Roger Martinez - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by ElNando, Aug 12, 2013.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Roger is in the nt. He used better their opportunities than borre , preciado...he have been great in Argentina , libertadores , colombian nt , Colombia u-23 . Now last two Months China . Actually have had More competence that europeas players in pre season

Between rodallega and roger? Roger have potential . Rodallega isnt in nt

Man jackson is BENCH!!! His level is The same as atletico. In fact in europe a lot of people think that being top scorer in prtugsl doesnt mean nothing ...

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So Brasil and Argentina played the same competition as Colombia .. So nice to say is relevant that they called players form China . I say to all not only you

when he played in natonal team , he showed More than a lot of players That have been called for a lot of time .

He Didnt played almost 50 matches. it was like 30 matches . And that was falcao scoring level at that age

A lot of that players that you name are in a so average level or never performed well in national team

He is a national team player in this moment , he won the spot before China , not in China . And he played well

Azucarero repped this.
  3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And in national team , u-23. He have proved himself everywhere in the last year .

We aren't anymore in Jackson , falcao , bacca , Montero , Ramos ages being top scorer in Europe

In this moment bacca is the only top forward

J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah im with Pepino, you can't be so blind to ignore players just because of their league. There are always exceptions to everything no matter what. Everyone is different. I think its pretty clear as to why Roger should be considered over others.

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    actually if it weren't for Roger, we may not have even have gone to the olympics. Thanks to his 2 goals against the US despite not starting

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    - Carlos Bacca
    - Teofilo Gutierrez
    - Roger Martinez
    - Miguel Borja
    - Luis Muriel

For next match ....these are The real options, no better than them in this moment.

Falcao injured , jackson bench, ramos bench

We need to take new people , dayro and rodallega wont give guarantees and they arent be coming better with years

Doogs, Azucarero and Hovaaa repped this.
  7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This argument is useless. You think Roger deserves a spot after ripping nets in China? good for you, I don't. And please leave Jackson out of this conversation. I already said that neither should be in the NT as long as they are in China, I also said that Jackson proved himself in a good European club scoring many goals every season while Roger still has to prove himself (yes, 11 goals in Racing and Aldosivi aren't really proving, also not the U-23 goals with all due respect). Is Roger a talented player? No doubt. Is he a NT material? Of course he is. But he also has to understand that a guy in his age should look the way to improve his game, to play in the highest levels and by going to China he did the opposite.

Pekerman already said that he won't call "Chinese" players, I will be very disappointed if he will call him while he ignored Jackson when the last one was a beast in Porto. It's like you playing FIFA at amature level, ripping your opponent 10-0. You may think that you are a good FIFA player, but the only way to check it is by upgrade the level. This is why his statistics in China means nothing to me. Never said that he is not a good player or a NT material, but as long as he plays in this circus, I won't call him.

This is my opinion and you won't gonna convince me otherwise.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are judging The player because The contracts he is signing.

Roger doesnt deserve The Spot because he scored un China . He deserved because he have scored and played well in all The tournaments he have played During this year . BIG DIFFERENCE and in all teams he have been called. He has continuity with his form

Jackson was ignored not because he was in China . Is because he have been horrible for a year including China . So their histories are different

And i repeat , Argentina and brazil called players form China and they performed well .

9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Roger didn't proved himself. He showed great potential in Argentina and in the youth NT (In the Copa he wasn't that good). He is young, he still needs to prove himself and so is Marlos and other young players.

Jackson on the other hand, was ignored when he was a beast, not only in the last season. And by ignored I mean was called but never got a fair chance from Pekerman and you know it (even when no one could stop him in Portugal). Of course that he shouldn't get called according the last year only. And Jakcson, Mac & Guaro were cancelled by Pekerman as soon as they left to funny leagues, before they even played one game. Pekerman said it himself. So I really don't know what to think if he'll call Roger.

As for Argentina & Brazil, it doesn't mean anything. We can also call Rodallega and it will work under Pekerman, you can never know.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Macnelly Wasnt cancelled as soon he leave to Qatar ...he was called before The wc , to a lot of games of wcq and friendlies when he was player of The Qatar league

Jackson is another story , his style Wasnt liked by pekerman and he always had a harder competence . Roger had Lucky, that our only top forward in this moment is bacca . Jackson had teo , falcao , bacca and ramos in beast mode. If roger appeared in that time when Jackson was beast , falcao beast and bacca beast , no hope for him in The nt

But The circunstances have changed .

11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    All I know is that Roger has tons of potential and I hate to see him wasting his time in China when I know he can make in big time in Europe. Anyway, we'll close the discussion by saying that we do not care who will score, as long as we will take at least 4 pts from these two matches.

12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    When, in your opinion, does a player "prove" himself?

Jackson wasn't ignored. That's revisionism. Jackson was playing incredible for club at a time when Falcao and Teo were among the best striking partners in world futbol. The times Jackson took either of their places, he never really impressed. He and Falcao never developed any chemistry--and they had plenty of chances to--and with the way Falcao was playing in those days, there's no way you adjust to make things work for Jackson's sake.

So as for Pekerman's no-China policy, you've gotta take a look at the circumstances each player was in at the time. Jackson never did anything special for the NT (yes, he may have done better with more opportunities), and with Falcao's injury the position was his for the taking. He didn't take it. He became a shell of himself for club in Madrid and has not shown any signs of rekindling things in China. Similarly, Guarin started this qualifiers with Aguilar, Sanchez, Valencia, Aldo etc completely out of the picture. He was given the armband, and completely crapped his pants.

Pekerman purged guys who had undisputed spots on Colombia's bench for years once they proved they couldn't be relied on when they were given responsibility; not just because they went to China.

pepinointer and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    trust me, im pretty sure everyone's noticed.

14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When a player show good performance abd stability for 2-3 years and in a decent league. No one says that he should be a top la liga scorer, but then again so his Chinese record isn't impressive and I gave you the Israeli example. He was average in the Copa, didn't show me something that would justify another call over players like Borja, Preciado or Dayro. Same thing like MLS players who didn't got too many shots evem when they played well like Castillo or Diego Chara. And again, no one said that he shouldn't be in the national team because he does havw potential, but to base it on his goals in China?! Come on. He has the ability to play in every league in the world.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The first time against Chile , was roger against Chile . A lot of balls, personality and hability to créate options

1. Preciado couldnt be good not even in u-23...his level this year have decreased a lot . No goals in libertadores...his current form is very low

2. Dayro no More potencial, he Wasnt interesting The minutes he got. Against Costa Rica Didnt show his experience in front of The team when he was The player with More caps in yen field

3. Borja have been good this year ...roger have had More stabilty. I think both deserve a shot

The other players as i said are injured or in a bad current form

He is showing things since 2015 / 2 semester. Before China .

16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He showed potential, mot things.
    Let's wait and see if he'll get call. Anyway, I hope he'll fins himself in the highest level where he belongs

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #167 HomietheClown, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    What I will say about Jackson in a positive sense is that his hold up play did help us tie Chile. It allowed Muriel to roam around free on the wings and attack.
    Also Jackson was never given an opportunity by Pekerman in a sense the he did not start in an official game in Barranquilla. I would have liked to have seen what he could do at home.

Azucarero and pibe10 repped this.
  18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can agree with part of @Azucarero 's post regarding Jackson. He wasn't ignored before the WC because he was always received a call and our duo was Falcao-Teo for a reason. After the WC, when we lost Falcao and Teo as well, when only Bacca & Jackson performed well, then he should receive more chances in my opinion. Pekerman tried Falcao again in Chile 2015 which now seem to be a mistake but I wouldn't judge him since I also wanted to see Falcao.
    Also, Jackson wasn't a saint himself, but I could totally understand his frustrations. Anyway, my intention as I said at the beginning, wasn't to compare between Jakcon & Roger because I don't think that Jackson deserves a call either, I just wanted to show that calling Roger regarding his form in China, isn't serious. He is a good player, he should be in a better league and toughest competition.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    After The World cup we never lost teo, at least before Jackson ...

The only time that teo haven't played or performed bad was the month that Jackson went to China . Before that he was in his best moment in river

Never was a moment that teo wasn't performed well and Jackson did ...

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He started important matches too.

NT isn't a place that you received opportunities when you want is when you should, and less when do you have an established partnership

Bacca didn't start in Barranquilla , until August 2015, maybe if Jackson would performed well since that time he would have that chance ....but never happened

21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Teo's best duo was with Falcao. Once Falcao lost his form, Pekerman could either choose another striker next to Teo (who wasn't brilliant in the NT, unlike in River) or to play with a lone striker. Since both Jackson and Bacca were great in their clubs, Pekerman decided to keep with with Teo as lone striker and Teo, like Teo, didn't really perform that great. We had matches that he would appear sometimes only in the seocnd half but that's not the point. My point is that Jackson never got a real chance from Pekerman. and by real chance I mean to stick with him for 3-4-5 games, not to put him as a sub in the 66th minute and be mad when he misses his chances.

22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Anyway, we're once again off topic and I hate to do it, so as far as I concern, I made my point and herd yours too. We'll see in the next call up if Pekerman will call Roger and if he'll call him, I wish Roger will perform his best.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Teo since his first matches with pekerman score a brace ...he always answered on him .

No moment was Jackson and bacca just performing well .... Jackson lost his football when his opportunity was arriving ...that's the true , football is patience

Bacca had it and now is getting the reward

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doogs repped this.
  25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator