Ronaldinho Gaucho, part 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by AcesHigh, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    That's what I'm trying to say....

It's not uncommon for those things to happen and the performance they had that year was with those things happening. So when you turn around years later and say..

If he had done this correctly they would have won..

all I can say is.. well.. if my grandmother had a penis she would have been my grandfather...

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Read the first link. "Fantastic financial asset." They sold him when his value was the highest at PSG. Given that he was riding the bench and not producing when he saw the field, I'm sure they didn't think his value would increase. Hindsight proves that it was their loss.

Not when the people around him at Barca saw a change.

There are varying degrees of partying. By the time he accomplished what he did, his partying was out of control. Read the quotes above.

Not the case when people who saw him day in and day out were questioning his drive.

[quote
    Prime of a player at his position is not 27-28-29, he's not a defender.
    [/quote]
    27 and 28 is still prime for his position. We aren't talking about runningbacks.

And Leonardo ended up doing what afterwards? Great coaching jobs, right?

3. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    end of 2008.. after Ronaldinho had already left the team with an injury he acquired playing as a starter for his team while he said on another interview that the year before the decision he was outside of Barca plans.

Look man I'm sorry this guy flips more than flipper the happy dolphin. Ronaldinho was probably a spoiled brat, that I can see 100000% and didn't leave many friends where he stopped by, hence this guy after the fact coming out and blaming Ronaldinho for everything.

Read this whole thing.. not just the headlines... stop your selective reading.. it even says there, he went out all the time, he had minor injuries and people in Barcelona were trying to take him down.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's not selective reading. You are being selective. How hard is it to understand that there are varying degrees of partying? The partying he was doing towards the end of his stay at Barca was worse than when he was doing it earlier on. It's that simple.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  6. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    exactly he was already being benched at PSG
    weird that people only notice things after right... It's like the neighbors of school shooters.. AFTER they shoot up a school the neighbors come out and say.. oh yeah he was always dark and carrying guns around... i knew he was up to something...

Because you know.. if I see somebody that I think it's up to something carrying guns around I wouldn't call the cops... BUT AFTER HE DOES SOMETHING!!.. oh yeah I just knew..

Link you posted mentions him going out on the day of concentration to break the tension and adrenaline before a game.. just saying read the whole article.
    They only questioned AFTER he left... if they questioned during his time there.. they would not have voted him the MVP for that season (players vote)

Forwards prime usually ends around 28, forwards are the running backs of football. You have very few that can keep going after, or change their game completely in order to stay active (like become more of a poacher)

[/quote] Coached Inter Milan, won the italian Cup, lost on the quarter final of the CL, second place in Serie A I believe.. then resigned to become a cartola which is what he wanted.. he didn't want to be a coach.

7. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Look unless Ronaldinho gets here and tell me otherwise, your speculation is as good as mine, we'll never agree on speculation

speculation = opinion
    opinion = asshole

asshole.. everyone has their own.

8. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Strong dressing room, points more towards the whole idea of him being a spoiled brat.

Look I don't know Ronaldinho personally... @IVO ! can be a better person to ask about Ronaldinho's personality.

Do I believe his off the field antics shortened his prime? Absolutely
    Do I believe his off the field antics caused Barcelona to have a bad season? Absolutely not

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Great analogy :rolleyes:

He was MVP when? Like the article said, the people that demanded professionalism from him was removed and he hung around those that just pampered him. The issues were already present.

He was a cartola previously and left that job to become a coach because that's what he wanted. He doesn't have a market anymore and he went back to what he had been doing.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just because he was voted MVP doesn't mean his play hadn't already started deteriorating. I agree that in 2006/2007 he still had a great season and many moments of brilliance.

Guigs repped this.
  11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    a little dark analogy, but every time after the school shooting and the neighbor gets interviewed it's ALWAYS the same answers... always bothers me how people want to say what others want to hear just to be on TV.

I agree there were issues, but he was still the MVP for the 2006-2007 Barcelona season voted by the players. Apparently when they were almost winning La Liga they weren't demanding professionalism...

He resigned from inter to take the PSG job. I still remember when the whole thing went down, he kept saying he wasn't interested in the PSG job and he was going to stay at inter.. then BAM he resigns and takes the PSG job.

12. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    He also had minor injuries he was having a hard time recovering.. as the previous article claims...

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I honestly thought he retired already.

15. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I also thought he had retired and was just doing exebition matches for money. 6 months ago he did an exhibition match here in Chicago, where my son and some of his friends played with and against him. The deal was that Ronaldinho got the door money. It was an indoor exebition match. His brother just can't stop making money. I see this as a future for him, doing exhibition matches for money.
    The public still loves him to death and can't get enough of him, rightfully so

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe he is retiring from exhibitions matches ! :D

I guess he is still looking for a team. I honestly don't see the point but I am not him. I am surprised he hasn't been able to sign for a 2nd division Chinese team for a bunch of money. It would seem like a good fit.

17. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There was talk of an MLS team, but yeh China would be a good fit.