Ronaldinho in his prime, has there ever been a better player in technique?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by R_9-Ronaldo, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some bloke in Barca I think.

I think that example defines already what I meant, you could listen what Gullit had to say after that move though. (which was basically the same thing what I said :))

View My Video

2. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They did the same with maradona, when he played for barcelona. Ronaldinho looked cool with his technique, like passing with his back for example, but maradonas technique had more accuracy, imo he was able to use his technique much more often and in more difficult situations than dihno could

3. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ronaldinho was not skillfull he was spettacular.
    Zidane was elegant not skillfull.

rONALDHINO AND zIDANE ARE probably the most overrated players ever.

Messi is most skillfull player i ever seen, Zidane and Ronaldhino are shit overrated, not come anywhere near to the technique of Messi.

The second most skillfull player i ever seen is Ronaldo.

the difference between these two and the other? make all in tripple speed.

many people confuse the technique with the elegance and spectacle, are totally different things.

Probabily Messi is even more skillfull than Maradona(in dribbling), he have a better ball control, but Maradona was more creative.

most skillfull player Messi, Maradona
    more creative player Ronaldo, Ronaldinho has copied everything from him and his tricks at 90% WERE USELESS.

I remember that Di Stefano said in an interview that the technique is inversely proportional to the speed, so Messi is incredibly technical because it does everything the others do and also things that can not, at high speed.

Ronaldhino, Zidane, Riquelme are a clowns not a skillfull players

4. Alessandro10

Alessandro10 Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No offense man but have you been drinking? Maradona's technical ability is unmatched. Technique is about ball control, first touch, how well and easy you control the ball in tight spots, surrounded by players. Check Maradona's videos you'll see that he maneuvers the ball with such ease against leg breaking fouls. For me Zidane comes after him. Breathtaking technique(not to mention he's also the most elegant player to watch IMO). Messi is awesome in this regard no doubt, but today in the game Ibrahimovic, Ronadinho and Cassano are above him IMO(Cassano's trapping of the ball is the best I've ever seen). What Messi has that no one has or had is his unbelievable CLOSE CONTROL with the ball especially at speeds. He holds on to that ball like a stripper holding on to a 100 in her bra.

5. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

you are Italian??

in the video on you tube? those watching them, I saw Maradona.I saw Maradona live although I was kid (i'm not a 88), well Messi has a better technique in dribbling and is more efficient.Zidane and Ronaldhino are spectacular and elegant players, but they're not anything exceptional compared to Messi, Messi is on another world. He is more skillfull tha Zidane and Ronaldhino x10.

Even INiesta is more skillfull than Zidane

Many people confuse the technique and the spettacularity with elegance.The technique of Messi is "simple" (in a manner of speaking, nobody can do what he does, maybe in the future I believe Lucas Moura may reach levels at least in dribbling), but efficient

6. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's ridiculous that someone say that Zidane is the second most technical player in history, not even in the top 20. technical elegance, are two different things

7. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ronaldhino, Zidane, Riquelme are a clowns

8. Alessandro10

Alessandro10 Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Messi is a better dribbler then Diego I agree,for me he's the best ever(the best I've ever seen thats for sure) but in technique he holds nothing on Maradona. There are ball controls that Zidane ,Baggio,Bergkamp,Cassano , Ronaldinho and of course Maradona did that I've never seen Messi do. Not just about elegance but about pure ability to control the ball. Iniesta being more skilful then Zidane? No way.

9. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

Zidane had a great ball control because it was static, is much easier, Ronaldo had an even better ball control from static positition and more better at hight speed.il Zidane's ball control is nothing extraordinary, revving is much simpler.He was just a elegant player, his technique in comparison to that of Messi is total shit Put back everything that made Zidane and also things that Zidane has never done 10 times faster.

And INiesta was better than Zidane in dribbling and in close space and he has a decent speed

10. Alessandro10

Alessandro10 Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Look at those first touches look how subtle he touches the ball and it does everything he wants.

11. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    FOR ME MANY OF YOU HERE HAVE NEVER PLAYED FOOTBALL. MAYBE YOU'RE FATTIES who SPEND THEIR LIVES on YOUR COMPUTER to write. I REPEAT for the last time, the technique is Elegance are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS.SAVICEVIC WAS NOT ABSOLUTELY ELEGANT, BUT HAD A GREAT TECHNIQUE.And REALLY HARD to TALK to PEOPLE LIKE CRAP, that FOOTBALL HAS SEEN the MOST OUT of TV, ESPECIALLY IF THEY COME FROM COUNTRIES of the COCK AS RUSSIA, SERBIA, Finland, DENMARK, Peru, aUSTRALIA, ETC.FOLLOW ANOTHER SPORT FOOTBALL is not for you.

carlito86 and Jaweirdo repped this.
  12. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

I SAW ALL the SHIT that MADE zIDANE in HIS CAREER, HE was NOT SKILLFULL was ELEGANT AND SPETTACULAR, TECHNICAL is a DIFFERENT THING.

