Pre-match: Roma vs Napoli @Stadio Olimpico

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    im hearing
    reina
    hysaj - k2 - mak/chiriches - ghoulam
    diawara - rog - hamsik
    callejon - dries - lorenzo

solid if so

2. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We need maggio.

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #78 Sacki, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    We're gonna lose - hopefully they'll go easy on us.

Reina; Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Zielinski, Diawara, Hamsik; Callejon, Mertens, Insigne

Zielinski is not a vice Allan and Diawara is just plain out shit atm, would rather have Zielinski or Rog playing vice Jorginho.
    Great, whn the World's looking Sarri chooses the most vulnerable and naive formation.

I'm really disappointed with the formation, it clearly lacks aggression and we're actually not even resting players.......

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Okay lads, does any of you believe to have a great relationship with God and also a profound intellectual as well as intuitive or instinctive knowledge and understanding of a successful prayer? Perhaps if we all rehearse it quickly we can make it work before the match is over.

Sometimes I feel like Sarri hates his success, it's like he's been thinking:''Everyone keeps praising me, what a drag, I'll show them just how magnificently I can f*ck things up!''

I guess we can still hope that this midfield has turned out to be a disaster up until now only due to a coincidence, and that Sarri actually knows what it is he's been aiming at with this shit.

Sacki repped this.
  5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nobody wants to make the City thread cause we all know what's coming lol...

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  6. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    That's why I bought 4 beers for myself and also why I am already on my way to the balcony, as I have rolled one to smoke one. For you see, I already need to calm down, to gather up some hope, which will work out all the more easier if I get slightly inebriated even before the game and keep increasing the level of drunkenness throughout the game...

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am shitting myself.

Forza Napoli

vesuviani repped this.
  8. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like your thinking you're only missing cocaine then it would be complete

9. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Somebody get this man a wet wipe

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If someone makes a thread tag me in it. Nvm already down...

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Such an unnecessary loss. There's a mental hurdle in the UCL that u guys need to get past.

12. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Laughable coming from a Juventus fan when adressing the Champions League.

13. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    We have a mental problem in the CL as well. Just yours and Roma's seems to come earlier.

14. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There is really no mental problem. Last season we lost to Real Madrid.

Today we lost to Manchester City.

It's not mental. They are just better than us currently.

15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    but im saying shit like losing to Shakhtar and losing to the likes of Besiktas + drawing Kiev last season.

16. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Besiktas beat Monaco this year...

Also

1-4

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think it all boils down to the midfield changes. I've had it in my head since yesterday that even Shahtar rode us like a whore without Jorg. and Allan, so what did we expect against MC with the same formation? Somebody has already pointed out that there's a whole lot matches that we have lost with that midfield, in fact, nearly all of the matches played with Ziel., Diaw., and Hamsik have been lost.

18. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    We still won the group and besides didn't you guys draw Sevilla and Lyon at home last year?

19. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Don't the first 30 mins of the city game make it obvious theres a mental problem? Imo we looked scared as hell out there, and it doesn't help that our captain isn't doing a great job of leading at the moment. This team can go very far in terms of talent, despite the small budget

20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    To be honest, I sort of expected it due to the declarations of our coach. It's good to respect the opposition, but Sarri was and still is, therefore he has been, taking it into unnecessary heights. If you speak in the media and you stupidly declare: ''Tomorrow we will play against Gods!'', then how can you expect your players to not shit their pants? ''City are the best team in the entire galaxy, perhaps even the universe, and perhaps even the parallel ones, oh their players are the best, and the coach, oh my God, he's the Zeus leading his subjects to rule over the entire universe. And then the players are supposed to go out on the pitch and play confidently.

Retrosword repped this.
  21. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Saying also that Man city will most likely win before the match started too... wtf? I get it Sarri you're humble, but you never admit defeat beforehand. We showed too much respect and it cost us in the first 30 mins. Alsoo the second goal is completely on albiol, from a daft clearance to being slow to recover and not make that interception...
    I hope maksimovic can play more and replace him

22. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Also whats this BS about man city being the most inform/best team in europe? Sane and sterling have awful end product, all their forward line is is pace. Their defence also cannot take being pressed highly, just because they can score 7 past stoke doesn't mean their madrid/barca level.

On a sidenote, with only 3 points from 3 games the Man City games vs Shakhtar and us have become crucial. We can either hope Man city lose both (not entirely unreasonable because when they played at home both teams troubled them a great deal), and we beat shakhtar which would put all 3 teams on 12 points.

Or maybe a more realistic possibility, Man City beat Shakhtar and we beat Man City and Shakhtar (both at home). We go through at 2nd. The annoying this about this is that the shakhtar city game is the last game of the group so we dont know if we've progressed until the last minute.

If we draw or lose against City, its 95% likely we get sent to the europa league. So the man city game we have to 100% win (talk about pressure).

We can also draw with shakhtar on points, if shakhtar draw to us, lose to city and we win vs city.

All of these contingencies are made on the assumption feyenoord lose every game

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  23. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Moreover, we cannot be sure that City did not actually lower their performance and concentration after going 2 goals up. If this assumption is anywhere near being correct, this could mean that we will be destroyed once again... It pisses me off because I wanted to see just what we can do, and you can't see that if the team is not the way it usually is. Now we can keep guessing whether we can compete more with our regular line-up, with no certainties, no reliable data to base our assumptions upon. Thus, we have put the hopes of our qualification upon a rather precarious foundation. Also, the man or men who made the schedule(AS, City, Inter) should be kicked in the nuts.

24. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I see what you mean, we gave them a headstart and then the match suddenly tilted to our side. We can't even conclude if thats a mentality problem in itself in letting them steamroll us or if City were just too good then ran out of gas. I think el nap would have something to say about this, where are you nowadays @el napulitan

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  25. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Exactly.