Ronaldo to retire Monday, February 14th 2011

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Feb 13, 2011.

  1. Lucas...

    Lucas... Member+

    Dec 18, 2012
    About 'Medida Certa', Ronaldo met the objective.

    He had 118kg and went to 101,5kg
     
  2. Bolivianfuego

    Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

    Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    224lbs... that's kinda heavy, isn't it?
     
  3. Lucas...

    Lucas... Member+

    Dec 18, 2012
    Yes.
    [​IMG]

    Now, in february, he probably should have increased their weight haha
     
  4. NotreDameFlamengo

    Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Well it's not like he's playing anymore, so health is the main concern. If those numbers are valid 40 lbs lost is a huge improvement.
     
    Bolivianfuego repped this.
  5. NotreDameFlamengo

    Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Keep in mind they probably used every trick they could have to exaggerate that before picture. And there's a lot if ways to make yourself bloated.
     
  6. Lucas...

    Lucas... Member+

    Dec 18, 2012
    Sim, porque não só ele cumpriu a meta como está no percentual ideal de gordura e em outros testes físicos. Só que o programa terminou em dezembro... duvido que ele consiga manter a ''boa'' forma por muito tempo.

    And remember, that reported, at the time, that he received money to attend (R$6 million). He denied have received money it, of course.

    -

    http://g1.globo.com/fantastico/quad...termina-medida-certa-com-cerca-de-101-kg.html
     
  7. Bolivianfuego

    Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

    Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, he's probably gaining it back already!
     
  8. RichCreamy48

    RichCreamy48 Member

    Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
  9. NotreDameFlamengo

    Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
  10. Denilson70

    Denilson70 Member

    May 29, 2001
    England
    It was a spontaneous comment but one he should not have made.
     
  11. Lucas...

    Lucas... Member+

    Dec 18, 2012
    Mengão86 repped this.
  12. JamesBH11

    JamesBH11 Member+

    Sep 17, 2004
    Well Ronaldo did shut him more than one time.
    During the UCL2003, just before the return leg to Old Trafford, Fergusson named Raul as the "best player" of them all in the "glacticos team".
    Ronaldo answered with a "hat trick" to send ManU home! Interesting part was that he got a standing ovation from manU fans - that was CLASS by the English fans.

    Back to his comparison, CR7 and Ronaldo! It's understandable that he would give a BIAS statement to his player of his team. However calling CR7 wastrue 2 footed and more compete is LAUGHABLE. I never seen a better "true 2 footed" like Ronaldo sicne last Pele!
    - Ronaldo could shoot his left 90% as his right (and many gaols)- CR7 rarely scored nice goals with his left.
    - Ronaldo could dribble with his left as efficient as his right (double scissors on the move) while CR7 often did a scissor in a "static mode" !
     
  13. Mengão86

    Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

    Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Best thing he has done since 2002 IMO.
     
  14. Bolivianfuego

    Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

    Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Didn't it come out too before he went to Real Madrid, Man U wanted him...but lost out to Real Madrid. Maybe that's why he was so pissy?
     
  15. celito

    celito Member+

    Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think SAF meant much by the comment....specially the "old" part. By old he just meant the old one in relation to CRonaldo. More like the original one. By fat ... oh well, he was fat. But I guess he could have held that comment back.
     
  16. Mengão86

    Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

    Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm tired of seeing SAF run his mouth and whine about calls constantly. I'm glad someone finally called him out. I'd like to see how he'd react if Ronaldo called him old and over-the-hill after benching one of Man Utd's best players.
     
  17. Ribo_2006

    Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

    Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I'm gunna put my ass on the line here, but to an extent SAF is right, CR is a more complete player, so you could aruge he's better then Ronaldo. I've seen plenty of Ronaldo and plenty of CR so i don't need an education class. :)

    Dribbling - equal
    Heading - CR
    Pace - Equal
    Technique - CR
    Finishing - R9

    CR just edges it for me, as an out and out striker Ronaldo win's.
    Anywhere else on the pitch be it winger, AM, SS, it's all Cristiano. And tbf he even has a case as a better finisher, 155 goals in 154 games or something around those insane stats, absolutely mauls on Ronaldo's at Madrid. While Ronaldo's stats are great i'm not disputing that, he was also in a much more talented side. What set's R9 apart is the fact he was a big game player, where as CR is very hit and miss, and for that reason alone, Ronaldo will be more highly regarded throughout the age's, unless CR step's it up a notch in the consistency levels.

