Ronald Koeman Watch

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pelle perfectly suited for the EPL, bit strong and poor on the ball

2. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I hope he picks up Immers, Sigthorsson and Matavz for a big fee. :D Would clean up the Eredivisie and bring some cash to the Dutch teams.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Southampton have a lot of money to spend with the income they got for Shaw and Lallana.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The object of scorn and derision in the post, Ronald Koeman has Southampton up to #2 in the EPL. Major props to him for the good start of the season and let's hope it continues. Would love to see an outside team make it into the CL next season.

5. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    the main thing that has helped southampton in koemans top signings... if you look at who left and who he replaced them with, position for position the players he brought in had better stats (goals, defencive records, passing % etc.) than those leaving, and also, more international experience. top managing job imo, but i guess also time will tell

6. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that a non top-table club in England is probably a good fit for him from a stylistic perspective.

7. Interesting remark in AD Sportwereld's article on van Gaal. It says that at Ajax, Barca and Bayern there was a match that ment the turning point from which the team started to perform. In the Bayern case it was the 1-4 win in the CL against Juve.
    They predict the match in which the turning point will be, where the puzzle pieces fall in place.....the match against Southhampton and his enemy RK.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I remember Koeman at Benfica and what a roller coaster ride that was made the QFs of the Champions League knocked out defending Champions Liverpool 3-0 and knocked Manchester United out of Eurpe all together in the groupstages nut in the Liga what a disaster

turns up for big games and against the minnows he lack the same toughness

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ronald Koeman looks like he will be the next Everton manager. Will this end up better than when he moved to Valencia?

11. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Results in first half season or he's gone probably, and after that its an evaluation of each last half of the season. Hired to be fired. Welcome to the BPL. If this is true im just kinda gutted for Clasie, any replacement coach is going to not play him unless he is truely excellent in whatever little time he gets. Physicality still reigns supreme there.

12. Frank de Boer is mentioned as the successor of Ronald.

13. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #88 wilson00, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Agents have confirmed that Koeman to Everton has been sealed with official announcement to be made in the coming days.

I'm jus hoping jus like Van Dijk, he will again bring this another player who also has been knocking on doors for NT but his efforts have run futile.

There is a lot of talks that Wijnaldum will be his first signing.but I'm wondering where he will play with the likes if Barkely around.

If nobody leaves from Everton, I think koeman can go a step up than what he did at Southampton.

As I see it and if this is true ,then his top target will be Mane without a doubt and maybe a good keeper. Krul/Vermeer/ zoet/Vorm

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lukaku and Stones are probably gone for sure.

15. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think Koeman will be given a 100 million pounds kitty and if Lukaku and stones do get sold the kitty could well increase. Most probably he will have replace the out going players with the same calbire of players like he did at Southampton.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^I'm sure that money includes Lukaku and Stones sales (and I don't get Stones; he makes lots of stupid mistakes for a CB). Unless the owner is going to put up a huge amount, Everton don't have that kind of money.

17. And he's on his way to Barcelona .......according to rumours.
    Spanish press claim Luis Enrique wants to quit at the end of the season.
    Guido Albers, F. de Boer's agent, says FdB is not a candidate for Barca. He says they are thinking of Koeman.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He won't be able to deal with the pressure. If he couldn't cut it at Valencia what makes the Barca management thing he can succeed there?

19. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has disaster written all over it.

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Valencia was a long time ago though, CowMan has matured a lot as a coach since then

21. And the Barca seat is free.
    Koeman had a 3 million buy out clause in his contract when Everton wanted him.
    Everton has put in a buy out clause of 8 million, so Barcelona knows what it will cost to sign him.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They can get Frank de Boer for no buy out at all. They know him well having lost to Ajax in CL group play several years ago. Perfect for the job!

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Barca, I think, would go for a big profile manager, and Koeman is not.

I wouldn't mind Koeman taking in charge of the Dutch NT. Too lazy to check when Blind Sr.'s contract is expired, but I'd be surprised if Blind survives past the Euro '18 unless the Netherlands lift the trophy (qualifying is hard enough :p). Koeman is the only candidate I can think of, who can come and hit the ground running. He's good with youngsters, which is ideal as the Dutch NT is still in somewhat transition period.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^^ is that for the Barca job