Roster for USA Bolivia

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by deuteronomy, May 20, 2018.

1. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOALKEEPERS (3): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 5/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 2/0)
    DEFENDERS (8): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG; 2/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 14/1), Matt Miazga (Chelsea/ENG; 5/1), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United/ENG; 0/0), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City/ENG; 0/0), Antonee Robinson (Everton/ENG; 0/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 16/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 2/0)
    MIDFIELDERS (9): Joe Corona (Club Tijuana/MEX; 20/3), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland/ENG; 3/0), Julian Green (Stuttgart/GER; 8/3), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana/MEX; 0/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 1/1), Keaton Parks (Benfica/POR; 0/0), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 20/9), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana/MEX; 5/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; 1/0)
    FORWARDS (2): Andrija Novakovich (Reading/ENG; 1/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 0/0)

Average age is Under 23, only 2 born before 1990.

Only 2 MLS players called (Bono, Zimmerman)

Josh Sargent, of course, has yet to play as a professional.

juveeer, RalleeMonkey, neems and 6 others repped this.
  2. CU soccer

CU soccer Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Panama City Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Green, Guido and Corona are head scratchers.

My fav 11 out of these guys would be...

———Nova———
    Gooch—CP—Rubio
    —Parks—McKennie
    JV-Miazga-Zimm-EL
    —- Bono—-

deuteronomy repped this.
  3. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 xbhaskarx, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    I don't really get how Eric Lichaj is now a consistent national team call up under Sarachan, usually the most senior guy on the roster even though he wasn't exactly a regular before that so having him around as a veteran presence to get the youngsters acclimated doesn't make much sense. Wouldn't Tim Ream have made more sense?
    If we're going with an all-young roster, why not Shaq Moore instead? Or heck if we're bringing in Sargent, perhaps Marlon Fossey?

Also I hope they've at least been in contact with Theoson-Jordan Siebatcheu... he would certainly be more useful to take a look at than Rubio Rubin who has done close to nothing in years.

One more missing name: Jonathan Amon

WrmBrnr and deuteronomy repped this.
  4. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ream is playing for Fulham in the play in match to see who goes into the Premiership next year.

Certainly, he delivered an outstanding year in their efforts.

HartwickFan, juveeer, Deadtigers and 4 others repped this.
  5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My mistake, I figured he could be involved in both.
    I certainly know about the Fulham game, as I have family in the neighborhood who are fans, but given the current state of our national team I didn't bother to work out when these upcoming friendlies are.

Deadtigers and WrmBrnr repped this.
  6. vreleven

vreleven Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shaq Moore is also involved in playoff games.

7. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Lichaj can play both FB spots. Shaq Moore is on his reserve team's double leg playoff promotion just like Ream. He went the full 90 in their upset win yesterday. The return leg is the 26th. He's unavailable. Fossey was injured most of the season and just got back to full fitness and playing again. Fulham reserves is no better than Man United reserves. So while I would have had no problem if he was called in I'm not sure why he would get ahead of Olosunde.

Deadtigers, LouisZ and xbhaskarx repped this.
  8. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Green is better than both Rubio and Gooch.

9. STR1

STR1 Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 29, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rubin and Guido weren't even starters in Xolos. And Sargent? Nothing against the kid but he should at least get some pro minutes first. Do we have no one else as forwards? Are we really that bad at top that we have to check out a kid that hasn't played pro yet?

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Way to go Hamid and Horvath

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Wood needed the summer off so he can find a new club.

eainterplay repped this.
  12. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Moe is better than Larry and Curly. Yipee.

Green scored a hat trick on Inter Milan. I have no doubt he could do the same to Bolivia u23's. So what? Nobody cares but a bunch of nobodies who don't know the first thing about pro football.

13. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well, if we aren't going to call in anybody in MLS, who do you propose as a hold up 9 who plays in Europe who is better than Sargent?

14. Ds98

Ds98 New Member

Melbourne City
    Australia
    Mar 26, 2018
    I understand where Sarachan is going with naming this squad and the whole re-gen thing, but surely you've got to add some more experience into these squads. Who are these young guys looking up to? Taking notes from? understanding the International game? Lichaj?

It might only be against Bolivia but gee.

15. Napoleon_BA

Napoleon_BA Member

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    CA Lanús
    If you are looking at players who potentially could be on the 2020 Olympic Roster, which they are, I think that you load a heavy amount of 21 & Under players for this camp.

After the Bolivia match, they are going to drop some players and add some players for matches against IRELAND (June 2nd in Dublin) and FRANCE (June 9th in Lyon).

Bringing in young players to get a taste of a senior camp and to see how they are doing is a great use of this opportunity. Then some get dropped and they add some new young kids who may be busy at the moment. Great use of 3 games when we don't have a tournament to participate in this summer.

2in10, gunnerfan7 and Patrick167 repped this.
  16. STR1

STR1 Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 29, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #16 STR1, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    That's the problem, we don't have anyone that we rely on someone who hasn't played pro. Forwards has to be the weakest position we have. Not a lot of options to chose from.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  17. Ds98

Ds98 New Member

Melbourne City
    Australia
    Mar 26, 2018
    If they've specifically sounded this camp out as a pre cursor to having these guys involved in the Olympic team, thats completely fine.
    In my opinion though, having someone they can look up to with ample experience at senior International level wouldn't hurt these guys.

As an Aussie I can't say too much about what you guys should be doing, but I'm completely intrigued by the severity of the re-generating process that you guys have got going. There are some really talented blokes you've got coming through.

Napoleon_BA repped this.
  18. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don’t care about this match too much, as its going to be youngsters vs youngsters. We should field our strongest team vs France in Lyon though.

1) A 6-0 scoreline before the WC won’t do our program any favors
    2) I am going to the game and don’t want to see a bloodbath

juveeer, Winoman and Patrick167 repped this.
  19. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no problem with this roster. I do hope Jordy was at least called. I can see Ream, Yedlin, Dwyer and maybe Wood and Moore added after the Bolivia game.

20. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excited to see Bono get a chance. He really impressed me during Toronto's CL run and had me wondering why he hasn't been more involved with the NT up until now.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    why is walker zimmerman here?

Patrick167 repped this.
  22. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're ignoring the established and older guys, then it's not unfair to rank Zim as the 4th CB behind Miazga, CCV, and EPB. I would have probably taken Parker, but with Adams also being excluded, I'm guessing The Red Bulls weren't letting players go

23. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He scored two goals vs. Arsenal. He is the greatest American player EVER!!!

24. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    And yet all three of them don't belong on this roster beyond practice fodder.

Deadtigers repped this.
  25. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He's Bob Bradley's new son.

juveeer repped this.