Ronaldinho in his prime, has there ever been a better player in technique?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by R_9-Ronaldo, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Messi is amazing, Zidane, Ronaldinho and other clowns like them, can be elegant and spectacular as they want, do not have the technique of Messi.

2. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Well Messi never did any "step over"
    his dribbling relied heavily on his intelligence, ball controls and speed

3. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

To make a step over does not mean you have to flounder legs in front of the ball.

1:54

Even this is a step over, but Ronaldo does not bring the legs in front of the ball.

Is not a classic step over but is a step over.

Garrincha was not step overs like today but he knew how to do the step overs

4. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    There are 2 different things
    - a true step over (worldwidely accepted that move made by Rivelino )
    - a dummy moves (that Garrincha , Pele and others did before , or similar to messi did)

Ronaldo did many things: steps over, multi steps over, and also dummy (or half step over)

5. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bullshit. Ronaldo never did some of the things Ronaldinho could do. Ronaldo is not God. All the moves that Ronaldo "invented" (laughing my ass off) were already being done all across Brazil on the football sala court, well before Ronaldo started playing football. It is Brazil, the nation, that is responsible for that style, not Ronaldo.

For the record, Figo was already using step-overs before Ronaldo. Does this mean that Ronaldinho "replicated" Luis Figo's original skills?

My friend, you are not an honest person.

6. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Depends what "technique" means. Definitely it does not mean an ability to pull of a certain trick (like stepovers) imo.

IMO, while not wanting to underestimate Dinho's technique, it was more about joyous creativity and ability to surprise than just technique when it comes to prime-Dinho.

condor11 repped this.
  7. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

the point is that Ronaldo did everything much better than those you mentioned you idiot.

Why did not you answer my post?

you do not have arguments.

As much as you may hate Ronaldo these are a fact.

and Ronaldhino copied Ronaldo, himself said that.

Ronaldo is not God but........ NAZARIO..... NAZARENO :laugh: :laugh::laugh: LOL

Messi--Messia

you're so ********ing retarded:laugh:

and Ronaldhino was a Clown end of discussion

Ronaldo has done all that he did Ronaldinho and even things that Ronaldinho could not imagine, but 10 time better and 10 time more faster

8. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

tua mamma succhia, l'ho vista ieri sulla statale??

9. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

Messi IS on another, level.

I've seen several games of Maradona and he lost possession of the ball in an almost ridiculous, compared to Messi.

Messi ha a PERFECT BALL CONTROL.

Maradona has also played against defenses less organized and slower.

People do not understand that Baresi, Aldini etc. were not in all teams, but in few teams

10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    yeah nah

Dinho could have been inspired by Ronaldo but his actual play did not resemble Ronaldo's

not really

11. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    YOU LAUGHED OFF yourself for kacling knowledge and pretend to talk like a PRO!

you're the one who is BULLLLLL SHIT - for you never watched Ronaldo at his best or maybe no more than a few WC games???

. now can you name ONE THING Roanldinho did that Ronaldo could not do?
    '

For your record, Rivelino invented the step over way back in mid 60's ..
    For teh record, Ronaldinho SAID SO...
    that ... Ronaldo was always his IDOL and he alwyas looked up to play like him. OK?

Now if I wanted to 'invent" things, I would have said " Messi tried to REPLICATED Ronaldo without much success because he is onefooted "

12. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
  13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    so Zidane plays like Enzo Francescoli?

just because he is his idol does not mean that ultimately they had the same style

all you have to do is watch both Ronaldo and Dinho play to realise they are not mirror images of each other

R9 undoubtedly inspired him, nevertheless he also developed his own style

how boring would football be if everyone mirrored their idol 100%

leadleader and Pipiolo repped this.
  14. Alessandro10

Alessandro10 Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Just because they both did step overs that doesn't mean that Ronadinho copied everything from him. Just highlighting certain moves isn't an argument. There's not really much similarity between their games to be honest, And players like Okocha, Quaresma can also pull wonder moves and skills, that surely doesn't make them better technically then Iniesta for example(who doesn't do most of the time fancy tricks).

15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Ronaldinho SAID IT himself, NOT me OK guys ... PLEEZZZ

If you don;t know, you don;t know ... do NOT blame me for that

16. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    well in case someone is lazy...
    Ronaldinho (right on Ronaldo's retirement day)

”Ronaldo for me was an idol. I was inspired by him in everything. Thanks to him Brazil was recognized in Europe. I still cannot realize what has happened. It has left me sad."

17. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    End of discussion

Messi is the most skllfull and effective player ever.

Ronaldhino, Zidane, Riquelme are a clowns

18. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh please, Ronaldinho said many things.... do you not remember when Ronaldinho said "I do not even think I am the best player at Barca", yet, on the pitch if you watched Ronaldinho's body language and attitude, it was obvious that Ronaldinho knew very well that he was their best player.

Ronaldinho is what I call a person who is falsely modest or falsely humble, that is to say, a person who says modest things but doesn't actually act modestly. Lio Messi I feel is similar in that respect, in that he has a humble image but doesn't actually act like humble player when he's on the pitch, but at least, Messi keeps his mouth shut, for the most part.

If Ronaldo was Ronaldinho's idol, of course Dinho will say nice things about him.... Now what was your point again? Are you seriously trying to argue that if Ronaldinho says "Ronaldo was better than me" that I should automatically take Ronaldinho's kind words as factual evidence of something?

If you can't see the fact that you don't actually have an argument in your hands, but merely a quote that you're trying to pass as a fact.... then.... what point is there having a discussion with you in the first place?

According to Zidane, Francescoli was the 2nd best player of all times, should I automatically agree with Zidane just because he said it?

Please explain.

19. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Step-over vs. ball control.

[​IMG]

20. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alexander = biggest clown!

21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    thats nice

inspiration and imitation can be different things

22. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    you know one (or two) thing but missed out A LOT .

Zidane view changed with time:
    - back in France : "When I was young I've always tried to play (like) Platini "

- mid 90's when his son born: " Enzo was my idol, and I named my son after him"

- at his retirement 2007: "I have seen Maradona making moves in serie A (tape of training) , he is the best and not any could do what he did. But to all the players I have played with or against, Ronaldo was the best of all. People are unfortunate not able to see what he did in training. He brought new things everyday and they all are amazing and beautiful"

- in 2012: when asked why Enzo (Zizou son) chose Ronaldo as his idol, but not his dad? Zidane smiled and replied: "because Ronaldo was also my idol"

Most players GROWN UP and changed his view, like Cruijff:
    - in early 70's : he said "I do not believe there is one best ever in anything. Di Stefano was probably the best" (when asked who is the best)

- in late 70's at retirement: " I can be a new Di stefano, but Pele's stats are just beyond any logic boundary" (in a way he accepted Pele as best)

Now YOU EXPLAIN THEM?

==========================================

For your info, even I have changed my view:
    - in late 70's I thought Cruijff was the best ever (not Pele nor Di stefano)
    - in late 80's I changed to Maradona as best ever
    - in mid 90's I had my long working trip in Brazil and I had chances to meet people, read some docs, watched alot of Pele's footage and that time coincided with the debate Pele vs Maradona in 99 ( I was a pro Maradona fan back then , BUT .... I had FINALLY MADE my mind: Pele is KING

23. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Am I hallucinating? Or did somebody just say Giggs had technique as good or better than Ronaldinho? :x3:

There are only a handful of players who can claim to have had better technique in terms of trapping the ball than Ronaldinho - in fact the only players I can think of are Cassano and Maradona. In my opinion Maradona is the best in history in terms of first touches. Then comes Cassano and Ronaldinho.

For people who haven't seen much of Cassano, see this:

In my opinion, that is the greatest first touch by any player in football history, too bad the ********ing idiot director ruined it by swapping camera angles before he controlled it, but you can see from the replays how good it was. His control is so good that the ball actually rolls up his boot onto his shin, it is like he caught it with his foot.

Control with his chest:

Completely kills the ball here:

Baggio is up there as well, probably top 15 ever, see his touch here to take it past Van Der Sar (note that it's Pirlo who assists him ;) ):

That was definitely up there with the greatest first touches in football history, not only for the perfect execution but because of the genius of Baggio for even having the idea to try it.

But there is a different type of technique - dribbling ability. There are quite a lot of players better than Ronaldinho than this, for example Maradona, Messi, Iniesta, Cruyff, Best, Garrancha etc Probably a few dozen more. I would say Messi is the greatest in history at this, just edging Maradona.

24. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Messi really is a freak of nature, second best player ever after Maradona for me. I think Maradona beats him in terms of his range of passing, creativity and moments of genius in general and was more of a leader, also he was slightly stronger. Messi is a slightly better dribbler and is a better finisher though.

25. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree with most of this apart from you saying Ronaldhino, Zidane, Riquelme are not skillful which is ridiculous. I think you are good at comprehending football players skills-sets though.