Roma's 13/14 Season Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Roma_NY, Aug 22, 2013.

?

Where will Roma stand in the table?

1. Scudetto!!!

3.7%
  2. Champions League places

14.8%
  3. Europa League places

51.9%
  4. Top Half of the Table

18.5%
  5. Bottom Half of the Table

3.7%
  6. Relegation

7.4%
  1. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously the market volatility has got us down, but we still have a season to play and I am still excited to see Roma take the field. The poll is straightforward, where will Roma place at the end of the season?

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not really fair making this now, anyone who votes after September 2nd has a distinct advantage. Anyhow as of today I think we are at best Europa league material.

3. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Europa League

4. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that, but the season does start this weekend.

5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    But if someone Ibra arrives after this weekend it changes everything.

I demand an Ibra clause :D Everyone gets a do over in case of Ibra.

6. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha absolutely, we'll start a new thread.

Have to try to keep our sense of humor during times like these.

7. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL, as impossible as that is, I think that'd be the ONLY signing that'd redeem these cowboy fools.

Hell, after all of this, I don't even want my dream-signing Eriksen to join us any longer, he'd be wasted and sold 2 years later, rather he joins us when the Americans are gone.

8. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    As of things stand now, mid table nothingness

9. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    I think our new coach will show in the results and I really like Rudi so I think we will challenge for Champions League but fall short finishing fourth.

Although for some reason I am not allowed to vote.

I also might go see Roma Catania in December as I will be visiting my family in Italy during the holidays therefore I believe the Roma players will hear about this and it will boost their morale xD

Forza Roma.

10. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sorry, but if Lamela is sold, and there is no proper replacement and/or world-class signings (e.g. Ibra and not Ba), I am giving the most pessimistic prediction in my whole life - upper half of the table :((

11. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    I have been around long enough to see teams get rid of good players and still out perform. That comes down to coaching more than anything.

Losing Lamela won't bring Roma into a downward spiral. The ********er did shit from January onward.

The impact of losing Lamela will probably be felt in 2-3 years as Totti retires.

12. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would expand on that and call it the 'anyone decent' clause.

I just hope the angry fans direct their anger at the right people. This squad is still talented, even though we are now wafer thin up top. The negative energy could bury this squad if the fans direct their anger for the execs at the players.

Oban14 repped this.
  13. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That 09/10 squad was a uniquely cohesive unit.

14. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    My favorite example is the Patriots (if you follow the NFL). They are also the spawns of Satan but they repeatedly got rid of their players they felt were overpriced and still excelled.

15. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    1) The boy never deserved to be called a "*****er"
    2) Type a single name who did anything after January
    3) Totti and Lamela never really collided into each other, so he's absence will be felt with or without Totti

16. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Different dynamic though. Most of the Patriots' decisions were driven by the salary cap. They are also the second or third most profitable NFL organization who owns their own stadium, and they're owned by a diehard Patriots fan.

And the Patriots were only hated by anyone other than their division rivals after the 2007 season. Before then, they were looked at in a mostly positive light.

17. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    1) Ok I take it back. The lovely boy did shit the second half of the season and most of pre-season.
    2) Totti, Bradley, Pjanic.

Still it stays in the dynamic that a team can stay competitive even after offloading talent. It has to do more with coaching than anything else. Most of Roma's problems will go away if they could hold on to a coach for more than 3 weeks.

Pallotta may not be a die hard Roma fan but he is a sports fan. I have no doubt in my mind that he wants to own a team that wins.

18. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No comments, especially after including Pjanic in the list of people who excelled since January - the only thing I remember from him is to congratulate his fellow Bosnian for a goal against us in the Coppa final...

La Magica and Romanista89 repped this.
  19. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    I like Pjanic. Don't comment I don't care.

The attack took a step back under A&A that was obvious but some players still performed.

20. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    6th at best.

21. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This midfield is a happy DDR away from being dominant. We will have an idea of the resolve the of the players have this weekend because the negative energy this environment is going to create can be crushing.

22. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This is still a strong squad. I think we'll be around the final CL spot, but finish in Europa.

23. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate your enthusiasm but if Lamela goes, along with the recent departure of Osvaldo, that's a lot of goals to be made up.

I'll go with it could be a strong squad depending on what they do with the money. Just losing those 2 and doing nothing leaves Roma weak IMO.

24. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Don't forget that we had to make up a lot of goals last season because we were leaking in more goals than cocaine goes up Charlie Sheens nose.

A stronger defense will certainly eliminate the need to score 4-5 goals a game.

I think our MF - D - GK are much stronger than last year as long as the no longer bearded one has a smile on his face.

shiboboo repped this.
  25. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I can agree with that. So with no additional reinforcements up front, assuming Lamela is gone, we will see a lot of nil-nils.