Rocky Mountain Cup auction

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Jul 5, 2005.

1. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice work Duece!

2. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We still have the photos mentioned above coming up for auction. Also, hopefully DJ gloves and jersey. I can ask our Loyal Leader to talk to the front office about maybe some smaller items. Although they've been pretty good to us already! :)

3. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    oh, oh!!! I want dibs on the Kreis and Tiger photos. *sound of me counting my pennies* Good thing aosthed doesn't know how to use ebay, that's one less person I have to outbid.

Great work Deuce!

4. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    You can't outbid me!... because I'm eeevil.

Don't worry DJ is going up write next to my autographed Patridge family photo. :eek:

5. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Where are you starting the photos? Played golf with Kreis at a DCU charity event and really like the guy.

6. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    The value of the Kries jersey is going to go up with every goal he scores :)

7. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
  8. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deuce, I am confused. When are all the very cool autographed photos going on sale?

10. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As soon as our C10er who's in charge of the eBay stuff has time to put them online. He'll probably post here when he has them up, I imagine. (Hi C10er)

11. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    And here I am!!!!

Just about every RSL player has an autographed photo ... check them out ... support the cup!! Bid early!!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZrockymountaincup

Mathis
    Kreis
    Williams
    Countess
    Trembly
    Kamler
    Dipsy
    Tiger
    and so many more ... 20 photos in all ... starting bid is only $10. You can avoid shipping by picking them up!!!

COME ON YOU RSLers ... SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!

12. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
  13. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ok, I've got a REQUEST (if that is possible)...

How about a Team photo / first "11" photo that is perhaps signed or something? (you know the photo for the inaugural home opener that they take right before the start of the game showing the starting eleven... perhaps the FO can get some of those printed and signed?...)

I've got limited wall space in my office but it would be cool to a have a team photo from the inaugural season - I'm finishing my basement in the fall and making a big tv / billiards / foosball room in the likeness of a english pub / college clubroom... to remind me of my time in graduate school in the UK. There will be plenty of RSL memorabilia there among others (Arsenal, Barca, Celtic, etc).

Don't worry, I'm buying some other stuff too ... but I need to wait till it gets a little closer to the deadline... :D

14. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I don't have one from the Inaugural match but I do have one from the June 22nd LA Galaxy match and July 4th Metrotards match.
    If you are interested in either of those PM me and we can discuss things in more detail.

15. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The auction offerings are impressive. I do suggest that everyone be included, or at least asked for items. We may like some players more than others, and anticipate that they'll perhaps be gone from the team, but they're here now and deserve to be offered the chance to participate in the creation of the Rocky Mountain Cup . . . Cup.

Maybe I'm just being sentimental. But this team is different than most. My guess is that the players talk about this - I wouldn't guess the same thing on a team other than RSL. Don't alienate someone from the fans regardless of his on-field performance at this point. Ask Behncke and whoever else is missing for a photo. They can decline, but that's different.

Just my ten cents.

16. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls

You never know, it may bring in big $$$. Lots of people are looking for something to burn in effigy after last night. ;)

17. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I appreciate your input
    I would like to reply by saying;
    I am not excluding people because of anything other than I did not have time or the funding to include them.
    I would have loved to get every single player in a picture and have it signed and mounted.
    But the time and investment just to get the 20 you see was substantial.

These guys didn't come to me for autographs.

Maybe we can get some others at a later time... I will not rule that out. but for now I am going with what we have.

18. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Plus ... if something doesn't go via auction ... Rocky Mountain Cup loses money.

Eric did VERY well here ... hats off.

19. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    First auctions end in 3 days ... get your bids in!!

20. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Just a friendly reminder.
    This one ends tomorrow around 12(mst)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5217012413&category=2841&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

-----

As usual the whole auction can be found here...
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZrockymountaincup

Autographed Photos
    Nik Besagno, Dante Washington, Nelson Akwari and Andy Williams still only have one bid.

Act now for your chance to own a ONE OF A KIND piece of RSL's inaugural season.
    You could also get your hands on Seth, Rusty or Dipsy for a pretty decent bid...

More great things will be posted soon....
    Not sure what all the other stuff is but I hear it is pretty good stuff.

21. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    auctions start ending in 1 HOUR!!!!!

22. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny post from Maxim-1 over in the list of daily newspaper articles, regarding the possible expanshion franchise in Milwaukee:

"We should name the Cup between them now. That'd really show it to those slack-ass RSL and Rapids fans who waited until on city actually had a team. Sure any fan can start a rivalry with a team that hasn't played a game yet, but the trully hard core fan starts a rivalry with a team the might at some point play games against theirs."

Ah, but is he ready to auction stuff on ebay already?!

23. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Giddy up!

24. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    What else is there to do in Milwaukee? Talk about where the good bubblers in town are?

...and by bubblers, I'm not talking about bongs.

25. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It says we can pick up the photos in Am. Fork and not pay shipping. Who exactly do we need to get those from? Is it someone on these boards?