Ronaldinho's latest nike ad - REAL or FAKE?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    there isnt a debate. its fake. anyone who says otherwise are idio... hmm not very bright.

2. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It Is So Real! All You Hatarz Needs To Get Out!

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It can't be real, cause then he would never hesitate to let go and attempt a shot from that type of distance.

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It would be near impossible to do a straight edit of multiple moving objects, Ronnie and the ball, not to mention the people in the background without the appearance of a jump, once. To do it 4 times, well that's just too much work unless its done with the use of a chromakey.

I also have huge problems believing that ANYONE could hit it accurate to within a quarter of an inch multiple times off the volley. I mean, why would he EVER hit the wall with a freekick if he was that accurate?

5. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who believed the Tiger Woods stuff was fake is a fool. There I said it. It's not hard to juggle a golf ball with a sand wedge. I have done it 10-15 times in a row and I am only a golfer to drink beer..

6. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, they said 2 of the 4 were real, which means he can be that accurate and it is possible. Now, please shh.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    youve obviously never gambeled. you could end up in a freak situation where you have four of a kind twice in four deals. for it to happen four times in a row youd need to be best bud with the man upstairs. its not even remotely close to a case for it being possible.

8. phishnchipz

phishnchipz Member

Jul 22, 2004
    they said he HIT THE CROSSBAR twice. They didn't say it bounced back to him perfectly twice.

9. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's impossible, then he couldn't have done it once. Since he did it not only once but twice, it is entirely possible. Improbable is not impossible.

10. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Now the German Spiegel Online writes, that Ronalinho’s ping pong shots are actually not all real. Apparently Nike Europe admits, that only two out of the four shots are real, the other being reworked on the computer!"

That implys that 2 of the 4 "ping-pong's" are real, not just hit kicking the ball. That would be asinine.

11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    you guys are idiots. its like saying "its possible to win the lottery 10 times in a row, but its unlikely" everyone knows it would never happen. same thing with this video. of course it is possible. but it would happen say once in 200 million attempts. the video is fake. close this dumb thread already.

12. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why so edgy?

Why's it so hard to believe he can hit the crossbars? It's not impossible.

Winning the lottery being compared hitting a crossbar and having it come back to you is just a bad comparison. Hitting a crossbar and having it come back to you isn't nearly as unlikely.

13. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

;)

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    oh shut it ;)

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    no its not. you go out and try it. people win the lottery all the time.

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hatarz?

You mean Haters.

And most if not all who posted that it is indeed fake are either:

A) Fan's of Ronaldinho
    B) Appreciate Ronaldinho's skills
    C) Both
    D) Atleast know something about soccer and special effects.

If you can watch that video and not be able to tell from the funny camera movements and all the other glaring effects that obviously effect the ball then your are either too dillusional of a fan or just plain ignorant. Seriously just cause it's fake dosen't mean people will hate Ronaldinho or think less of him as a player.

17. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess the guys who say this video is real also think that "Shaolin soccer" (the movie) is a realistic documentary;)

I can't believe this is still being discussed. With all the respect and appreciation I have for Ronaldinho, the best player in the world nowadays, it is IMPOSSIBLE!!! Like someone said, a chance over 200 millions. Will Nike have waited that long, specially filming the whole part before where he laces his shoes and all?..

Noone doubts he can hit the post when he concentrates (well he should always aim 10 cms below that in all his free-kicks/penalties, would be nice), but to have the ball come right back to his feet, and then repeat that 4 times, come on, this is science fiction! Which again does not degrade in any way the amazing skills Ronaldinho has.

18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's not a realistic documentary????????????????????????:)

19. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    that's marketing for you...put everyone's favorite star doing something impossible and people will believe it...

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    most idiots you mean

21. Wishua88

Wishua88 New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    that was fake..the even admitted it..

22. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    believe me...not even that has been enough for some...

23. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    the real queestion is whether this thread is real or faked by that scum Dark Savante From Nike Corporate Communications

24. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I saw the live takes/ the making of that commercial so I know it was real.

25. nigelg

nigelg 30 something has been

May 17, 2006
    Round Rock, TX
    how old is this discussion? wow, I just found BigSoccer, so it's new to me :)

I think some of the shots are fake...it looks to me like the ball accelerates off the goal coming back to him.

that and the fact that the ball hits the goal in exactly the same spot over and over again,

AND the ghost ball effect,

AND the fact that he has long hair tied in a pony tail...everyone knows that you should never trust a brazilian with long hair tied in a pony tail :rolleyes: </sarcasm>