    I think CR just need's to lead Portugal to a WC and his story is pretty much complete/on a par with Ronaldo's anyway.
     
  18. Mengão86

    Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

    Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CR7 just needs a crippling injury like Ronaldo had and we will see how he really compares. Pre-injury R9 >>>> CR7 easily.
     
    Bolivianfuego repped this.
  19. NotreDameFlamengo

    Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I'm in the CR camp that thinks he doesn't get enough credit for how talented he is. And i think this is due to him being hard to like personally. A lot of people can't separate those 2 things.

    Is CR a more complete player than Ronaldo? Yes, I think so. CR is great at everything.
    Is CR a better player? I don't know. I'm too young/new to soccer, so all I can go by on Ronaldo is highlight tapes. And obviously that isn't the best thing to go off of.

    As far as SAF, how long has he been a coach and responsible for what he says and how he says it? This wasn't like it was some brainless player spouting off. SAF is fully aware that everything he says will get scrutinized. And to say it in the manner he did was classless and extremely unbecoming for a longtime coach with the status he has.
     
  20. Bolivianfuego

    Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

    Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Truth.

    LOL Nice avatar BTW.
     
  21. Ribo_2006

    Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

    Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    He is, ought to be ashamed...Some Brazil legends were in that game btw. Cafu ,Bebeto, Zico, Roberto Carlos off the top of my head.

     
  22. Bolivianfuego

    Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

    Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's sad, but it's not surprising. Many say food is more addicting than drugs. Recovering addicts (drugs) have a 10percent chance of kicking off drugs for good. 90 percent go back. keep that in mind in comparison to those that are addicted to food...
     
  23. JamesBH11

    JamesBH11 Member+

    Sep 17, 2004
    You're the ONLY ONE who had seen both playing and claim so!
    Dribble :
    Ronaldo was MUCH MORE efficient and more REAL = CR7 just standing still and doing a FAKE steps over = kinda imitae a real Ronaldo in a worse way.
    Ronaldo coudl do 10 things during running, CT could do 6 or 7 things standing still with the ball.
    Ronaldo could dribble using either foot and so he DESTROYED all great defense with Maldini Thuram Nesta, Canavaro Desailly Stam Effenberg ... . CR7 got often clog with guys like Clichy, A.Cole, dANI aLVES ...

    Technique:
    I don;t know what kind of "techniques" you refer to but CR7 was NOT near 75% of Ronaldo level in "techniques" =First touch, ball control, dribbles, passing, shooting in precision

    Now last bold: in your dream! Ronaldo won everything as best individually ... Topscorer at Copa, WC, and BEST player at copa WC ...
    Take CR7 off the galactico team of Real Madrid, his GPG dropped severely and often he looked just a "good" player in Euro and WC level = no more no less.
     
  24. Lucas...

    Lucas... Member+

    Dec 18, 2012
    About career, honours in clubs:
    Cristiano > Ronaldo9

    But Ronaldo9 is much better.
     
  25. NotreDameFlamengo

    Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    [quote="JamesBH11, post: 27424733, member:
    Now last bold: in your dream! Ronaldo won everything as best individually ... Topscorer at Copa, WC, and BEST player at copa WC ...
    Take CR7 off the galactico team of Real Madrid, his GPG dropped severely and often he looked just a "good" player in Euro and WC level = no more no less.[/quote]

    Very biased view. CR won the ballon d'or at ManU. And Portugal's team is complete shit compared to Brasil.

    I'm not saying CR is better than Ronaldo was. But your view on CR is laughable.
     

Share This Page