ronaldinho vs. henry

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by darek27, Jan 24, 2010.

1. darek27

darek27 Member

Aug 29, 2008
    who do you think is a better player ?

they both had they best years in similar period.

while ronaldinho had a better peak,

I think that henry has a better overall career.

from the other hand, dinho can change his status

if he will play good in WC 2010, while I don't see any chances for thierry.

so , how and where do you rank them ???

2. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Two players with different styles. Henry was a world-class forward and probably one of the fastest players ever on the pitch, while Ronaldinho was slower, a creator as well as finisher, and was the best technical player in the world during his prime. While both had big impacts for their clubs, Henry wasn´t as indispensable to France in 1998 as Ronaldinho was to Brazil in 2002.

3. ronaldo99

ronaldo99 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Ronaldinho is a genius.

Henry is a pace merchant.

4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    His technique is still very good, but speed is the biggest part of his game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EeMpOcAMIA"]Thierry Henry[/ame]

5. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLygDH9f3o"]henry february 2003 - march 2004[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJZCFHKvpQY"]henry march 04 - feb 05[/ame]

Alot of genius there, in arguably his peak period, but of course it doesnt show all of his assists he made in his peak.

nvm just found a vid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR9leKMg464"]assists[/ame]

6. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Henry's game was based on inimitable style, verve, flair, grace and sumptuous technique.

Even as a Manchester followr I'm more than happy to admit that. He was the complete attacker between 2002 and 2006.

Ronaldinho was world class for 2 season,s 3 at most. Henry was worlde class for Arsenal fro almost the entire time he was there, andmit's not as if he's stopped performing at Barcelona either.

7. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    In term of skills.

Ronaldinho was the most astonishing (since last fenomeno) and a joy to watch (since last ZIzou) also he deserved to be among the GREATs. However his short 3peak years and his failure at WC06 were there to downgrade his ranking. No doubt, he was a "better" player than Henry when in his best form surely - no contest here.

Henry in the other hand was much more consistent for 6,7years at Arsenal. But his peak was NEVER there to LAST in football history - unfortunately.

8. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About Ronaldinho's "peak": he was already playing at an extremely high level before he arrived at Barcelona; it just wasn't on a big stage (with the exception of WC 2002) and mostly not as a goal scorer.

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I didn't watch him much at PSG but what I've heard is that his time there was inconsistent. A good friend of mine is a life long PSG fan and he's mentioned how frustrating it was watching Ronaldinho produce brilliance one match and then suck for 3 matches.

10. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I have to agree with that. Though it's impressive how Henry dominated as a striker despite originally being a winger.

11. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    Love both players.
    But i think Ronaldinho was the best player to ever play the game personally, he was just the bench mark that player like Messi and c.Ronaldo had to try and follow. Even as poor copies they became ranked as the "best in the world".

The problem i have with Henry (The best striker in premiership history) is that he wasn't ale to show us consistently at the INternational level what made him special in the Prem. I so wanted him to produce the same magic ,but he never could do it. You can blame the manager or the sheer genius of Wenger ,but the fact remains.

I give Ronaldinho the edge because there will never be another player with as many gifts as he had. He wasn't as fast as Henry ,but he was faster with the ball laterally than henry could even imagine to be. I don't know another player who was able to run at full speed with the ball ,take a good hit from a defender and still maintain his dribble like he did. Ronaldo would have been flying into the stands with some of the hits Ronaldinho got .
    He had a free kick that was about as effective as C.Ronaldo's and a dribble that was more
    efficient than Messi's. Add to that he had passing vision and creativity and he makes those other player look average.

12. LuisFabiano

LuisFabiano New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    His Freekicks were better than Ronaldos. Except his would have to be nearer to the goal for him to make a decent attempt, but anyway he did score more FKs more often than CR.

13. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
    new answers?

14. annoyedbyneedoflogin

Juventus Football Clube Ajax Mineiro de Deportes
    Jun 11, 2012
    I rated both 8 for effective skill, Dinho 7 for influence where Henry is 6, and 8 for success vs Henry's 9.