Ronaldinho's latest nike ad - REAL or FAKE?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Watch it, learn it, practice it.

2. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It was Vick

3. Fulham Fan

Fulham Fan New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Bay Area
    Could you describe the trick that impresses you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMESo0rMA9o&search=zlatan

4. felsi

felsi New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    I think, the trick is not to hard, but he impresses me, because he could be very effective :)

It is the first trick, Ronaldo makes when he is on the grass. :)

5. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Oh..no Mr. Kruger Festivus is all to REAL !!

6. Fulham Fan

Fulham Fan New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Bay Area
    All right. Basically, you hit the ball forward on the ground and then stick the outside of your foot in front of it. The ball skips up. Watch this freestyler do it:

http://www.youtube.com/w/thomas-vlaminck-freestyle?v=Zxzc7LYSIoE&search=vlaminck

Edit: actually, in the grass sequence you mention, he rolls the ball onto the outside of his foot, which allows him to continue forward with it. Essentially the same thing.

7. felsi

felsi New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Thx, I will try this :)

8. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Actually, that was a powerade commercial.

9. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005

HEY! Ive heard the last song on this video a few times and never have I known who sings it...does anybody know?

EDIT: I found it, it is Bob Sinclair

10. k_nico

k_nico New Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    i think this thread has gone on a sidetrack... the video is without a doubt fake, and that's it...

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Has to be....cause then he could never hesitate to let go of a shot from distance.

12. thigpig

thigpig New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    upstate NY
    it is fake but ronaldinho could do that easily. they have those bungy type things set up in all sports where the ball gets knocked back to you. alls he does is kick it at that and then it comes back, he traps it vollys and does it again. I mean thats easy for a good soccer player is it not? so why all the big fuss?

13. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    hitting the post 5-6 consecutive times? not easy..maybe not even possible

14. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5-6? Only 3.

It's real, IMO, until proven fake.

15. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    if he can hit the post consecutive times that easily WHILE the ball is moving, why won't he score everysingle time he shoots a free kick or penalty?

16. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn't kick it as it comes back to him, he controls it first then hits it again. Yes, it takes quite a bit of precision, but's it's not impossible.

I score everytime I kick a ball at an unguarded net and/or without a wall of people standing in front of me. There's a major difference between kicking a penalty shot and a free kick than taking shots during a practice.

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    if you idiots had actually read this thread instead of bringing it back to life, youd know its not real. its been proven not real and nike has admitted its not real. and what hes supposedly doing is imposssible. if he could do that he would have scored 250 goals a season.

18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Since it seem some people find hitting the post doable, why don't we get some of the great players here on BS to go out and see how many attempts they have to go through in order to hit three in a row. Aside from my experiences on the pitch, it would require the shot to land on pretty much the same exact spot each time in order for the ball to come directly back to Ronaldinho. I don't dispute that he is the best player currently in the game, but I have to agree with other posters in that if he could do that, their would be no excuse for ever missing a penalty or free kick.

19. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When did Nike ever say it was fake? I've read this thread and I can't find anything other than a claim by posters that is fake.

It's possible it took him a while to hit it four times and they just edited the tape, but I don't think it's all digitally fixed.

Anyone remember Tiger Woods golf ball juggle? I bet a lot of you guys thought "there's no way that's real, it's impossible", but it turned out to be 100% real.

This ad is real, IMO, until Nike or Ronaldinho says it is fake. Why would Ronaldinho say it's real if it wasn't? It wouldn't exactly ruin his career if it is a fake, and it would be a silly thing to lie about.

20. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yup he just tries on a pair of shoes walks with the ball hits the post twice, misses the third *CUT!* switches shoes again lies down "Action"....please if you can't watch it and know it's fake then you must be insane. It is like those commercials where Michael Vic (think it was him) Launches a football from his 30 or so into the stands at the other end looks real but there is a quirkiness to the camera movements and also the players and ball.

P.S. Who thought the tiger ball juggle was fake?

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    nike europe went out and admitted it was fake. kind of made ronaldinho look like a idiot since he stood fast saying it was real, "i do that sometimes in training" he said. yeah, right. caughidiotcaugh. and some dude posted a link as proof, where you can see the ball suddenly appear behind the goal and bounce around. i guess the blue screen guys forgot to edit that one out. people who think this is real have no clue whatsoever.

22. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: Fake: here's the definitive proof

there you go all you believers. watch the left goalpost. youll see a ball appear out of nowehere. case closed.

23. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I saw that link to. Someone told me it was the ball from the others around the training ground, but dont really believe it.

If its fake, does that make Ronaldinho any less of a player? Hell no! Fake or not, he can still do things with the ball, some of us will never do in a lifetime.

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    so the other people could make the ball invisible and then appear out of nowhere? i think not. your "someone" should invest in some glasses
    thats not been contested by anyone as far as i can recall.

25. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Your just looking for a debate arent you. I wanst arguing with anyone. I was talking in general.