Rooney - Robinho - Messi - C Ronaldo

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by COBRA007, Oct 17, 2005.

1. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    whos the best and which player would you rather have in your team

2. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Rooney is the best. However, there is no need for him in the Brazilian NT. So, no one replaces Robinho from the NT.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rooney is proboly the best right now.

But i would take C.Ronaldo then Robinho....thier style of play is soo silky and exciting!

4. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    rooney would get into brazil NT ahead of robinho

LGRod repped this.
  5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Rooney

Unlike others, I'm not going to make excuses to mention another player, regardless of his nationality and the teams he plays for. I'm not like that, as I can accept when someone is clearly better, regardless of whether I support said team or not. :rolleyes:

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Proboly, but if Rooney grew up in Brasil his style of play would be completly different.

7. alman

alman New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Italy
    1. C Ronaldo
    2. Rooney
    3. Robinho
    4. Messi

jcvf90 repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think everybody agrees that Rooney is the best of the four today.

In terms of future, I think Messi is the most promising talent.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I disagree....Although i think messi will be good. I think Ronaldo and Rooney will be leading the pack, with Robinho and Messi closely behind them.

jcvf90 repped this.
  10. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Messi..and hes only 18 but im a bit biased :p

11. RuudVanLineker

RuudVanLineker New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    you forgot to mention darren fletcher,er, ill get my coat (having said that he is an exceptionally astute young player, like xabi alonso in brains, but not as good a passer, but he is fast and strong, and is learning)

But i am goin go to say Rooney is the best of the lot, then Ronaldo. Robinho and Messi both look very talented for their age, but we have yet to see if they can hold their own in either league or champions league or internationally. Rooney and Ronaldo have both shown that they can compete in domestic competions accross a whole season, they can turn on the style in champions league games, and they were both the best players of euro 2004, not just the best young players (this is a little unfair as Messi and Robinho cant play in euro's, but even in WC qualifications Ronaldo was brilliant, Rooney was also the brightest of the england players, even if he didnt score)

12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, I'm glad Rooney didn't grow up in Brasil, he's much better than all the others mentioned combined. Yea thats right. Not only does he posses more skill than all of the, he's the most compact player of them all, he has the highest football IQ of the lot, and is also the most physically strongest. Messi, Ronaldo, and Ratboy are all very very weak and would easily be brought down, they even incorporate that into their game. :rolleyes:

13. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Rooney
    2. Ronaldo
    3. Messi
    4. Robinho

jcvf90 repped this.
  15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Then he'd get into a fight and be dropped indefinitely cause we can afford to do that. :D

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They are all very young, but Rooney is light years ahead of the rest in my opinion.

jcvf90 repped this.
  17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thats a pretty daring statement to make. Considering Ronaldo is close behind him in talent. I agree that at the moment Rooney is better, because he finishs everything when given the oppertunity, he doesnt need more then one chance.....while Ronaldo on the other hand :eek: , lets not talk about it!

But if Ronaldo ever improves his scoring and finishing ability, I would proboly Rate Ronaldo higher. Hes a little more versatile then Rooney and has a little more creativity. BUt right now it is Rooney, regardless Ronaldo is still my favortire player!!

18. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh I agree, if Ronaldo improves on those faults of his, he will in no doubt be up there with Rooney, nontheless Ronaldo even in his form now is better than both Messi and Ratboy.

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo is struggling a bit right now huh :( . He was playing so well before the death of his father. He was eating up the competition with moves and passing....

I guess his fathers passing was/is difficult for him. Lets hope he gets back on his feet soon. So him and Rooney can lead Manchester United to the top of the table and Portugal to the promised land! :rolleyes:

20. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have no doubt that Ronaldo will regain his form, its just a matter of time, We all thought he would do it much quicker. When he does, I also hope he finds a place in the new 4-4-2.

And by the way, don't worry, Portugal will make the quarters. :p

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am pretty sure he will find a place in the 4 - 4 - 2. Hell who knows, he might even feel more comfortable in it.

Thanks for the Portugal support. I am hoping England does well too, just dont get in our way, and we wont get in your way!

22. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OK, if you happen to take England out, Germany will clean up after. :D

23. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi will emerge as the greatest talent.

Fabio Capello said of Messi: "He's the best young player I've sever seen"... "I have never seen a player like him at his age."

24. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    You are a manchester fan..enough said.

25. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I dont know. I like messi, and will watch his game today in the champions league, but i think Ronaldo and Rooney were ahead of him in talent when they were 18, but then again, thats the key word here huh, WHEN.