Romanian Goalkeepers

Discussion in 'Romania' started by Boian, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the past, romanians had decent goalkeepers. Moraru, Lung or Iordache were great, even though we can associate them with not so good results, some disappointing.
    I've seen the goals that Steaua got in England, and Carlos is not a good keeper. Probably they can find 10 better than him in Div.A. I don't think they looked very carefull when they decided to transfer him. The goalkeeper's mistakes are vital, and Carlos made a few in England, plus mistakes at both Rapid's goals.
    And, based on Lobont's latest games, we probably can say that the goalkeeper position is not covered for the National Team.

2. OnTheRun

OnTheRun New Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Romania
    I think the problem with Carlos is that the media, and the club(when they said he was injured when he wasn't) made him think he is a star and he lost focus.

3. Kbulldog3

Kbulldog3 New Member

May 2, 2006
    New Jersey
    I think another reason carlos is not performing well is that he is not romanian playing on an all romanian team. i do not think that was a good idea from the start

4. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is true, communication between the goalkeeper and the field players is very important.

5. Edgar

Edgar Member

I got 3 names for you: Danut Coman (Rapid), Marius Popa (Poli Timisoara) and Sebastian Hutan (FC Vaslui). The first 2 have already played a few times for the NT, while Hutan is the U-21 first choice keeper.

6. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess they are not good enough, as long as Piturca plays with Lobont first choice....

7. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tatarusanu had a good game against Turkey. With Pantilimon being a forever sub at Manchester City and Lobont not getting enough appearences in Italy, he's the first choice.

8. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I always thought going to a club like Man City is career suicide unless you're one of the best players in the world. You can't evolve as a player if you never play

Boian repped this.