Rotherham United

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by Myshoe, May 31, 2014.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yes. yes, I did. I had reservations about this internet lark at first; but now that I see what it can do for us ...

IvanIV repped this.
  2. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol.

i thought it was funny. oh well.

3. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    placing my order for a Rov'rum scarf now... ;)

Myshoe repped this.
  4. Benando_NFFC

Benando_NFFC Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Just to give you a steer on both Collins and Halford, having seen them at Forest the past few seasons.

Collins legs had been going since we signed him, but he is more than a dependable back up for you guys. He had a mini revival when Dougie came in after being frozen out by Psycho, but better options became available and he went back to being a sub. Leadership and experience are his main assets.

Halford will be solid for you guys. He's a definite defender and DM at a push. Don't be fooled by him being a striker though as he was poor up front. Scored 3 headers, but that's about it when we stuck him there - his 1 on 1 finishing was garbage.

I personally didn't like Halford however. When the going got tough in the last few months of 13/14, his head dropped and he was sulking all over the pitch. It got to a point when it was a disgrace to see such a player behaving like that in our shirt - his last away game for us he was more interested in thumping opposition players than helping us out.

That said, I'm sure he'll do a job in the Rotherham defence.

Myshoe and IvanIV repped this.
  5. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #280 Myshoe, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    Cool, thanks for the info.. I don't think Evan's will stand for that kind of behaviour however.. usually if a player isn't running himself into the ground for the team they get sidelined, I would've hoped that they've come here to play as it can't be for the money. :p

One of our players has got a record 10 game ban........ just when things were looking good.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rotherham-defender-kirk-broadfoot-handed-6127136

"The former Scotland defender will have to serve what is believed to be the longest ban for verbal abuse in English football history"

6. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #281 Myshoe, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    We've signed Chris Maguire now.... another Owl enters the ranks we'll probably be more Sheffield Wednesday than Sheffield Wednesday by the time your new owner has done clearing out. :D

"Rotherham United have completed their 11th signing of the summer after agreeing a deal with former Sheffield Wednesday forward Chris Maguire, subject to medical and Football League ratification.

The versatile striker, who can also play in a wide role, put pen-to-paper this morning after agreeing personal terms, as boss Steve Evans continues to mould his squad ahead of the big kick off against MK Dons on August 8th.

Maguire left the Owls after a three-year stay at Hillsborough during the close season, making the short journey to Rotherham whilst also linking up with former teammtes Joe Mattock and Lewis Buxton."

I can't wait for the season to get started now, I just hope that all of these players can gel in what's left of our pre-season. Losing to MK Don's first day of the season will be a less than ideal start. I think our quality of players is much better than last season though.

IvanIV repped this.
  7. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buxton is the only one I will write any guarantee on. ;)

palimino and Myshoe repped this.
  8. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mattock is already out for a few weeks with ankle injury. :oops:

palimino repped this.
  9. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    By the sound of it Buxton is out for a week or two as well, hope they are not all sick notes. :eek:

I was reading an MK Don's forum earlier, they're all predicting us to finish rock bottom and themselves safe.. I'm thinking it'll be the other way around personally.

IvanIV repped this.
  11. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, buxton will get injured. :(

12. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We lost 2-1 to Leicester Wednesday night:

Mainz 05 on Saturday is our final friendly, they beat Lazio 3-0 midweek.

13. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we are having a rough preseason as well...

14. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We beat Mainz 05 2-1 with two late goals, reports of a behind closed doors game mid week and then it's MK Dons hope we beat them.

IvanIV repped this.
  15. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we beat st mirren 5-0

Myshoe repped this.
  16. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did Stevie May get a hatrick?

I thought Mainz 05 came to play us as a sign of our rise to greatness but apparently after reading some badly translated German media, they've got a cup game against Cottbus next week and they wanted a harrying, physical, anti-footballing team to practice against. :laugh::(

I'll be starting a new thread for the new season next week I think, or should I just keep it all in here? what do you reckon?

Benando_NFFC and IvanIV repped this.
  17. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol.

new thread.

18. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  19. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Myshoe repped this.
  20. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i noticed that Buxton didn't play against MKdons in the league opener. judging by the highlights, i'm not sure rotherham played anyone at right back, there was so much space out there at times.

anyway, 76 minutes in the league cup for the white Cafu (and a clean sheet). the question, myshoe, is whether he came off for tactical reasons, due to match-fitness, or for injury? and did he play at right back? and if so, did he get forward much?

ok, I guess those are more that a question - but they are all Buxtonian.

Myshoe and IvanIV repped this.
  21. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #296 Myshoe, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    He's not fully fit yet, he wasn't injured he just can't last a full 90mins yet, either that or we're being a bit cautious with having him do too much too soon.

He had a slight injury in pre-season so he wasn't ready for the MK Don's match, he played 45mins in a behind closed doors friendly on the Wednesday before against Sunderland, leaks from Sunderland's end suggest we got thrashed but we were playing players who were lagging behind in pre-season training and needed a bit of extra work. He played at right back against Cambridge, got forward a few times and put a few good crosses into the box from what I've seen/heard.