Roman's Tax Returns - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  3. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. That win over Everton qualified us for the Champions League.
    2. I think our win over Everton -the first 5-0 win - was the pinnacle of our season in terms of a complete performance. I don't think we played a better game than that one. Koeman tried to match our 3-4-3 and we just blew them away in every department.
    3. See the transfer thread...

4. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We haven't played a game like this since probably the Carlo days and won't for a long, long time. That performance was an anomaly. Sure we went on an amazing winning streak, but we did not come even close to matching what we were that day, nor do I actually expect us to. That was something else.

5. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    probably true on the carlo comparison, but i think it was just the pinnacle of chelsea being comfortable in the new system, and opponents not yet adapting. there were a few other games in that run that i mentioned i'd never seen the spacing and passing that we'd put together in a few of those games. there was ALWAYS an easy pass option. there were triangles everywhere. no opponent understood how to get close to the system for about an 8 game period. one of the reasons moses looked like a monster. so i wouldn't say everton was a total outlier. there was a trend up, that pinnacle, then the trend down as teams became more aware. one thing that i love about this system though is how flexible it is. you can play just about any way you want with it. it's only tactical and slight role adjustments. you can play defensive, offensive, counter, control, long, short, horizontal, vertical. it's supremely adaptable.

Wrath repped this.
  6. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Honestly, I get where you're coming from, but I couldn't disagree more in terms of what that Everton game was. That was total football. We were unbelievable. Yes we played quite well after the fact for a few games, but that game was nutty man.

Altho yes, people figured the system out, Matic kind of fell off a cliff. As did Diego. That hampered us badly.. or has BEEN hampering us I should say. People figuring us out doesn't quite make up for poor individual performances. Aka Moses not getting crosses past the first man. That's on him. Or Diego getting disposed a record number of times against Arsenal and severely dropping off for several months.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  8. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    True, there have been some glaringly poor performances here and there. Seems the team is trying to get back on track and finish strong though.

Yahtzee repped this.
  9. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For sure.. Diego was a monster against Southampton.

10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kante wins Writers Player of the Year. Hazard 2nd.

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'll care more about this once and if we win the league.

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seeing some absolutely idiotic comments about how he isn't even that good as a result of this.

13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I find those sorts of comments extremely valuable. It tells you precisely which people know sod all about football and whom you can safely ignore in the future.

Blueallthru, Ninjatend0 and Wrath repped this.
  14. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yasik19 and Blueallthru repped this.
  15. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Miguel Delaney has a fantastic article on our title this season in the Independent as well.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  18. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    scirea6 and Blueallthru repped this.
  19. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It is. I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

When CFC first hired him and so many people, supporters and pundits alike, questioned the decision, I believed that he would surprise everybody.

But even I never imagined that he would be this successful. I thought nothing he could possibly achieve could surprise me, but even by his own standards what he's done this season is truly astonishing and I couldn't be happier for him. Finally, people outside of Italy are beginning to understand and appreciate just what an amazing manager he is.

I hope his success at Chelsea continues, and that next season exceeds even what he's accomplished this year (as long as it's not at the expense of my Juve ;)).

20. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    scirea6 and Blueallthru repped this.
  21. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just terrible what happened

Blueallthru repped this.
  22. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Not really sure Hazard deserved the Players Away. He disappeared for whole stretches during the campaign (especially towards the end). Still would have given it Kante for a clean sweep.

Wrath repped this.
  23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    TV revenue is in.

We snagged roughly £151m just in TV revenue. When you include the amount for winning the league that is £200m in profit.