Roman's Tax Returns - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    never heard of him.

2. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Emerson and Rudi at training today :)

lobomojo and Yahtzee repped this.
  3. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pulisic is out of the US matches this month because of a hip injury from the Palace game*

(*he doesn't want to play for Berhalter because he's a clown coach)

Blueallthru repped this.
  4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Is that official?

5. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Berhalter is definitely a clown, yeah

6. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, he was withdrawn and returned to Cobham. It was the result of him hutting the post after he scored. He limped off.

7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    lol

8. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is there any appetite on here for a thread on WSL/Chelsea women? Because they just signed Sam Kerr and in the world of Women's football that's about as big as news gets. Not sure if anyone here gives a damn but its worth a mention

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I absolutely think there should be and this was a massive get.

Rman3349 and stanger repped this.
  10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    lobomojo repped this.
  11. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He really is a unicorn. His talent and humility defies all logic in the face of the ego of the modern era.

lobomojo repped this.
  12. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #413 StamfordBridgeLions, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Roman is not selling the club at a bargain price.

<The word in the financial world is that Roman has been looking to sell the club>

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/24/roman-abramovich-no-plan-sell-chelsea-bruce-buck
    Responding to the suggestion that the club appears to be on hold given Abramovich’s absence and the mothballed stadium plans, Buck said: “I understand what you are saying and it is hard to disprove it, except to say: ‘Let’s see what happens in the next transfer window.’ The point I am making – it’s a glib one – if we go out in the next window and spend a zillion, it’s pretty hard to argue that things are on hold.”

<Spending a zillion? I wonder on who? >

"It makes Mr Abramovich very happy, because he is very interested in the academy. I would guess he’s one of the very few owners that have been to lots of academy matches.”

<It is good that Roman goes to the academy games. More than Sarri ever did>

Buck declined to discuss Chelsea’s appeal of the ban: “This is a subject difficult to comment on, it’s in litigation,” he said. “The club feels Fifa was wrong, and that we did abide by the regulations.”

<I thought the hearing happened on November 20th? I wonder what the results are? Apparently the CAS decision will be announced in December.>

lobomojo repped this.
  13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Before the CAS hearing, it was reported we'd only be hearing in December so still on track for that. Personally I'm holding out for the ban to be upheld through January as it's historically been a bad time to pick up any value in the market.

Typically end up paying over the odds for average players and not sure who would be available that would make us any better. Chilwell is flavour of the month but can't see a top 4 chasing leicester letting any key player go (and have no interest in him at the numbers being touted).

lobomojo repped this.
  14. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, I don't mind if we were banned through January. We do have a lot of areas of need, but yeah, you're right, January prices are super inflated.

Does the ban include loaning in players with options to buy, though??

15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep, Indeed, but I think we are going to lose Giroud in January. He wants to be part of the Euro's for France and to do that he must be playing every week. Maybe we get Zlatan or such a player on loan?

although the word on the street [dressing room] is that the Oliver replacement will be Matias Godoy and Chelsea are very, very keen on the kid and there may be a little horse trading with another side to remove their interest.

16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think so. iirc the ban wording relates to registering new players and that would include loanees.

Kova was already registered hence we could formalize his signing with the ban in effect.

17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chelsea host Forest in the 3rd round of the FA Cup

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50637970

Notable other fixtures: Liverpool v Everton and Wolves v Man Utd. Arsenal host Leeds which could be one to watch as well.

18. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    The Chelsea instagram account had a weird teaser thing today. It was the old old lion crest (in yellow with red staff, think 1970 FA Cup final) with the letters CFC below, all on a shade of blue that also matched the 1970 shirt. There was also the number 50 on the screen and the date 21.12.19.

Obviously it's a reference to the FA Cup win, but anyone know more about what they'll be revealing? Is it going to be something as boring as a replica 1970 shirt?

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It'll probably be something far worse.

Rman3349 and Boris10 repped this.
  20. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    American billionaire Todd Boehly, a part-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, is considering making a fresh approach to buy Chelsea, despite the club's insistence that it is not for sale.

Abramovich has turned down at least four enquiries, the latest of which was from Boehly, to purchase the club in the past 18 months.

Boehly was part of the group that paid £1.3 billion for the LA Dodgers in 2012, outbidding Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke in the process.

One deadline approaching for Abramovich is the Mar 31, 2020 date that marks the expiration of the planning permission for Chelsea’s £1 billion stadium project that was shelved in May last year.

21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tomori signs new deal through 2024. Great news!

lobomojo and Blueallthru repped this.
  22. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    Well... it is a pretty great looking kit.

Bit disappointing though that it's basically the France template - I don't recall the 1970 shirt having shoulders that were darker than the main part.

23. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll probably buy this kit, honestly. It's a nice look.

I'd love it if clubs sold the old retro shirts. The simplicity behind them says so much without being so loud.