches without a win, turned my season around, beat the USA CUP semi finalists away from home and am now, mathematically, safe in the top 4 and don't have to worry about a relegation playoff.

Its taken a bit of working out to find out i am safe, beating the team away meant i could finish no lower than 5th, but the teams below me won. So point wise, the top 5 in my division are separated by 2 points and any of the 5 can finish from first to fifth, or so i thought. But because the teams below me have to plkay each other and because I have a walkover next week, no matter what the results of the matches are, i can finish no lower than 4th. So with that pressure off, I'll be going into the last game of the season playing for the title!

3. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Won 2-0 at home in a sold-out Chicago derby against the (former) #1 team. Huge win, unexpected too, and maybe little lucky as he won the ht ratings, 272-252.

LSD Chicago goes 1st and with a MOTS next week and a bot team in the last week I'm in real good shape.

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Hattrick is LSD Chicago's world and we all simply live in it.

5. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    had a massive 3-2 victory over a real good opponent, both of us over 250HS...wraps up my 2nd d5 title, this time with enough pts to finally autopromote.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow sounds a lot like my situation, a MOTS next week against number 3 and a WO the final week, looking to win my IV series. :)

7. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    If you win out you'll prob auto-promote. I'm safe to get a qualy, which I'll def take a dive in avoiding III. Are you looking to promote?

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure of the autopromoting, I'm still a full point behind the line, but we will see how things go. I'm definitly not ready for III, but I'm definitly not gonna throw games to stay out of it if that happens. My personal philosophy on league games is that you play to win, so I'm going all out to try and take my series, and if it means a promotion to III where I get my butt handed to me, so be it.

9. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herman Edwards can you please pick up the white courtesy phone.

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I followed the Chiefs more I'd take that as an insult. :)

It's how more people should play this game, I get tired of the sandbagging to stay down in a series so that you can make more money. I may get my butt handed to me, but I'll do it.

11. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you never know what series you will end up in. Although at the III level the chance of getting a bot isn't very good.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's very true, but I doubt my team would be able to compete.

13. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I agree to a point, and chances are I'll get smoked in a qualy anyways. Going up this season would just lead to a season of losing. I'll wait a season or two until I'm ready to compete and not mess up training and other coach/stadium upgrades.

I think HT needs to make changes to the game that will entice all teams to focus on winning present term.

14. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    to me this is the biggest problem with the game. I'm all for the attitude kuhn has that you go all out to win...but simply the game isnt built for that, there's no advantage to taking it on the chin in D3 as opposed to sitting comfortably in d4...the sponsor dollars/crowds should better reflect what it means to be in a higher division, even if you are struggling.