Messi skill +super speed= super skillfull

Zidane unless trick + elefanze= clown

13. Alessandro10

Alessandro10 Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    My vision is fine. You don't have to write in capital letters. First learn to spell correctly. Secondly I agree technique and elegance are 2 different things. It just happens that Zidane was supremely technical and also elegant. And stop with the insults. If you can't have a decent conversation then don't bother trying to talk.

leadleader repped this.
  14. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Ronaldinho at best was simulated his idol Ronaldo's (techniques and moves) in a slower motion (hence easier to appreciate than his idol)

15. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    really?

to be honest I never saw Ronaldo in the sorta stuff Dinho was pulling off

16. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Entertainment/flair/trickery wise ronaldinho was the best.....bar none

[]__[]

17. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree with you, I have never seen Ronaldo dominate an entire team, the way Ronaldinho dominated Real Madrid. I also, have never seen Ronaldo using the vast array of tricks that Ronaldinho could use in just one game.

I feel that a lot of people have the tendency of going for the "original" just because the original came first; so because Ronaldo was the first Brazilian (as far as I know) to use a lot of tricks at high speeds, most people tend to see Ronaldo as "superior" or better than Ronaldinho. Similar to how people who have never seen Pele play, just assume that Pele is the best ever, just because he is the "original". (note: I'm sorry but unless a person is over 80 years old, and lived in Brazil at the time Pele played football, I won't take their opinions about Pele as anything substantial nor to be taken seriously.)

But in truth, Ronaldinho was not even similar to Ronaldo, Dinho used more tricks than Ronaldo, more consistently than Ronaldo, and also more effectively than Ronaldo; not to mention, the fact that Dinho never played as a striker. FACT: the best goals of Ronaldinho involved tricks, on the other hand, the best goals of Ronaldo (such as his goal against Compostela) did not involved tricks but instead involved pure speed and physical power.... Yet somehow, "Ronaldinho at best was simulated his idol Ronaldo's"?

I mean, from where do these people get such conclusions? How did Ronaldinho "simulated" Ronaldo? How was Ronaldo that much better than Ronaldinho? I just don't get it.

Just because Ronaldo had a 6th gear to his speed that made him lethal in the last third.... most of Ronaldo's fans just don't know where to draw the line between "ability" and "physical attributes", and they see Ronaldo going faster than Ronaldinho, and they assume that Ronaldo could do tricks at higher speeds than Ronaldinho, it's the usual upside-down logic that makes absolutely no sense.

Then again, how was Ronaldinho similar to Ronaldo? I just don't see any strong similarities.

How someone can praise Ronaldo and then, at the same time, say that Ronaldinho was a "clown", is absurd. How can any "reasonable" person, watch actual footage of both Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, and come out thinking that Ronaldo was the shit and that Ronaldinho was a clown?? It just makes no sense, at all.

18. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

I've never seen Ronaldinho make a goal after passing 4/6 players, his goal against Real Madrid, Ronaldo did those things every Sunday.

He dribbler only 2 players.

I've never seen Ronaldinho make elastic like these

Elastico of Ronaldhino=nothing
    Elastico of Ronaldo=hypnotizes player

in this video Ronaldinho exceeds the opponent only once or two

I've never seen anyone make a elastico in run
    I've never seen anyone make a elastico between 2 players
    I've never seen Clowns lke like Ronaldhino and Zidane

make a roulette between 3 players(Cannavaro and thuram not my grand mother)

0:16

I looked for a video where you could see in slow motion.
    Ronaldo did this at supersonic speed

Ronaldinho can do this in her dreams

I've never seen a player make a step over like this

4:45

I only saw Messi dribble past a player and then dribble other one that comes with tackle with a Lob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7uWJlPsUAA

14:42

Zidane and Ronaldhino are a clowns.

not effective and not consistent.

Messi is most skillfull i ever senn, he hes probably the most skillfull player ever.

Ronaldo is the second most skillfull player i ever seen

19. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

1:26

this technique is very popular, but few have seen how it ends

ah ah ah ah

he lose the ball in a stupid way.

Ronaldhino is a clown

20. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    then you missed A LOT. Ronaldo did virtually all the moves that "INSPIRED" many youngers including notably Ronaldinho, Robinho and Neymar (360 turn, Multi-stepover, elasticos, hocus pocus, ...) he even promoted some trade mar moves called "Ronaldo moves", Ronaldo chop ...

Some TYPICAL Ronaldinho that successfully replicated Ronaldo:
    - Elasticos
    - hocuspocus
    - a pass that flip over DF line (for a striker to score)

Ronaldo was a rare legend that got many followers even same as his era (or close in ages) : Crespo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Cisse', Adriano, Drogba , Etoo' , Alex , Casano ...

and many in the relay era: Robinho, Rooney, CR7, Benzama, Balotelli, Ibramovic, ...

and lately Lucas, Neymar ... and even Zidane's son ENZO

21. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Messi said in a recent interview that Ronaldo was an inspiration for his growth as a player

22. Danakil

Danakil Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    you sir are a clown of the highest order.

23. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Actually right before WC10 interview, Messi said:

" I never saw maradona (or Pele) in action, Ronaldo fenomeno was the one inspired me to be a footballer"

That thanks to Barca's doc video that were used to teach their players in YOUTH system (Cruijff, Ronaldo, and Ronaldinho footages were there)

24. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

Coming from someone who comes from Scandinavia is a compliment:laugh:

Go Skiing:laugh: guy, football is not played on the snow

25. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Messi is probably one of the few players who understood the true meaning does the step over, which does not mean shake your legs randomly as they do Cr7 and Ronaldinho without any utility.

But it will end and the body and legs so take the time on the opponent.

I intend this
    05:40