Roman's Tax Returns - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Now that Emenalo is out, I think the signings of Messi and Ronaldo are imminent in January.

Blueallthru repped this.
  2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We'll probably get our deals done prior to the window opening like everyone else does now.

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Here's where I struggle with this. What exactly did he do? I honestly don't know who to replace him with because I don't know what he did. Some calling for Ancelotti others saying Neil Bath who is in charge of the academy.

4. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #154 cokeyounut, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Jury is out until we see a replacement and go through a summer transfer window really. Don't see this having a big impact on much this season unless there's a hype-inducing appointment made a la Ancelotti or some of the more outrageous ones I've seen suggested like Ballack or Pirlo, none of which are very realistic imo. Don't think we have any idea if this is a positive move for Conte or not either

Edited to add this quote: "We are extremely grateful to Michael for his tireless work over the past 10 years. He has played an important role during the most successful period in the club’s history, helping make Chelsea the club it is today. We will now be reviewing our management structure, and Michael will be a part of that process as we look ahead." - Marina Granovskaia

Wonder if this will be anything substantial as the club moves forward. Makes sense that Emenalo would be included in the process

Blueallthru repped this.
  5. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hopefully that structure includes not haggling over a few million and submitting last minute panic bids.

6. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Here's a tweet thread from a Chelsea fan I follow. Probably the best points I've seen today. Read through it.

7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Honestly though, was he allowed to set the strategy? In other clubs that may be the role of a TD/SD but here, Roman's strategy is the only strategy we will see so can we mark someone down for not setting what they have no ownership of?

It comes back to me not knowing what powers he actually had (versus perceived powers).

Personally for me the biggest knock was the feeling of cronyism (similar to Grant) that he had not earned the position and a club like Chelsea should be picking the very best talent for every role. The next appointment will be telling.

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This last part is extremely true. If we go with a legit vet TD with a proven track record of getting it done at top sides or even a young TD who's made waves in a middle to low side getting a crack at a top gig vs an unknown not tested at TD at any level it will speak volumes to where the control lies.

9. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think the negotiations were lead by Marina Granovskaia and she had the final say rather than Michael. He helped to identify targets along with the manager, but more importantly he was responsible for the youth system and the loan structure.

10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was being facetious. Just throwing some of the shite I've heard people say about him.

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Some talk that Emanelo won't be replaced and that Granovskaia will pick up his work load.

12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Maybe he got out before the Mueller probe reached him.

I have no idea how busy our January will be, but as I said, we still have glaring holes all over the place.

13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We drew Norwich away for the FA Cup third round tie.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Good draw.

15. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Absolutely is! Looking forward to some rest for our regulars and matches for the fringe players and youth like Ampadu.

16. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Think it was already mentioned in the last Atletico match thread, but we’ve got Barcelona in the round of 16. Have a feeling this was the best draw we could’ve gotten out of the three of Barca, PSG, and Besiktas tbh. PSG too strong atm and we probably would’ve come out sleeping against Besiktas. Players should be able to be up for this one. Here’s a look at our run of games at that time though... ADC6B00C-8BFF-40CA-B39E-7D1E28516B0B.jpeg

17. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I think I’d still prefer Besiktas, but we should be well out of the PL race by then (if we aren’t already).

18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Barca tough draw. Chelsea tough draw.

All these people have literally no ********ing idea how much we've faced Barca, the history we have, and how often we've come out on top. Messi has never scored against us in 6 meetings.

19. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Having the 2 Manchester games either side of the CL games is tuff. Those games are going to be on TV it all depends what times/days they are shifted to. For example if Man City game is moved to the 2nd good if moved to the 4th bad.

20. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ROMAN LINING UP ANCELOTTI

-every british paper

21. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Will be a massive step back. Conte has pulled us out of so many "bad moments". Carlo will just say that we are in one and sit with his hands together. Hope the board does everything to back him.

22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This January window might say a lot. We're out of the title race but can make a good CL run. If we buy cup-tied players, it says a lot about wanting Conte here for the future.

Im not sure what quality is available who aren't cup-tied.

Barkley? He's not very good.
    Mahrez? He has flashes of greatness but is losing the ball the other 95%.
    Zaha? I would not be opposed to him.
    Antonio? Meh.
    Leon Bailey? Apparently, we had a bid already rejected (22m -isn't that against the rules?). He's not Cup-tied. I dont think he could offer the quality of Willian/Pedro just yet.

Julian Draxler from PSG would be exciting. Sandro would be phenomenal on the left, though Alonso is pulling an Ivanovic and becoming our most dangerous offensive threat!

Michy looks sure to leave. This is a gaping hole despite his ability to help us out from the bench the few times called upon.

23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  24. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Christensen just signed a new 4.5 year deal, which is awesome news.

25. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bids will come in in about a year. They can start at 200m.

Blueallthru repped this.