Ronaldinho Gaucho News and Discussions Part 2

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by ELADO, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man thats harsh.

Ronaldinho is a great attacking conduit of this team.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    While you feel sorry about Ronaldinho, he couldn't care less for the team. He just wants to party and hook up with all the women he can. Wake up ! His nightlife has become an issue again. And he refused to participate in the 30 year celebration of Flamengo's Club World Championship by not wearing the commemorative jersey. He was the only one who didn't wear it. Zagallo is absolutely right.

3. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I wonder if Zagallo ever tried to convince Parreira to drop Ronaldinho because this is not the first time he express his feelings about Ronaldinho.

4. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Ronaldinho was finished five years ago..period.
    The only season he at least showed some kind of revival was in Milan during leanardo's regime.The credit should go to Leanardo because he was a great motivator.Current Ronaldinho won't even make the starting 11 of many top club teams .Then how can he be the no10 for Brazil?It's better to play without a classic number 10 than to have an immobile Ronaldinho in the team.

5. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Disagree. Ronaldinho still has the touch, the vision, the play making, the skill and the talent to help our National Team. He can be used when things on the field are not working, especially in the set plays. R10 could have been a big help against Netherlands last Cup. Yes Ok so he parties a lot. In fact R10 goes about twice a week to my favorite seafood restaurant in Barra- he rents out the entire second floor, brings about 50 friends including 30 models, and has the time of his life, all night long. So what? So he knows how to enjoy life. I really don’t care as long as he performs on the field. Believe me, once he stops performing and continues his partying, you can be sure that Torcida Raca of which I am a comandante, will be at the parties hounding him.

6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I am usually very critical of Ronaldinho but I have always said what footballer does outside the pitch is his business as long as it does not affect his performance on it. If he parties, it doesn't affect me but if he is partying and showing up late to training b/c of it then it a big problem.

7. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

My judgment is based on what he does on the pitch. He has not been good enough for years (for Brazil). I am with the Old Wolf.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think when we criticize his off the field activities it's clear it's because we know it's affecting his performance on the field. We wouldn't be talking about it otherwise. Flamengo have already spoken to him (and his brother) at least twice which makes it clear they believe it's affecting his commitment to the team.

Given Ronaldinho's incredible skills and since he hasn't had any major injuries in his career, there is absolutely no reason, other than lack of commitment, why he shouldn't be playing at a higher level today. The truth is that he wants to do just enough on the field to satisfy the fans while balancing the other aspects of his life. That's fine if he finds a team willing to deal with it. But as I've mentioned in the past with R9, don't even think about wearing the yellow jersey if you are not 100% committed to being a player. And that means sacrifices in the other aspects of your life.

9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its his business what he does outside of the pitch... If I was in his place, I would do the same, because football is means to have a good life. If he performs, which he does, theres nothing to say about it. Ronaldinho is magic on the pitch, he is embodiment of Brazil football . The rest of the team plays through him, they use him for one-twos, opening up the pitch... they keep making runs around him and he keeps spotting them. Brilliant football!

10. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    It hardly been beautiful. One or two plays per game and a bunch of misplace passes.

11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even when Ronaldinho misses, its better than when most players hit it right:p

joking obviously, but I really don't see it nearly as bad as you describe it.

12. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldinho did well under Mano the past few games he played. No he wasn’t brilliant, but he did well in ball possession, distribution, passing, leadership. R10 showed himself and did well enough to merit continuous subsequent call ups. With the absence of a creative midfield player, as Kaka and Ganso continue injured, R10 is an absolute must for our Selecao.

13. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh, and a Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Brazuka friends on here!

14. Flandre

Flandre Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    If only Ronaldinho put the same effort on his game as he does complaining to the referee these days...

15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oFGt-XQiZ4"]Ronaldinho Gaúcho Batendo na Webcam ? - HD - YouTube[/ame]

Ooopppps

16. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    What did Luxemburgo say at his press conference on this? I have just seen him having a lught about it.

Shall I make the obvious comment: *RG has shown more movement there than he has in the campo for Brazil in 6 years! "Every day I am shuffling" as the song goes!

* if it really is him.

17. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Um, patience running out? Must improve behaviour to get in condition. What is a soon to be 32 year old (so still young) still struggling for fitness when he has been injury free? Answer: too much too soon and he no longer wants it enough - no matter what he says about playing in the Olympics and World Cup (there is saying and there is doing)

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...ar-para-europa-gente-ve-que-esta-exposto.html

18. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    He may be 80, but he still knows you know..........

Zagallo about RG

"This finding has been made by former coach Mario Zagallo, four times world champion for over a year. "Before he was drafted into the game with Ghana [5 September 2011], I stated the obvious. I could not. As I repeat today: do not give more to Ronaldinho," he said.

"To insist Ronaldinho is time lost for the Brazilian team," continued Zagallo, critical of the absence of a rough time for the race of the World Cup. "Olympics is not a priority. We are running, and much, to assemble a team with a chance of winning the World.""

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mano makes an excellent point about Neymar and what I've been trying to say. Too many marketing commitments can mess him up.

But then he defends Ronaldinho :( ... hope he is just doing it for political reasons.

20. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    He also says he ought to play in Europe before the World Cup. A national coach should not day that.

He mentions that Ronaldinho Gaucho needs to get fit. I hope he is giving himself a way out and won't pick him next time.

21. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The pressure from media/public/coaching industry is building up on Mano to exclude Ronaldinho. So we shall see.

22. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Well he should ignore media pressure and just decide if the guy merits a place in the team or squad on form. He will then conclude the answer is nao.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil